Category:Meditating on Krsna
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Meditating on Radharani and Krsna (6 P)
- ► Remembering Krsna at the Time of Death (53 P)
Pages in category "Meditating on Krsna"
The following 115 pages are in this category, out of 115 total.
- A truly Krsna conscious person, always absorbed in transcendence, in constant undisturbed meditation on his worshipable Lord, is as steady as a lamp in a windless place
- A yogi who is practicing meditation on the Supersoul sees within himself the plenary portion of Krsna as Visnu - with four hands, holding conchshell, wheel, club and lotus flower
- Actually, a yogi concentrates his mind on the form of Lord Visnu. That is real yoga. Krsna is the original form of all visnu-tattvas. The gopis could not go to Krsna personally, so they began to meditate on Him as perfect yogis
- Akrura, the son of Svaphalka, meditated on Sri Krsna on his journey from Mathura. He reached Vrndavana by the end of the day. Akrura passed the whole journey without knowing how long it took. When he reached Vrndavana, the sun was setting
- As far as His flute is concerned, it is said that the vibration of this wonderful instrument was able to break the meditation of the greatest sages, and Krsna was thus challenging Cupid by advertising His transcendental glories all over the world
- As soon as I (Narada) began to meditate upon the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead with my mind transformed in transcendental love, tears rolled down my eyes, & without delay the Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna appeared on the lotus of my heart
- As soon as the queens saw from a distance their husband (Krsna), who was away from home for long periods due to the Battle of Kuruksetra, they all arose from the slumber of meditation and prepared to receive their most beloved
- At the present moment our mind is so disturbed, we are disturbed in so many ways. Meditation is not possible in this age. Maybe there may be one or two persons who can meditate. The real meditation means to think of Krsna
- Being unable to go to Krsna, they (the locked up gopis) began to meditate upon His transcendental form by closing their eyes. They already had the form of Krsna within their minds
- Brahma said, "One who is always absorbed in meditation on Your original form of Krsna easily crosses over the ocean of material nescience"
- Brahma said, "The processes of understanding You (Krsna) by speculation or mystic meditation are all useless without devotional service"
- But those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form-to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have. BG 9.22 - 1972
- By pure meditation, looking at Lord Sri Krsna, he(Bhismadeva) at once was freed from all material inauspiciousness and was relieved of all bodily pains caused by the arrow wounds
- Dear Lord, whose navel is just like a lotus flower, Your lotus feet are the only shelter for those who have fallen into the deep well of material existence. Your feet are worshiped & meditated upon by great mystic yogis and highly learned philosophers
- Demons like Kamsa, Sisupala and Dantavakra attain the Brahman effulgence because they constantly meditate upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead out of enmity
- For less intelligent persons, bowing down before the authority of the Lord (Krsna), as generally done in the temples, mosques or churches, is as beneficial as it is for the advanced devotees to meditate upon Him by active service
- For those who are very materialistic and cannot understand the situation of the spiritual world, the abode of Krsna, great sages have recommended the yogic process whereby one gradually rises from meditation on the abdomen
- He (Bhismadeva) desired that the Lord stay before him in His four-handed Narayana feature so that he might concentrate upon Him and thus be in trance in that meditation. Then his mind might be sanctified with thinking of the Lord
- He who meditates on Me as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, his mind constantly engaged in remembering Me, undeviated from the path, he, O Arjuna, is sure to reach Me
- He who meditates on the Supreme Personality of Godhead, his mind constantly engaged in remembering Me (Krsna), undeviated from the path, he, O Partha (Arjuna), is sure to reach Me
- He who meditates on the Supreme Personality of Godhead, his mind constantly engaged in remembering Me, undeviated from the path, he, O Partha (Arjuna), is sure to reach Me. BG 8.8 - 1972
- How should I meditate on You? In what various forms are You to be contemplated, O Blessed Lord? BG 10.17 - 1972
- I (Srila Rupa Gosvami) know that even big demigods like Brahma do not see the rays of the nails of Your lotus feet, even though they are engaged in deep meditation for years together
- I meditate upon Lord Sri Krsna because He is the Absolute Truth and the primeval cause of all causes of the creation, sustenance and destruction of the manifested universes
- I meditate upon Lord Sri Krsna because He is the Absolute Truth and the primeval cause of all causes of the creation, sustenance and destruction of the manifested universes.He is directly and indirectly conscious of all manifestations
- I offer my obeisances and meditate upon Lord Krsna (Vasudeva), the Personality of Godhead, whose invincible potency influences them (the less intelligent class of men) to call me the supreme controller
- I therefore meditate upon Him, Lord Sri Krsna, who is eternally existent in the transcendental abode, which is forever free from the illusory representations of the material world. I meditate upon Him, for He is the Absolute Truth
