Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
monasteries | monastery | monastic
Pages in category "Monastery"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
- In a list of temples and monasteries kept in Sankaracarya's monastery in Dvaraka, Bilvamangala is mentioned as the founder of the Dvarakadhisa temple there
- In Jagannatha Puri, or Purusottama-ksetra, there is a monastery known as Ganga-mata Matha that was established by Ananta Acarya. In the disciplic succession of the Ganga-mata Matha, he is known as Vinoda-manjari
- Somewhere He (Krsna) was seen engaged in public welfare activities, establishing deep wells for the water supply, rest houses and gardens for unknown guests, and great monasteries and temples for saintly persons
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura vehemently opposed the idea of constructing a temple in some quiet spot and leading a passive and uneventful life in the monastery
- Temples and monasteries should be strictly off limits to worthless clubs of crazy men
- The disciple in the twelfth generation (after Sri Ananta Acarya) is presently in charge of the Ganga-mata monastery
- Then He saw the monastery known as Srngeri-matha, the abode of Acarya Sankara. He then visited Matsya-tirtha, a place of pilgrimage, and took a bath in the river Tungabhadra
- This monastery (Srngeri-matha) is located at the confluence of the rivers Tunga and Bhadra, seven miles south of Harihara-pura. The real name of this place is Srnga-giri or Srngavera-puri, and it is the headquarters of Sankaracarya