petal | petaled | petalled | petallike | petals
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Petal"
The following 69 pages are in this category, out of 69 total.
- According to the Gopala-tapani Upanisad, the Lord showed one of the many thousands of petals of His lotus feet. It is said: brahmano'sav anavaratam me dhyatah stutah parardhante so 'budhyata gopa-veso me purastat avirbabhuva
- All princesses who were wives of Krsna were exquisitely beautiful, & each one of them was attracted by Krsna's eyes, which were just like lotus petals, and by His beautiful face, long arms, beautiful ears, pleasing smile, humorous talk & sweet words
- All the Vaikuntha planets are like petals of a lotus flower, and the principal part of that lotus, the center of all the Vaikunthas, is called Krsnaloka or Goloka Vrndavana
- Although His (Krsna's) lotus feet were as soft as the petals of a lotus flower, He proceeded for a very long distance on foot
- As soon as Brahma was born of the abdominal lotus petals of Visnu, he was impregnated with Vedic knowledge, and therefore he is known as veda-garbha, or a Vedantist from the embryo
- Bilvamangala said, "I am eagerly waiting to see that boy of Vrndavana whose bodily beauty is captivating the whole universe, whose eyes are always bounded by black eyebrows and expanded like lotus petals"
- By mystic yoga and the practical application of knowledge from the scriptures, Kapila Muni, who is characterized by His golden hair, His eyes just like lotus petals and His lotus feet, will uproot the deep-rooted desire for work in this material world
- Harideva is an incarnation of Narayana, and His residence is on the western petal of the lotus of Mathura
- He (Aniruddha) was dressed in yellow garments & had eyes just like lotus petals. His arms were very long, & he had nice, curling, bluish hair. The glaring rays of his glittering earrings & the beautiful smile on his lips were certainly captivating
- He (Maha-Visnu) was dressed in very nice yellow clothing, His face was beautifully smiling, and His eyes, which were like lotus petals, were very attractive
- He has arms that extend to His knees, and His eyes are like the petals of a lotus. In His person are all the transcendental symptoms of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- His (Baby Pradyumna's) eyes were just like the petals of lotus flowers, and his arms were long, reaching down to his knees; any woman who happened to see him was captivated by his bodily beauty
- His (Krsna's) eyes appeared to spread like the petals of a lotus, and His smiling face exhibited the symbol of eternal peace and prosperity
- His (Lord Rsabhadeva's) mouth was beautifully decorated with His natural smile, and He appeared all the more lovely with His reddish eyes spread wide like the petals of a newly grown lotus flower covered with dew in the early morning
- His (Lord Visnu) four hands were decorated with a conchshell, club, lotus and disc, He was dressed in yellow garments, and His eyes appeared like the petals of a blooming lotus
- His (Prahlada Maharaja's) tall, elegant figure was dressed in yellow garments, he had long arms, and his beautiful eyes were like the petals of a lotus. He was very dear and pleasing to everyone
- His (Uddhava's) arms were very long and his eyes were just like the petals of the lotus flower. He was dressed in yellow garments and wore a garland of lotus flowers. His face was very beautiful
- His eyes are just like lotus flower petals, and he is so intelligent that by his talking and his moral instructions, all the other friends take the highest pleasure. Let us all offer our respectful obeisances unto Krsna's friend Subala
- His four hands were decorated with a conchshell, club, lotus and disc, He was dressed in yellow garments, and His eyes appeared like the petals of a blooming lotus
- His mouth expresses His happiness. His eyes spread like the petals of a lotus, and His garments, yellowish like the saffron of a kadamba flower, are bedecked with valuable jewels
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who is adept at playing on His flute, whose eyes are blooming like lotus petals, whose head is bedecked with peacock feathers, whose beauty is tinged with the hue of blue clouds
- In His (Krsna's) left palm He was holding a lump of food prepared with yogurt, butter, rice and pieces of fruit salad, which could be seen through His petallike finger-joints
- It is said that when the full moon rises, the lotus petals become expanded. Similarly, when Krsna used to appear before Radharani, Her face, which is compared to the lotus flower, would expand by Her yawning
- Kalayavana saw Him, in His Visnu form, with a well-built body, four hands, and eyes like the petals of a newly blooming lotus
- Krsna is sometimes addressed as the lotus-eyed because His eye... He's very beautiful. So anyone who has got his eyes just like petals of the lotus flower, it is considered very beautiful
- Krsna killed the King of Kasi with His arrows. He specifically arranged to throw the head of the King of Kasi into the city of Kasi so that his relatives & family members could see it. Krsna did this just as a hurricane carries a lotus petal here & there
- My dear Dhruva, as far as I (Suniti) am concerned, I do not find anyone who can mitigate your distress but the Supreme Personality of Godhead, whose eyes are like lotus petals
- My dear Lord, Your two lotus feet are so beautiful that they appear like two blossoming petals of the lotus flower which grows during the autumn season
- O King with eyes like the petals of a lotus, kindly come sit down and accept whatever reception we can offer. We have a supply of nivara rice that you may kindly take. And if you so desire, stay here without hesitation
- O King, when all the demigods saw the Supreme Lord in that posture, smiling with eyes like the petals of lotuses grown in autumn, they were overwhelmed with happiness and immediately fell down like rods, offering dandavats
- O my Lord, possessing eyes like the petals of a lotus, the worship of the demigods, who are in the bodily concept of life, is fruitless in all respects
- O wonderfully beautiful girl, You have such nice eyes, resembling the petals of a lotus flower. Who are You? Where do You come from? What is Your purpose in coming here, and to whom do You belong?