- I therefore meditate upon lord Sri Krsna, who is eternally existent in the transcendental abode, which is forever free from the illusory representations of the material world. I meditate upon Him, for He is the Absolute Truth
- If anyone practices meditating on Krsna twenty-four hours a day by chanting the Hare Krsna mantra round his beads, he is surely the greatest meditator and the greatest yogi
- If we rigidly follow the principles of meditation on Krsna, there is no doubt that in our next life we will be transferred to Krsnaloka, Goloka Vrndavana
- If you are serious devotee, if you are in love with Krsna, if you are engaged in His worshiping, in chanting. If you simply follow these four principles, simply thinking of Krsna, simply, always. Simply meditate. This is meditation
- In Padyavali a devotee says, "Who (Krsna) is dressed in yellow garments and who has beautiful lotus-like eyes. We wish only to meditate upon Him"
- In Satya-yuga the people were generally advanced in spiritual knowledge and could meditate upon Krsna very easily
- In the beginning of SB there is an explanation of the Brahma-gayatri mantra. 'The Absolute Truth (satyam param)' indicates the relationship, and 'we meditate (dhimahi) on Him' indicates the execution of devotional service and the ultimate goal of life
- In the Visnu-dharma there is a statement about meditation on the transcendental quality of the Lord
- Instead of joining in their sportive acrobatic feats, he remained as an inactive child because he was always in trance, meditating on Krsna
- Instead of swimming or flying (aquatic birds), they became stunned. They closed their eyes and entered a trance of meditation in worship of Krsna
- It is here recommended to Dhruva Maharaja that he meditate on the supreme guru, or supreme spiritual master. The supreme spiritual master is Krsna, who is therefore known as caitya-guru. This refers to the Supersoul
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances again and again to those who always eagerly meditate upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead as a husband, son, friend, brother, father or intimate friend
- Lord Brahma, sitting on his lotus seat in his own abode, always meditates on Him and worships Him with the mantra consisting of eighteen syllables
- Lord Caitanya's teachings are identical to those given by Lord Kapila, the original propounder of sankhya-yoga, the sankhya system of philosophy. This authorized system of yoga teaches meditation on the transcendental form of the Lord
- Lord Siva is in charge of the material quality of ignorance, and to keep himself in a transcendental position he always meditates on Lord Visnu, or Krsna, and always tries to purify himself with the water of the Ganges
- Maharaja Ambarisa always engaged his mind in meditating upon the lotus feet of Krsna, his words in describing the glories of the Lord, his hands in cleansing the Lord's temple, and his ears in hearing the words spoken by Krsna or about Krsna
- Maharaja Pariksit decided to meditate upon the lotus feet of Lord Sri Krsna, who is Mukunda, or the giver of liberations of all description
- Meditation means as you see the form of Krsna, and whenever you go, the impression of the form will be within your eyes, and if you think of Krsna, your life is succesful. Therefore the Deity of Krsna should be seen
- Meditation means to concentrate the mind only on Krsna or Visnu. This is meditation. I do not know nowadays so many meditators are there, they have no objective. Something they try to think of impersonal, nonmanifested
- Mother Yasoda chased Him to all corners, trying to capture the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is never approached even by the meditations of great yogis
- Mucukunda continued, "Nor do I wish to meditate upon Your localized aspect of Paramatma, for I know that simply by taking shelter of You, I shall become completely peaceful and undisturbed"
- My dear King, when the gopis were missing Krsna, they were so much absorbed in meditation upon Him that all of their senses stopped functioning, and they lost all bodily sense. It was as though they had become liberated from all material conditions
- Narada said, "My Lord Krsna, You are unlimited - there is no limit to Your opulences. Great demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva are always busy placing You within their hearts and meditating upon You"
- Now I can meditate with full concentration upon that one Lord, Sri Krsna, now present before me because now I have transcended the misconceptions of duality in regard to His presence in everyone's heart, even in the hearts of the mental speculators
- O most auspicious one! For our benefit, You enable our worship of You by manifesting Your transcendental form, which You show to us in our meditation
- One may be the spiritual master of many impersonalists, or he may go to the forest or to a mountain cave and meditate as a hermit for many, many years, but he cannot understand Your glories without being favored by a slight degree of devotional service
- One may then justifiably ask, "How can I serve?" It is not simply a matter of meditation, which is just an activity of the mind, but of performing practical work for Krsna. In such work, we should leave no resource unused
- One should (23) attend arati and festivals, (24) see the Deity, (25) present what is very dear to oneself to the Deity, (26) meditate on the Deity, and (27-30) serve those related to the Lord
- One should hold one's body, neck and head erect in a straight line and stare steadily at the tip of the nose. Thus, with an unagitated, subdued mind, devoid of fear, completely free from sex life, one should meditate upon Me (Lord Krsna)
