Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Mere"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- Admitted for proper qualification and not purpose of a mere show
- All the samskaras, purificatory processes, are not mere formalities or social functions only, but they are all for practical purposes and can be successfully performed by expert brahmanas like Dhaumya and Krpa
- Although out of ignorance one might claim that mere mortals are God, that does not change the reality - that man is always man and God is always God, and never otherwise
- As far as Arjuna is concerned, he says that his illusion is over. This means that Arjuna no longer thinks of Krsna as a mere human being, as a friend of his, but as the source of everything
- At Ramesvara, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had a chance to read the Kurma Purana, in which He discovered that the form of Sita kidnapped by Ravana was not that of the real Sita but a mere shadow representation
- Both the mother and the son were lamenting Dhruva Maharaja's having been insulted by his stepmother and his father's not having taken any step on this issue. But mere lamentation is useless - one should find out the means to mitigate one's lamentation
- By realized knowledge, one becomes perfect. By transcendental knowledge one can remain steady in his convictions, but by mere academic knowledge one can be easily deluded and confused by apparent contradictions
- By transcendental knowledge one can remain steady in his convictions, but by mere academic knowledge one can be easily deluded and confused by apparent contradictions
- Just after the advent of Shri Krishna, even while He was a mere child, even then Kamsa, Putana, Aghasura, Bakasura, Gardhabasu, Pralambasura and other such demons tried their best to kill Shri Krishna. But their attempts failed
- Just try to understand the mighty strength of My maya in the shape of woman, who by the mere movement of her eyebrows can keep even the greatest conquerors of the world under her grip
- So if it is the deluded who despise Lord Krsna, then is it not time for Dr. Radhakrishnan himself to admit that he is guilty of this crime? Let him realize how he has abused the "Lord of all existences," equating Him with a mere mortal
- Srila Rupa Gosvami therefore offers his obeisances unto Krsna by saying, "Krsna, who is present as a human being, has as His mere shadow the whole material nature"
- Such a manifestation of divine love is mere imitation and has no value. When one is actually spontaneously attracted to the loving principles of the gopis, there will be found no trace of any mundane contamination in his character
- The audience in the wrestling arena was not very much satisfied because the combatants did not appear to be equally matched. They considered Krsna and Balarama to be mere boys before Canura and Mustika
- The Lord says in the Bhagavad-gita, "The asuras' view of this cosmic manifestation is that the whole creation is false. The asuras think that the mere interaction of matter is the source of the creation and that there is no controller or God"
- The Lord says that only the foolish take Him to be a mere human being. Such foolish men are not aware of His inconceivable energies
- The mahatmas have shown the perfect path of charity: devotional service to the Lord. If anyone ignores this path and instead builds hospitals, his effort to help humanity is a mere pretense
- The sacrifice performed in knowledge is better than the mere sacrifice of material possessions
- There are many kinds of cheaters all over the universe. Of all cheating processes, gambling stands supreme and therefore represents Krsna. As the Supreme, Krsna can be more deceitful than any mere man
- This mere boy has blocked my intelligence. I can therefore understand that mother Sarasvati has become angry with me
- When He (Nimai) was a mere baby crawling in the yard, one day a snake appeared before Him, and the Lord began to play with it. All the members of the house were struck with fear and awe, but after a little while the snake went away
- When no more trees were available, Dvivida took help from the hills and threw large pieces of stone, like rainfall, upon the body of Balarama. Lord Balarama, in a great sporting mood, began to smash those big pieces of stone into mere pebbles
- Without Krsna consciousness, mere renunciation of fruitive activities does not actually purify the heart of a conditioned soul
- Yamunacarya, a great acarya, said that ever since he had seen the charming pastimes of the Lord, the charms of sex life had become abominable for him, and the mere thought of sex enjoyment would cause him to spit and turn his face
- You should know that the value of accepting a bona fide spiritual master is more than we can calculate. It is not a mere formality