nail | nailed | nails
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Nails"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- A great devotee prayed, "I am a little surprised, however, that although Krsna is the husband of the goddess of fortune, His body is often marked with the nail pricks of ordinary society girls"
- After saying this, the lion left, but I was very much afraid of Him. Just see the marks of His nails on my heart
- After seeing the face of the Lord, the sages were fully satisfied, and when they wanted to see Him further, they looked upon the nails of His lotus feet, which resembled rubies
- Akrura continued, "All the plants, herbs are the hairs on Your body, the clouds are the hair on Your head, the mountains are Your bones and nails, the days & nights are the blinking of Your eyelids, Prajapati is Your genitals, the rains are Your semen"
- All devotees should worship Ganapati. The Deities should not be bathed in water which has been touched by the nails or fingers. When a devotee is perspiring, he should not engage himself in worshiping the Deity
- Devahuti was so beautiful that her toenails appeared just like pearls, and as she scratched the ground it appeared as if pearls had been thrown on the ground
- Developing the business of economic condition, means the business of eating. And defending - either you defend with atomic energy or with your nails and claws, the process is defending. That is in the animal life also
- Don't spoil your nail
- He constantly remembers his sinful activities and suffers terribly in that river, which is full of stool, urine, pus, blood, hair, nails, bones, marrow, flesh and fat
- He then tore the leaves into very fine fibers with his nails and filled two of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's outer garments with the fibers
- I (Prahlada Maharaja) offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Nrsimhadeva, the source of all power. O my Lord who possesses nails and teeth just like thunderbolts, kindly vanquish our demonlike desires for fruitive activity in this material world
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto You, Lord Nrsimhadeva. You are the giver of pleasure to Maharaja Prahlada, and Your nails cut the chest of Hiranyakasipu like a chisel cutting stone
- In His veins were all the rivers, on His nails were all the stones, in His intelligence were Lord Brahma, the demigods and the great saintly persons, and throughout His entire body and senses were all living entities, moving and stationary
- People are learning how to mate like dog. So in this way defending. A dog has also his defending measures. He has got teeth and nails. He can defend himself. And you might have atom bombs. But the measure is defending. That's all
- Placing its nails on my chest, the lion said in a grave voice, 'I shall immediately bifurcate your chest as you broke the mrdanga drum
- Real yogis meditate upon the transcendental form of the Lord as He stands on the whorl of the lotus of their hearts, the jewellike nails of His lotus feet glittering
- Rukmini continued, "A man within this material world is just a dead body. In fact, the living entity is covered by this body, which is nothing but a bag of skin decorated with a beard, mustache, hairs on the body, nails on the fingers, hairs on the head"
- She (Devahuti) stood and scratched the ground with her foot, which was radiant with the luster of her gemlike nails. Her head bent down, she spoke in slow yet charming accents, suppressing her tears
- Somewhere He (Krsna) was picking quarrels with the young girls, somewhere He was scratching them with the nails of parrots, somewhere He was busy going to visit the gopis & somewhere He was negotiating through cowherd friends to take shelter of the gopis
- Such philosophers (impersonalists) push forward the argument that although cow dung is dead matter, sometimes it is found that scorpions come out of cow dung. Similarly, dead matter like nails and hair comes out of the living body
- The dog, jackal, tiger, fox, cat, rabbit, sajaru, lion, monkey, elephant, tortoise, alligator, gosapa, etc., all have five nails in their claws. They are known as panca-nakhas, or animals having five nails
- The example given by the Mayavadi philosophers that inanimate matter like nails and hair comes from the living body is not a very sound argument. Nails and hair are undoubtedly inanimate, but they come not from the animate living being
- The horse, mule, ass, gaura, sarabha bison and wild cow all have only one hoof. Now you (Vidura) may hear from me (Maitreya) about the animals who have five nails
- The horse, mule, ass, gaura, sarabha bison and wild cow all have only one hoof. Now you may hear from me about the animals who have five nails
- The Lord was fighting on the back of Garuda, who was helping Him by striking the horses and elephants with his wings and scratching their heads with his nails and sharp beak
- The other parts of Maha-Visnu's legs, the joints and lower extremities, were all very beautiful, the nails of His feet were dazzling, and His toes were as beautiful as the petals of the lotus flower. His helmet was decorated with very valuable jewels
- The pink, transparent toenails on the Lord's lotus feet are exactly like valuable gems polished to a mirror finish
- The sastras state that the following bodily features indicate a great personality: a reddish luster in seven places - the eyes, the palms, the soles, the palate, the lips, the tongue, and the nails
- The smrti-sastras say, "Murderers of brahmanas are later afflicted by tuberculosis, drunkards become toothless, and those who have stolen gold are afflicted by diseased nails"
- The vanaprastha should wear matted locks of hair on his head and let his body hair, nails and moustache grow. He should not cleanse his body of dirt. He should keep a waterpot, deerskin and rod, wear the bark of a tree as a covering
- There were also tiger nails set in gold, waist decorations of silk and lace, ornaments for the hands and legs, nicely printed silken saris, and a child's garment, also made of silk
- When a woman is neglected and disappointed, out of egoistic pride she gives up her ornaments and morosely sits down on the ground, marking lines on it with her nails
- When Krsna and Rukmini were talking, Rukmini became frightened of separation from Krsna, and therefore she began scratching the earth with her red, lotus-like nails
- When Lord Brahma, who was born of a lotus flower, saw that the effulgence of his residence, Brahmaloka, had been reduced by the glaring effulgence from the toenails of Lord Vamanadeva, he approached the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- When the unalloyed devotees and the leaders of the snakes offer their obeisances to Lord Sankarsana with great devotion, they become very joyful upon seeing their own beautiful faces reflected in His toenails
- Without replying to a word of Krsna's statement, she (Rukmini) simply cried in great anxiety, as if drowning in an ocean of grief. She silently scratched the floor with her toenails, which reflected reddish light on the floor