- One should meditate upon the Supreme Person as the one who knows everything, as He who is the oldest, who is the controller, who is smaller than the smallest, who is the maintainer of everything, who is beyond all material conception. BG 8.9 - 1972
- One should meditate upon the Supreme Person as the one who knows everything, as He who's the oldest, who is the controller, who is smaller than the smallest, who is the maintainer of everything, who is beyond all material conception & who is inconceivable
- One should meditate upon the Supreme Person as the one who knows everything, Who is the oldest, Who is the controller, Who is smaller than the smallest, Maintainer of everything, and Who is beyond all material conception
- One should meditate upon the Supreme Person as the one who who is inconceivable, and who is always a person. He is luminous like the sun and, being transcendental, is beyond this material nature. BG 8.9 - 1972
- One who meditates on Krishna is the topmost yogi of all. We have explained this fact in our book "Topmost Yoga." I request you to read this book and meditate on Krishna, then you and your followers will be first class yogis performing the best meditation
- Paurnamasi tells Nandimukhi, "Just see how wonderful it is! Great sages meditate upon Krsna after being relieved from all material transactions, and with great difficulty they try to situate Krsna in their hearts"
- Persons who are constantly engaged in the transcendental meditation of seeing Krsna, internally & externally, by thinking of Him playing the flute, entering Vrndavana forest & tending the cows with the boys have really attained the perfection of samadhi
- Sages said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), the Vedic knowledge is the representation of Your pure heart. Austerities, study of the Vedas, and meditative trances lead to different realizations of Your Self in Your manifested and nonmanifested aspects"
- Sages said, "They (mystic yogis) meditate upon Your transcendental form to counteract their accumulated sinful reactions"
- Saintly persons who are always meditating upon Krsna are engaged in the devotional service of the Lord. The atmaramas are also engaged in the Lord's service. That is the indirect import
- She (a woman) should concentrate her devotional activities in chanting and meditating upon Krsna, as is advised herein. One should not follow the men called sahajiyas, the so-called devotees who take everything very lightly
- She (Candrakanti) always engaged herself in meditating on the transcendental form of the Lord & always chanted the glories of the Lord. She did not desire to accept anyone else as her husband. She had firmly decided that only Krsna would be her husband
- Since Krsna is the cause of all causes, He is worshiped by all kinds of sages & saints through observance of the regulative principles. As far as meditation is concerned, great personalities meditate on the transcendental form of Krsna within the heart
- Some of the gopis who joined Krsna's pastimes within this material world were coming from the status of ordinary human beings. If they had been bound by fruitive action, they were fully freed from the reaction of karma by constant meditation on Krsna
- Sri Krsna is always meditated upon by the paramahamsas, those who are most perfect in the renounced order of life
- Sri Krsna is always meditated upon by the paramahamsas, who are the perfected ones among those in the renounced order of life
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Pariksit: "The gopis would meditate on Krsna's dressing Himself just like a dancing actor and entering the forest of Vrndavana, marking the ground with His footprints"
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Pariksit: "They (Gopis) also meditated on Krsna's blowing His flute and on all the cowherd boys' singing of the glories of the Lord." That is the description of the meditation which the gopis used to perform
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Priksit: "They (Gopis) meditated on Krsna's having a helmet with a peacock feather and wearing earrings on His ears and yellow-gold colored garments covered with jewels and pearls"
- That is the nature of the mind - thinking, feeling and willing. As long as the mind is not engaged in meditation on the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, the mind will desire so many material enjoyments
- The banks of the Ganges or the Yamuna give one a chance to remember the Lord continuously. Maharaja Pariksit freed himself from all sorts of material association and meditated upon the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, and that is the way of liberation
- The devotees meditate upon the Lord's (Krsna's) factual form and pastimes, and therefore the Lord is easily approachable by the devotees. This is also stated in the Bhagavad-gita (BG 12.9)
- The ecstatic trance they achieved simply by mentally embracing Krsna is impossible to achieve even for great yogis constantly engaged in meditation on the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The form of Syamasundara is the supreme form, the city of Mathura is the supreme abode, Lord Krsna's fresh youth should always be meditated upon, and the mellow of conjugal love is the supreme mellow
- The gopis are not like the mystic yogis. They will never be satisfied simply by meditating on Your lotus feet and imitating the so-called yogis. Teaching the gopis about meditation is another kind of duplicity
