This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Older Devotees of God (2 P)
Pages in category "Older"
The following 48 pages are in this category, out of 48 total.
- A young man accepts a young wife who is very beautiful in the beginning, but in due course of time, after giving birth to many children and becoming older and older, she demands many things from the husband to maintain the entire family
- Although these four great sages were older than Brahma's other sons like Marici, they appeared like small naked children only five or six years old
- Arjuna and Krsna was of the same age, but Arjuna looks older; Krsna looks younger. And Krsna at that time had great-grandchildren. His grandchildren & His grandchildren's children were present at that time. The whole family extended to about ten millions
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw Vasudeva Datta, the older brother of Mukunda Datta, He immediately became very happy and, placing His hand on his body, began to speak
- At the seventh door they found two doormen of the same age. The significance of the doormen's being of the same age is that in the Vaikuntha planets there is no old age, so one cannot distinguish who is older than whom
- He (Prahlada) considered his teachers, spiritual masters and older Godbrothers to be as good as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He (Sukadeva Gosvami) was only sixteen years of age. A person is honored for his achievements and not for advanced age. A person can be older by experience and not by age
- I am always eager to hear that Gurukula is going well so be very vigilant that this program with the older boys in New Vrindaban as well as all levels of teaching at Dallas are just to the standard as I introduced it
- I am getting older day by day, so if I can see in my lifetime that all of you have opened at least 108 branches of ISKCON institution that will be a great pleasure for me
- I remember when I was playing on the lap of my eldest sister, I remember still, and my body at that time six months old. But I still remember my eldest sister, she was nine years older than me, and I was playing on her lap and she was knitting
- If required, Krsna Himself was sufficient to defend Himself from the attack of others who counted the Lord as their enemy, but still He accepted all the arrangements made by Yudhisthira because He could not disobey the King, who was His elder cousin
- In the Calcutta Botanical Garden there is a banyan tree said to be older than five hundred years, and there are many such trees all over the world
- Indeed, the young brahmana always rendered service to the older one, and the old man, being very satisfied with his service, was pleased with him
- Narada Muni encouraged Prajapati Daksa's second group of sons (the Savalasvas) by awakening their natural affinity for their brothers (the Haryasvas). He urged them to follow their older brothers if they were at all affectionate toward them
- Nityananda Prabhu was older than Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and therefore Lord Caitanya remarked that Murari Gupta had violated social etiquette, for he should have first shown respect to Nityananda Prabhu and then to Him
- Older cows are taken care of by the men, and the calves are taken care of by the boys; and as far as possible, the calves are kept separate from the cows, so that the calves do not drink all the available milk
- One devotee said, "To whom shall I leave all of my wealth and fortune? I am becoming older and older. What shall I do"
- Service on the bodily plane dwindles as the body grows older, but the spirit is never old, and therefore on the spiritual plane the service is never tiresome
- So far your request for initiations for Patrick and Jane, that is approved by me. So far the infant is concerned, let him wait until he is older
- So on the principle that God is Supreme, God is Great, I do not think there is any difference of opinion between us and the Christians. But the Vedic literatures being older and disseminated by many, many superior acaryas we can find out how God is great
- Some of Krsna's older well-wisher friends are Subhadra, Mandalibhadra, Bhadravardhana, Gobhata, Yaksa, Indrabhata, Bhadranga, Virabhadra, Mahaguna, Vijaya and Balabhadra
- Sri Yamaraja said: Alas, how amazing it is! These persons, who are older than me, have full experience that hundreds and thousands of living entities have taken birth and died
- Sun at twelve o'clock, midday, is not older than it was in the morning, but it is our calculation that "Sun is now, say, six hours older from His appearance." That is our calculation. So Krsna is always sixteen, but we calculate like that
- The girl must not be older than the boy
- The older brahmana replied, "My dear boy, do not doubt me. I will give you my daughter in charity. I have already decided this"
- The older man told the younger, "You have rendered various types of service to me. You have assisted me in traveling to all these places of pilgrimage"
- The oldest student I have got at the present moment, he is twenty-eight years. No, Kirtanananda is about thirty years old. That's all. So, of course, I do not get any older people. That is nice, hopeful
- The politician never retires from politics, even if he has enjoyed many covetable posts, like those of minister or president. The older he is, the more he is attached to his false prestige
- The purpose of our life is to please Krishna; that is the business of the older children, to serve the father
- The queens of Krsna are described as permanently youthful and beautiful. Although Krsna had grandchildren and great-grandchildren, neither Krsna nor His queens looked older than sixteen or twenty years of age
- The significance of the doormen's being of the same age is that in the Vaikuntha planets there is no old age, so one cannot distinguish who is older than whom
- These older, well-wishing friends of Krsna imagined a large cloud to be the Aristasura, appearing in the shape of a huge bull
- To respectable persons he acted exactly like a menial servant, to the poor he was like a father, to his equals he was attached like a sympathetic brother, and he considered his teachers, spiritual masters and older Godbrothers to be as good as the SPG
- Yayati enthroned his youngest son, Puru, as the emperor of the entire world and the proprietor of all its riches, and he placed all the other sons, who were older than Puru, under Puru's control
- You are both my older disciples and Sannyasis so I am dependent on yourselves for helping me push on this Movement in this way
- You are so fortunate to have such training in Krishna Consciousness from the very beginning of childhood. So, take full advantage of it and follow very obediently what your older Godbrothers and Godsisters ask you to do