Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:My Father (Gour Mohan De)
"my father"|"my father's"|"gour mohan"|"gaura mohon"
- Prabhupada referring to his father, Gour Mohan De
Pages in category "My Father (Gour Mohan De)"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.
- At that time I was young man, and I did not care for very much about so-called saintly persons. Because in our house, my father used to receive so many sannyasis, but some of them were not very to the standard
- By the grace of Lord Sri Krsna, we had the chance of being born in a Vaisnava family, and in our childhood we imitated the worship of Lord Krsna by imitating our father
- Dr. Kartik Chandra Bose was very important man, and he was our family physician and my father's very intimate friend
- I accepted my father's advice, and by his blessings only, I was never attached to my wife or home, which resulted in my complete liberation from worldly attachment and my devoting myself fully in Krishna Consciousness
- I was very sorry to have lost such affectionate father, but by Krishna's Grace, I have now many American fathers and mothers
- If my mother would not have been little strict, I would not have gotten any education. My father was very lenient. So she used to force me. One man would take me to school
- In my childhood I was very, very pet son of my father
- In my childhood, when I was five or six years old, I requested my father that "Father, give me this Deity. I shall worship." So father purchased for me little Krsna, Radha
- My father had a cloth business
- My father was a pure Vaisnava, a great devotee of the Lord
- My father was always educating me in Krishna Consciousness from the very beginning
- My father was of this Vaisnava line, and he trained me from childhood
- We have heard from our father that his elder brother in the village had a cloth shop, and there were rats...
- When I was six years old my father gave me a ratha and I was performing the Ratha yatra in my neighborhood. And now in the western world you are worshiping Lord Jagannatha so gorgeously and it pleases me very, very much
- According to the Vedic principles, there must always be a guest in a householder's house. In my childhood I have actually seen my father receive not less than four guests every day, and in those days my father's income was not very great
- According to the Vedic principles, there must always be a guest in a householder’s house. In my childhood I have actually seen my father receive not less than four guests every day, and in those days my father’s income was not very great
- Actually what I am doing, it was all taught in our childhood by our parents, my family. We were taught, "There is a grain of rice on the ground, and if it is touched by your feet, you should pick up the grain and touch on your head." This was our training
- Any saintly person would come, my father would simply say, "Give blessings to my son that he may become a Radharani's servant." That was my father's prayer. He never prayed that "My son may become very rich man."
- Four men liked me very, very much. One is my father, one is Dr. Bose, Kartik Chandra, one my Guru Maharaja, and..., who else? One, my maternal uncle. Rakal Chandrardha. He was very rich man
- From my life I experience, when I was very little child six or seven years old, I was very much fond of Krsna. And I got the opportunity of this two things. Although my father was not very rich, but he was pure Vaisnava
- From our practical experience we can say we got this chance. We got this chance. We got very nice parents. And I was born in a family, a very pure family
- I am very much indebted to my father, and I have dedicated my book, Krsna book, to him. He wanted this. He wanted me to be preacher of Bhagavata, Srimad-Bhagavatam, and player of mrdanga and to become servant of Radharani
- I may inform you in this connection about my family life. Actually, I never liked my wife. I was going to marry another, but my father saved me from the danger and he told me that you do not like your wife, that is the grace of Krishna
- I purchased one motorcar in 1925, Buick car. Not for personal use, but for using it as a taxi. My one nephew, he was a good driver, so my father, "Why don't you give him? He can do that, we can use it our own car, also taxi"
- I take America as my fatherland. India is motherland, and here is fatherland. So many fathers. My father was very affectionate to me. He would do everything for me. I lost one father, I have got so many fathers
- I was born 1st September 1896 in Calcutta as the third son of my father, the late Gaura Mohon Dev, and mother, the late Rajani Devi, in the family of one of very respectable Gold merchant aristocracy of Calcutta
