Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
ointment | ointmented | ointments | oint | anoint | anointed
Pages in category "Ointment"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- A devotee whose eyes are anointed with the ointment of love of Godhead can see the Supreme Personality of Godhead always within his heart. Lord Syamasundara is so kind to His devotee
- As for the ointment on His (Krsna's) body, the pulp of sandalwood generally appeared to be white, and when it was mixed with saffron dye it appeared to be yellow
- Bali Maharaja saw his grandfather Prahlada Maharaja, the most fortunate personality, whose dark body resembled black ointment for the eyes
- Brahmacaris or grhasthas who have taken the vow of celibacy as described above should not indulge in the following: applying powder or ointment to the eyes, massaging the head with oil, massaging the body with the hands, seeing a woman or painting a woman
- Her attachment for Krsna is the reddish color of betel nuts on Her brilliant lips. Her double-dealings in loving affairs constitute the black ointment around Her eyes
- How we can see God? Not with these eyes. These eyes, but there must be some ointment. That is called prema. Just like a mother sees his child, although not very beautiful, very beautiful. Because he has, she has got love for the child
- One can see when the eyes are anointed with the ointment of bhakti. The eyes have cleansed to see God. That is revelation
- One should see through the pages of authentic scriptures and should not simply believe their unqualified eyes. Even in these days, God can also be seen by qualified eyes tinged with the ointment of love of God
- Only by love of Godhead can one know God, and not otherwise. The Personality of Godhead cannot be seen with the material eyes, but He can be seen from within by spiritual eyes opened by the ointment of love of Godhead
- Seeing the rope in the hands of mother Yasoda, the Lord bowed down His head and began to weep just like a child, and tears rolled down His cheeks, washing off the black ointment smeared about His beautiful eyes
- Some of them (the gopis) wanted to decorate their faces with cosmetic ointments and to dress themselves very nicely before going to Krsna
- The black ointment around Her (Radharani's) eyes is Her tricky behavior with Krsna brought about by love. Her joking with Krsna and gentle smiling constitute the camphor with which She is perfumed
- The Lord collected whatever remnants of food were left by Lord Jagannatha. He also took remnants of the Lord's kadara ointment, sandalwood and ropes with Him
- The tears from her (Rukmini's) eyes mixed with the black cosmetic ointment from her eyelids and dropped down, washing the kunkuma and saffron from her breasts
- Their (the cowherd women's) ears were decorated with pearl rings, their necks were decorated with jeweled lockets, their lips and eyes were decorated with different kinds of lipstick and ointment, and their hands were decorated with nice golden bangles
- They began to draw lines on the ground with their toes, and with their tears they washed the black ointment from their eyes onto their breasts, which were covered with red kunkuma powder. This is an instance of anxiety in ecstatic love
- Turmeric mixed with oil and vermilion makes an auspicious ointment that is smeared over the body of a newborn baby or a person who is going to marry. These are all auspicious activities in family affairs
- When she was shedding tears, the black ointment from her eyes was dripping, along with the tears, onto her breasts, which were covered with kunkum powder. Rukmini was so aggrieved that her voice was choked up
- When the ointment of love of Godhead will be applied in our eyes, then with these eyes we shall be able to see God. God is not invisible. Simply just like a man with cataract or any other eye disease, he cannot see
- When you will be devotee, lover of God, then, by that ointment, your eyes will be cleared and you will be seeing God. Now, here is God, Krsna. Here is God. Why the people in Bombay, those who are challenging, "Can you show me God?" they do not come here?