- On hearing Citralekha's inquiries, Usa replied, "My dear friend, in my dream I saw a nice young man (Aniruddha) who is very, very beautiful. His complexion is swarthy, his eyes are just like lotus petals, and he is dressed in yellow garments"
- On Puskaradvipa there is a great lotus flower with 100,000,000 pure golden petals, as effulgent as the flames of fire. That lotus flower is considered the sitting place of Lord Brahma, who is the most powerful living being
- On the coiled lap of Sesa Naga, Krsna was sitting very soberly, with four hands. His eyes were like the reddish petals of the lotus flower. After returning to the Yamuna, Akrura saw Balarama turned into Sesa Naga and Krsna turned into Maha-Visnu
- Sakuntala said: O King (Dusmanta) with eyes like the petals of a lotus, kindly come sit down and accept whatever reception we can offer
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "'May the left arm of Sri Krsna, whose eyes are like the petals of a lotus flower, always protect you. With His left arm He raised Govardhana Hill as if it were a toy'"
- Srila Ramananda Raya then saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to be as brilliant as a hundred suns. The Lord was covered by a saffron garment. He was large in body and very strongly built, and His eyes were like lotus petals
- Srimati Radharani, being the central petal of the rasa-lila flower, is also known by the names found in the following verses - of Caitanya-caritamrta Adi-lila Chapter 4
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "When He (Krsna) would thus sit amongst His friends, it would appear that He was the whorl of a lotus flower and that the friends surrounding Him were petals"
- The beauty of the lotus feet of the Lord is compared to the petals of a lotus flower which grows in the autumn season
- The Brahma-samhita states that Gokula, the highest region of the kingdom of God, resembles a lotus flower with thousands of petals
- The color of the Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is described here (in SB 3.28.13) as nilotpala-dala, meaning that it is like that of a lotus flower with petals tinted blue and white
- The Earth personified continued, "Your (Krsna's) eyes are always spread like the petals of the lotus flower, and therefore they are all-pleasing to the eyes of others"
- The Lord appears, just as the morning sun rises, to protect the whole universal creation. His arms display different weapons, and His eight hands are compared to the eight petals of a lotus flower. All the weapons are for the protection of His devotees
- The Lord has four arms and an exquisitely beautiful face with eyes like lotus petals, a beautiful highly raised nose, a mind-attracting smile, a beautiful forehead and equally beautiful and fully decorated ears
- The lotus flower itself is compared to the lotus feet of the Lord, and the petals are compared to the nails of the feet of the Lord. The nails of the feet of the Lord are very bright, as Brahma-samhita testifies
- The other parts of Maha-Visnu's legs, the joints and lower extremities, were all very beautiful, the nails of His feet were dazzling, and His toes were as beautiful as the petals of the lotus flower. His helmet was decorated with very valuable jewels
- The paramahamsas are compared to royal swans who make their nests on the petals of the lotus flower. The Lord's transcendental bodily parts are always compared to the lotus flower because in the material world the lotus flower is the last word in beauty
- The sage was tall, his eyes were large, like the petals of a lotus, and he had matted locks on his head. He was clad in rags. Svayambhuva Manu approached and saw him to be somewhat soiled, like an unpolished gem
- The shape of the spiritual sky is compared to a lotus flower. The topmost region of that flower is called the whorl, and within that whorl is Krsna's abode. The petals of the spiritual lotus flower consist of many Vaikuntha planets
- The splendor of the transcendental rays from His (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) moonlike toenails and fingernails appeared like the petals of a flower
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead has a cheerful, lotuslike countenance with ruddy eyes like the interior of a lotus and a swarthy body like the petals of a blue lotus. He bears a conch, discus and mace in three of His hands
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, whose eyes resemble the petals of a newly blossomed lotus, sat on the back of Garuda, spreading His lotus feet over Garuda's shoulders
- Then Agnidhra observed the glancing eyes of Purvacitti and said: My dear friend, you have two very powerful arrows, namely your glancing eyes. Those arrows have feathers like the petals of a lotus flower
- There (in Goloka) the Lord plays His flute, His eyes are like lotus petals, and the color of His body is like that of a beautiful cloud. On His head is a peacock feather. He is so attractive that He excels thousands of Cupids
- They (the cowherd boys) ate and constantly enjoyed seeing the Lord face to face. Krsna appeared to be the whorl of a lotus flower, and the boys surrounding Him appeared to be its different petals
- They (the gopis) began to contemplate, "Who is this boy who looks just like Krsna? He has the same eyes like lotus petals, the same raised nose and beautiful face, and he is smiling in the same way"
- This verse (SB 4.7.21) nicely describes how the sun, moon, eight-petalled lotus flower and humming black bees were represented by the fans of hair, the overhead canopy, the moving earrings on both sides of His (Lord Visnu) face, and His blackish hair
- When a bumblebee enters the opening of a lotus flower and drinks its honey, it is fully protected by the petals of the lotus. The bee is undisturbed by sunshine and other external influences
- When a face looks very attractive, the eyes are generally compared to lotus petals and the face to a lotus flower
- When the demon saw the PG, who had eyes just like lotus petals, standing in position before him, armed with His Sudarsana discus, his senses were overpowered by indignation. He began to hiss like a serpent, and he bit his lip in great resentment