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana were always engaged in thinking of Krsna, in constant meditation on the Personality of Godhead in a particular form of samadhi, or trance of bhakti-yoga. They had no fear of the miseries of material existence
- The Lord's devotees cannot live for a moment without meditating on the Lord, and what to speak of the queens, who were all goddesses of fortune incarnated as queens in the pastimes of the Lord at Dvaraka
- The lotus feet of Krsna, which are worshiped not only by the goddess of fortune but by such exalted demigods as Brahma and Lord Siva, and which great yogis meditate upon within their hearts, are placed on the beautiful high breasts of the gopis
- The meditation you can do, just like we are also doing meditation, chanting Hare Krsna maha-mantra. But meditation as it is, to absorb the mind fully in God's vision, that is very difficult nowadays, at the present moment
- The mystic yogis are therefore advised to meditate on the form of Lord Visnu as recommended by Kapila Muni in the sankhya-yoga system
- The object of meditation is Brahman, Paramatma or the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The queens of Lord Krsna were all in meditation, thinking of the Lord's absence, and were always meditating upon Him
- The queens said, "We think, therefore, that you are very dear to our Lord, the chief of the dynasty of the Yadus, and because you are so dear to Him, you are absorbed in meditation, exactly as we are"
- The six kinds of atmaramas render devotional service to Krsna without ulterior motives. The words 'munayah' and 'santah' indicate those who are very much attached to meditating upon Krsna
- The Supersoul - the localized aspect of Visnu, which is the object of meditation for the mystics - is a plenary portion of Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead
- The yogi is advised to meditate upon the transcendental form of the Lord, beginning from the soles of the feet and then gradually rising to the knees, to the thighs, and finally arriving at the face
- The yogis are also directed to concentrate their meditation upon Krsna within the heart, and by such a continued process of Krsna consciousness they can also become free from the clutches of the material energy
- The yogis who try to elevate themselves by controlling the senses and who meditate upon Me by practicing the breathing exercise of pranayama are not so thoroughly freed from material desires
- Their (the gopis) thought is eternally absorbed in the lotus feet of Krsna. Great sages and we ourselves also try to be absorbed in meditation on the lotus feet of Krsna
- They all had performed all the principles of religion and as a result rightly decided that the lotus feet of the Lord Sri Krsna are the supreme goal of all. Therefore they meditated upon His feet without interruption
- Thinking of Visnu or meditating upon the transcendental form of Visnu, specifically upon Lord Krsna, is the last word on the subject of meditation. This meditation may be begun from the lotus feet of the Lord
- This constant meditation on Krsna by the gopis is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita to be the topmost yoga. Krsna knew very well the psychology of women
- Thus by pure consciousness due to constant devotional remembrance, they attained the spiritual sky, which is ruled over by the Supreme Narayana, Lord Krsna. This is attained only by those who meditate upon the one Supreme Lord without deviation
- Thus with an unagitated, subdued mind, devoid of fear, completely free from sex life, one should meditate upon Me within the heart and make Me the ultimate goal of life. BG 6.13-14 - 1972
- To achieve the elevated position of realizing that they are equal in quality with You, they always meditate on You within their hearts. But although such exalted saintly persons may see You constantly within their hearts, they still cannot see Your face
- To meditate on the Supreme Lord is to meditate on the activities, form, pastimes, name and fame of the Lord. That is easier than what is imagined as meditation on the impersonal feature of the Supreme
- Uddhava advised the gopis that they could be saved from the fire of separation by closing their eyes and meditating on the activities of Krsna from the very beginning of their association with Him
- Uddhava continued reading Krsna's message, "Krsna said, My dear gopis, to increase your superexcellent love for Me, I have purposely separated Myself from you so that you may be in constant meditation on Me"
- Uddhava spoke as follows, "My dear mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja, you are most respectable among human beings because no one but you can meditate in such transcendental ecstasy"
- You (Krsna) descend as an incarnation to remove the burden of the world and to benefit Your friends, especially those who are Your exclusive devotees and are rapt in meditation upon You
- You have to adopt this yogic process (transfer that attachment to Krsna), meditation. Unless you have got love for somebody, attachment for somebody, how you can think of him always? That is not possible
- You have to fix up your mind not only thinking of Krsna, but also working for Krsna, feeling for Krsna. That is complete meditation. That is called samadhi. Your mind cannot go out
- Yudhisthira continued, "We know very well that the great mystics who always engage in meditation to capture You (Krsna) do not find it easy to obtain such grace, nor can they draw any personal attention from You"
- Yudhisthira said, "Such persons who engage in Your (Krsna's) service in full Krsna consciousness, who meditate upon You only and offer prayers unto You, are purified souls"