palms | palm | palmful | palmfuls | palmist | palmistry
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Palms"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- Advaita Prabhu continued, "At My home I have just cooked one palmful of rice. The vegetables are always very simple. There is no luxurious cooking - simply a little liquid vegetable and spinach"
- After composing this verse, Rupa Gosvami wrote it on a palm leaf and put it on the roof of the thatched house in which he was living
- After the seven palm trees had departed for Vaikuntha, everyone was astonished to see that they were gone. The people then began to say, "This sannyasi called Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu must be an incarnation of Lord Ramacandra"
- After writing this verse on a palm leaf, Rupa Gosvami put it somewhere in his thatched roof and went to bathe in the sea
- As soon as Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu read the two verses, He immediately tore up the palm leaf. However, all the devotees read these verses on the outside wall, and they all kept them within their hearts. The verses read as follows
- Balarama threw the demon (Dhenukasura) into the biggest palm tree about, and the demon's body was so heavy that the palm tree fell upon other trees, and several fell down. It appeared as if a great hurricane was passing through the forest
- But Krsna and Balarama caught each of the asses by the hind legs and, exactly in the same way, wheeled them around. Thus They killed all of them and threw them into the palm trees
- Haridasa Thakura said, "I am the most sinful and lowest among men. Later I shall eat one palmful of prasadam while waiting outside"
- He should also duly contemplate the Lord's discus, the Sudarsana cakra, which contains one thousand spokes and a dazzling luster, as well as the conch, which looks like a swan in His lotuslike palm
- Kalidasa drank one palmful and then a second and a third. Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu forbade him to drink more
- Krsna's and Balarama's chariots were marked with pictures of Garuda and palm trees, respectively. The women of Mathura all stood on the tops of the houses, palaces and gates to see the wonderful fight
- Maha-Visnu possessed dazzling beauty, and His palms were like lotus flowers. He was further beautified by the different emblems of the visnu-murti - the conchshell, club, disc and lotus flower - which He held in His four hands
- Maharaja Bharata, the son of Dusmanta, had the mark of Lord Krsna's disc on the palm of his right hand, and he had the mark of a lotus whorl on the soles of his feet
- Mango trees, coconut palms and plantain trees are still accepted as auspicious signs
- Mukunda Datta took the palm leaf from the hands of Jagadananda before he could deliver it to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- My mind is already restless, and by playing with a ball, moving it all about with your lotuslike palm, you are also agitating my eyes. Your curling black hair is now scattered, but you are not attentive to arranging it
- O infallible one (Lord Kamadeva), Your lotus palm is the source of all benediction. Therefore Your pure devotees worship it, and You very mercifully place Your hand on their heads
- Once a palmist came to the house of Nanda Maharaj, and Nanda Maharaj asked him, "My dear sage, will you kindly check the hand of my child, Krsna? Tell me how many years He will live and whether He will become the master of thousands of cows"
- One day as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was washing His feet in that place, Kalidasa came and extended his palm to take the water
- One day while King Satyavrata was performing austerities by offering water on the bank of the River Krtamala, a small fish appeared in the water in his palms
- Only Lord Ramacandra has the power to send seven palm trees to the spiritual Vaikuntha planets
- Please just touch your (the gopis') foreheads with folded palms and bow down before the demigod Varuna in order to be excused from this offensive act (going naked in the river Yamuna)
- Prthu Maharaja continued: How can such persons, who have rendered unlimited service by explaining the path of self-realization in relation to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, be repaid except by folded palms containing water for their satisfaction?
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya then composed two verses on the leaf of a palm tree. Giving the palm leaf to Jagadananda Prabhu, the Bhattacarya requested him to deliver it to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Satyavrata, the King of Dravidadesa, threw the fish into the water of the river along with the water in his palm, O King Pariksit, descendant of Bharata
- Sometimes Krsna would take a palm fan and fan the body of Balarama, causing a pleasing breeze to relieve Him of His fatigue. Other boys would sometimes dance or sing while Balarama took rest, and sometimes they would wrestle amongst themselves or jump
- Sri Krsna, who is very affectionate toward His devotees, sells Himself to a devotee who offers Him merely a tulasi leaf and a palmful of water
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "Will You (Krsna and Balarama) kindly note that just near this place there is a big forest of the name Talavana? This forest is full of palm trees, and all the trees are filled with fruits"
- Srivasa Thakura then began to dance in ecstatic love. He vibrated sounds by slapping his armpits with the palms of his hands, and he laughed very loudly
- Svarupa Damodara said to all the shopkeepers, "Deliver to me four palmfuls of prasadam from each and every item"
- The fate lines on the palm are considered to be auspicious bodily symptoms
- The inhabitants of Krauncadvipa are divided into four castes, called the Purusas, Rsabhas, Dravinas and Devakas. Using the waters of those sanctified rivers, they worship the SPG by offering a palmful of water at the lotus feet of Varuna
- The King was very liberal, and after taking permission from the priests, he took the preparation in his joined palms, and after smelling it he offered a portion to his wife
- The legs of their bodies were as beautiful as golden palm trees, their arms were decorated with golden bracelets and armlets, and on their heads there were very valuable helmets bedecked with gold
- The Lord inquired, "What kind of book are you writing?" He held up a palm leaf that was a page of the manuscript, and when He saw the fine handwriting, His mind was very pleased
- The palmist said, "This man Sanatana possesses eight gold coins." Hearing this, the landlord was very pleased and spoke the following to Sanatana Gosvami
- The sastras state that the following bodily features indicate a great personality: a reddish luster in seven places - the eyes, the palms, the soles, the palate, the lips, the tongue, and the nails
- The wife (of the brahmana) immediately collected four palmfuls of chipped rice from her neighborhood friends and tied it in a small cloth, like a handkerchief, and gave it to her husband to present to Krsna
- There are markings on the Chest and Feet of the Personality of Godhead. That is the distinction between Him and ordinary living entities. Just like in our palms there are certain marks for a particular person indicating his fame and fortune
- There were cantaloupes, ksirikas, palm fruits, kesuras, water fruits, lotus fruits, bel, pilus, pomegranates and many others
- There were curd, fruit juice, coconut, mango, dried coconut, jackfruit, various kinds of bananas and palm-fruit seeds
- There were madhukas, palm trees, tamalas, asanas, arjunas, aristas, udumbaras, plaksas, banyan trees, kimsukas and sandalwood trees
- They are accustomed to playing on their flutes made of palm leaves, and they all have buffalo-horn bugles ornamented like Krsna's with jewels such as indranila and with gold and coral. They are always jubilant like Krsna
- This baby has all the symptoms of Lord Narayana on His palms and soles. He will be able to deliver all the three worlds
- Upon hearing this (request of Nanda Maharaja), the palmist began to smile, and Nanda Maharaj asked him, "My dear sir, why are you laughing, and why are you covering your face?"
- Upon seeing the seven palm trees, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced them. As a result, they all returned to Vaikunthaloka, the spiritual world
- When he runs hither and thither, fleeing from the extreme pain, on all sides he runs into palm trees with leaves like sharpened swords
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the residence of Srila Rupa Gosvami, He accidentally saw the palm leaf on the roof, and thus He read the verse composed by him
- When there are ample earthly flats to lie on, what is the necessity of cots and beds? When one can use his own arms, what is the necessity of a pillow? When one can use the palms of his hands, what is the necessity of varieties of utensils?