- I was born in 1896, and I was my father's pet child, so my education began a little late, still, I was educated in higher secondary, high school for eight years. In primary school four years, higher secondary school, eight years, in college, four years
- I was not desiring to take medicine, but my parents desired. That desire should be forced
- I was pet child of my father whom I lost in 1930, and since then nobody was taking care of me as affectionate son. But Krishna has sent me so many fathers to take care of me in a far distant place in USA
- In my childhood I was very naughty boy, and I used to catch my father in so many ways demanding unreasonable things, and my father used to satisfy me
- In my childhood, Radha-Govindaji were the source of my enjoyment. I asked my father to give me Radha-Govinda deities and he gave me and I worshiped. And I also asked him to give me ratha
- In our childhood we saw some yogi, he used to come to my father. So he said that he could go anywhere within very few seconds
- In our childhood we saw some yogi; he used to come to my father. He said that he could go anywhere within very few seconds
- In our childhood, when I was a boy of eight or ten years, sometimes I used to accompany my father. My father was a great devotee. He would take prasadam from the temple
- It is also Krishna's Grace that I got good father, and a good Spiritual Master, and in my old age also, Krishna has favored me with so many good children. So when I feel I see that Krishna is so kind upon me, so I offer my obligations unto Him
- My father also trained me and instructed me to his best capacity, and he prayed for me that Radharani may be pleased upon me, and I think by my father's blessings and grace, I may have come to this position
- My father never prayed that "My son may become very rich man." He never prayed like that. Actually, his ardent desire that his son may become a Vaisnava. And my Guru Maharaja's training has put me this position
- My father used to carry salagrama-sila. Wherever he would stay, ganga-jala, tulasi, decoration. Say, half an hour business. My father was a great devotee
- My father used to do that. He'd go to a vegetable vendor. He has got a big basket, and he'll say, "What do you want for all, the whole basket" So he is ready, because he'll sit down so long, so at very cheap rate he'll give it
- My father used to say, "If you do not allow the servants to steal, so don't keep." Don't keep servants. "A servant who does not steal, he is not a gentleman. He must steal"
- My father used to say, "When Krsna takes your money or possession in ten hands, how you can protect it with two hands? And when He give you in ten hands, how much you can take in two hands?"
- My father was a pure devotee of the Lord, and when I (Srila Prabhupada) was only four or five years old, my father gave me a couple of forms of Radha and Krsna. In a playful manner, I used to worship these Deities along with my sister
- My father was doing business, and he was a great devotee
- My father was kind to me, and I imbibed from him the ideas later on solidified by my spiritual master, the eternal father
- My father was not very rich man, but still, whatever I wanted, he would give me. He never chastised me, but full love
- My father was pure Vaisnava, and he gave me and my sister the Radha Krishna Deities to worship, and in this way we were trained
- My father was Vaisnava, but when I invited these Gaudiya Matha sadhus, my father thought that I have invited some sadhus of the Ramakrishna Mission, so he was not very interested
- My father was Vaisnava. He was Vaisnava, and he wanted me to become a Vaisnava. Whenever some saintly person would come, he would ask him, "Please bless my son that he can become a servant of Radharani." That was his prayer
- My father was very much affectionate, and in my childhood, whatever I wanted from my father he would at once give me
- We are trained up, because we belong to Krsna family. So this Radha-Krsna worship is our family tradition. Our forefathers, my father, my maternal uncles, we are Vaisnava family. Belonging to the Caitanya-sampradaya
- We did not know we were nonsense, but our father knew we were nonsense; so it is like that in this material world, everyone is acting more or less like children clinging to some play things provided by the Father and taking them very seriously
- We respected our professors like our father. The relationship between the student and the professors was very good. I had one Scottish professor, Dr. W. S. Urquhart. He was my nice friend. He was professor of philosophy, psychology
- When I gave up my education and I was joining Gandhi's movement, at that time Dr. Kartik Chandra Bose asked me to join him. So with the permission of my father, I joined
- When I was a child my father gave me one red gun, and then I was not more than eight years. Then, after getting one, I said, "I must have another one"