perseverance | persevere | perseverant | perseveres | persevering
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Perseverance"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- An example of this perseverance and reservation is found in the behavior of King Pariksit
- Arjuna next asks: "What is the destination of the man of faith who does not persevere, who in the beginning takes to the process of self-realization but who later desists due to worldly-mindedness & does not attain perfection in mysticism?" - Bg. 6.37
- Arjuna said: What is the destination of the man of faith who does not persevere, who in the beginning takes to the process of self-realization but who later desists due to worldly-mindedness & thus does not attain perfection in mysticism? BG 6.37 - 1972
- Hiranyakasipu or the manufacturer of the atomic bomb, they are also undergone severe austerities. It is not manufactured all of a sudden. But it required brain and perseverance. They have manufactured, but what is the value?
- His (Krsna's) appearance as one of the human beings and His disappearance again from the mortal world are subject matters for the research workers who execute research work with great perseverance
- If his (the most intelligent man's) attempt is properly executed with penances and perseverance, it is sure to be crowned with success
- In Arjuna's discharge of duties as a ksatriya, he is advised to persevere, even if it is difficult to fight with his family members or similarly beloved persons. BG 1972 purports
- Maya may try to pull us from Krishna's service, and try to engage us in her service, but we must simply persevere, and try to do as much as possible for Krishna each day
- Mukti, or liberation from the laws of material nature, is sought by the leaders of mankind in different ways and with great plans and perseverance for a great many years and births. BG 1972 purports
- One (the yoga practitioner) should be sure of success at the end and pursue this course with great perseverance, not becoming discouraged if there is any delay in the attainment of success. Success is sure for the rigid practitioner
- One should be sure of success at the end and pursue this course (practicing yoga) with great perserverance, not becoming discouraged if there is any delay in the attainment of success. Success is sure for the rigid practitioner. BG 1972 purports
- Only with patience and perseverance can we realize the transcendental subject matter regarding the Absolute Truth and His different forms. He is formless to the neophytes, but He is in transcendental form to the expert servitor
- Paurnamasi tells Nandimukhi, "What a regrettable thing it is that this girl is trying to drive away from her heart the same Krsna who is sought after by great sages through severe austerities and perseverance!"
- Persons who are desirous of becoming great personalities must be decorated with the following qualities: truthfulness, cleanliness, mercy, perseverance, renunciation, peacefulness, simplicity and control of the senses
- Rupa Gosvami describes the characteristics of a person who has actually developed his ecstatic love for Krsna. The characteristics are as follows: (2) He is always reserved and perseverant
- Rupa Gosvami, in his Upadesamrta (3), advises that to make rapid advancement in the cult of devotional service one should be very active & should persevere in executing the duties specified in the revealed scriptures and confirmed by the spiritual master
- The Srimad-Bhagavatam gives answers to all of the various students of self-realization: this ultimate objective of life is not to be searched out without great labor or perseverance
- The word atma also means patience and perseverance. By patience and perseverance one can achieve the highest stage of devotional service
- Those (yogis) who do not persevere to such an extent (perfection of Krsna consciousness) and fail due to material allurements are allowed, by the grace of the Lord, to make full utilization of their material propensities. BG 1972 purports
- When a devotee meets Krsna, there are symptoms of jubilation, pride and perseverance, and when he is feeling great separation from Krsna, the symptoms of ghastliness, disease and signs of death become prominent
- When a person is undisturbed even in the presence of various causes of disturbance, he is called reserved and perseverant