Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Parrot | Parrots | Suka
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Parrot"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Actually Sri Caitanya-caritamrta is not my writing but the dictation of Sri Madana-mohana. My writing is like the repetition of a parrot
- After hearing this description of Lord Krsna from the male parrot, the female parrot began to recite a description of Srimati Radharani
- An old woman in Vrndavana stated, "In the language of the Kashmere Province, and with the parrots and other birds, as well as in most common languages, Krsna is so expressive"
- And, as ripened fruit becomes more relishable when first touched by the beak of a parrot, or suka, so Srimad-Bhagavatam has become more relishable by being delivered through the transcendental mouth of Sukadeva Gosvami
- Both parrots flew onto the hand of the Lord and began to chant the transcendental qualities of Krsna, and the Lord listened to them
- Both parrots then flew onto a tree branch, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to watch the dancing of the peacocks with curiosity
- Bumblebees and birds like the parrot and cuckoo all began to sing loudly on the fifth note, and the peacocks began to dance in front of the Lord
- I simply repeat like a parrot whatever instructions You have given me. You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. Who can understand Your dramatic performances
- If the fruit is ripened in the tree fully, then you taste it - it is very delicious. Another thing is that if any fruit in the tree, when it is ripened, it is tasted by the parrot, touched by the beak of the parrot, it becomes more delicious
- It is stated in the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika that the two famous parrots named Daksa and Vicaksana in krsna-lila became Caitanya dasa and Ramadasa
- Simply quoting verses, like parrot, will not be very much beneficial. One must apply, jnanam vijnana-sahitam
- Somewhere He (Krsna) was picking quarrels with the young girls, somewhere He was scratching them with the nails of parrots, somewhere He was busy going to visit the gopis & somewhere He was negotiating through cowherd friends to take shelter of the gopis
- The aesthetic sense of the Lord is manifested in the artistic, colorful creation of varieties of birds like the peacock, parrot and cuckoo
- The female parrot said, "When Lord Sri Krsna is with Radharani, He is the enchanter of Cupid; otherwise, when He is alone, He Himself is enchanted by erotic feelings even though He enchants the whole universe"
- The male parrot sang, "The glorification of Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is beneficial to everyone in the universe. His beauty is victorious over the gopis of Vrndavana, and it subdues their patience"
- The practice of devotional service means so that we may be so accustomed to chanting Hare Krsna mantra that at the time of death we may remember it. Not like parrot
- Then the female parrot began to speak jokingly to the male parrot, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was struck with wonderful ecstatic love to hear her speak
- There is no need of manufacturing. We are very safe because we don't manufacture. We simply repeat, parrotlike, what Krsna has said
- Thereafter the male parrot said, "Krsna is the enchanter of the mind of Cupid." He then began to recite another verse
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to train and engage rams and cocks in fighting for sport. They then learned how to teach parrots to speak and to answer the questions of human beings
- We have to simply repeat like parrot. Not exactly parrot. Parrot does not understand the meaning; he simply vibrates. But you should understand the meaning also; otherwise how you can explain?
- When a male and female parrot appeared on the branches of a tree, the Lord saw them and wanted to hear them speak
- When Narada Muni was passing through Vrndavana, he came to the Bhandiravana Forest and saw in one of the trees the famous parrot couple that always accompanies Lord Krsna
- When the king of bees hums in a high pitch, singing the glories of the Lord, there is a temporary lull in the noise of the pigeon, the cuckoo, the crane, the cakravaka, the swan, the parrot, the partridge and the peacock