Category:Parental Love for Krsna
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► Parental Love for God (1 P)
Pages in category "Parental Love for Krsna"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- A lusty woman in Kailasa once told Krsna, "My dear Krsna, may You have a long life!" Then, after saying this, she embraced Krsna. This is an example of incompatibility resulting from a mixture of parental love and conjugal love
- According to the candidate possessing these transcendental qualities (sneha, mana and so on), there are five transcendental mellows - neutrality, servitorship, friendship, parental love and conjugal love
- After the mellow of servitorship, there are the mellows of friendship and parental love, which increase to subordinate spontaneous love. The greatness of the love found in friends like Subala extends to the standard of ecstatic love of Godhead
- Although Krsna, who is full of all opulences, did not disturb His mother's parental affection, His opulence was automatically displayed, for Krsna's opulence is never lost at any stage, but is manifest at the proper time
- Another group consists of devotees who are dealing with Krsna on friendly terms; and the third group consists of those who are dealing with Krsna as His superior, with parental affection
- Devotees in Vrndavana who are friends of the Lord can increase their ecstatic love to the point of anuraga. Parental affectionate lovers, Krsna's father and mother, can increase their love of Godhead up to the end of anuraga
- Devotees who worship Krsna in opulence cannot understand the parental devotional feelings of the residents of Mathura and Vrndavana, who follow the path of spontaneous love
- Factually, no one can become the father or mother of Krsna; but a devotee's possession of such transcendental feelings is called love of Krsna in parental relationship
- For example, the fraternal feelings of Balarama are mixed with servitude and parental affection. Similarly, King Yudhisthira's attraction for Krsna is also mixed with parental affection and servitude
- He (Krsna) was undoubtedly very kind to Kunti's brother Vasudeva and the family. Had He not become the son of Vasudeva and Devaki, Queen Kunti could not claim Him to be her nephew and thus address Krsna in parental affection
- His sweet words, His simplicity, His shyness, His humility, His constant readiness to offer respect to the elderly, and His charity. All of these qualities are considered ecstatic provocations for parental love
- In this statement there are two kinds of mellows: chivalry and dread. Both of them, however, improve the position of parental love, and therefore there is no incompatibility
- In Vrndavana, examples of devotees in fraternity are Sridama and Sudama; in Dvaraka the Lord's friends are Bhima and Arjuna, and in Vrndavana the devotees in parental love are mother Yasoda and father Nanda Maharaja
- Kamsa said, "So I will have no more anxieties about Him, even if He is engaged in a terrible fight." This is an instance of uparasa in a perverted reflection of parental love
- Krsna attracts even the mind of the goddess of fortune. He attracts, in special cases, the minds of young girls. He attracts the minds of the elderly ladies by paternal affection. He attracts the mind of the male in the humors of servitude & friendship
- Krsna's well-wisher friends are a little bit older than Krsna, and they have some parental affection for Him. Because of their being older than Krsna they always try to protect Him from any harm
- Learned scholars have described the impetus of parental love for Krsna, existing in the elderly personalities who are in relation with Him, as follows
- List of personalities who enjoy parental affection toward Krsna 1) Mother Yasoda, the Queen of Braja, 2) Maharaj Nanda, the King of Braja, 3) Mother Rohini, the mother of Balarama, 4) all the elderly gopis whose sons were taken away by Lord Brahma
- List of personalities who enjoy parental affection toward Krsna 5) Devaki, the wife of Vasudeva, 6) the other fifteen wives of Vasudeva, 7) Kunti, the mother of Arjuna, 8) Vasudeva, the real father of Krsna, and 9) Sandipani Muni, Krsna's teacher
- One resident of Mathura requested her father, She complained that Krsna had completely stolen her mind. In this incident there is a mixture of conjugal love and parental love, but there is no incompatibility
- One who understands the pure parental love of Nanda and Yasoda for Krsna will be saved from being dragged into material parental affection
- Similarly, in the transcendental mellow of friendship, Krsna is the object, and friends like Sridama, Sudama and Subala are the shelter. In the transcendental mellow of parental affection, Krsna is the object, and Yasoda and Nanda are the shelter
- Similarly, the transcendental mellow of Ugrasena, Krsna's grandfather, is mixed with servitude and parental affection. The affection of all the elderly gopis in Vrndavana is a mixture of parental love, servitude and fraternity
- Some specific provocations for parental love of Krsna are listed as His blackish bodily hue, which is very attractive and pleasing to see, His all-auspicious bodily features, His mildness
- Srila Rupa Gosvami states herein that according to some learned scholars, the three kinds of transcendental mellow so far described - namely, servitude, fraternity and parental affection - are sometimes mixed up
- Sukadeva Gosvami say, "My dear King, when magnanimous Nanda Maharaj returned from a tour, he began to smell the head of his son, and he was merged in the ecstasy of parental love"
- The Lord is always engaged in transcendental loving activities with His spiritual associates in the various relationships of santa (neutrality), dasya (servitorship), sakhya (friendship), vatsalya (parental affection) and madhurya (conjugal love)
- The Mayavadis, or monists, think that they themselves are Krsna, and if one thinks that he himself has become Nanda Maharaja, then his parental love will become contaminated with the Mayavada philosophy
- The mothers immediately took Krsna upon their laps, and because of their parental affection, there was milk flowing out of their breasts
- The parental love of Mother Yasoda for Krsna steadily increases, and her love and ecstasy are sometimes described as intense affection and sometimes as overwhelming attachment
- The Vrsnis (Krsna's relatives at Dvaraka) felt like that. So spontaneous love of Krsna in the parental relationship is found both amongst those denizens of Dvaraka who belonged to the dynasty of Vrsni, as well as amongst the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- There is a similar statement in the Lalita-madhava, "How wonderful it is that Yasoda, the wife of King Nanda, out of her parental fection for Krsna, mixed her tears and the milk from her breasts and thus bathed her dear son Krsna"
- There is the following example of a mixture of parental love and laughter. A friend of Mother Yasoda told her, "My dear Yasoda, your son has very cunningly stolen a lump of butter from my home"
- These are some of the signs of parental love for Krsna by His mother, father and elderly persons. Symptoms of ecstatic love in parental affection are expressed when Krsna is accepted as the son
- These constant transcendental emotions for Krsna are called steady ecstasy in parental love
- This kind of parental love is generated in a devotee out of his conviction, in love, that he himself is superior to Krsna and that without being taken care of by such devotee Krsna could not possibly live
- This particular type of ecstatic love shared between Krsna and His confidential friends further develops into parental love, & on from there it may develop conjugal love, the most exalted humor or mellow of ecstatic love between Krsna and His devotees
- When all the wives of Vasudeva were present in the arena of Kamsa, they saw the most pleasing bodily features of Krsna, and immediately, out of parental affection, milk began to flow from their breasts, and the lower parts of their saris became wet
- When Krsna had only three or four teeth coming out of His gums, His thighs were fatty, His body was very, very short, and He began to enhance the parental love of Nanda Maharaj and Mother Yasoda with the activities of His childish body
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead was speaking as an innocent boy in very sweet words, Vasudeva and Devaki became captivated by parental affection and embraced Him with great pleasure
- When transcendental humors in relationship with Krsna become mixed (e.g., when the relationships with Krsna in friendship, servitorship and parental love become mixed together), the result is called mixed humor or flavor