Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
merit | merited | meritorious | merits
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Deserve (1 C, 40 P)
Pages in category "Merit"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- A brahmana is accepted on the merit of qualification and not on the merit of simply being the son of a brahmana
- Although the duskrtis have brain power and merit, their merit and brain power are used for abominable activities
- Although the duskrtis have brain power and merit, their merit and brain power are used for abominable activities. Sometimes, for example, materialistic scientists invent a lethal weapon
- The atheist planmaker is sometimes very intelligent and meritorious also, because any gigantic plan, good or bad, must take intelligence to execute
- The atheistic planmakers are described herein by the word duskrtinah, or "miscreants." Krti means one who has performed meritorious work
- The inquiries of the sages headed by Saunaka are praised by Suta Gosvami on the merit of their transcendental nature
- This is called duskrtinah. Duskrtinah, mean one has got merit, it is being spoiled for doing something wrong
- Thus on the strength of their pious merit, they are elevated to heavenly planets. Actually those who perform sacrifices strictly according to Vedic injunctions are elevated to the moon and planets above the moon
- To attain material heavenly planets and enjoy their facilities, the living entity sometimes performs sacrifices (yajna), but when his merit is exhausted he returns to earth again in the form of a man. This process is called karma
- To help the reader understand the real merit of Srimad-Bhagavatam