"material wealth"|" Material acquisitions of wealth"|"material residence and wealth"|"material and spiritual wealth"|"material happiness or wealth"|"material riches"|"material name, fame or wealth"|"material activities, involving house, wealth"|"material residence and wealth"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Material Wealth"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- A woman attracts a man, and in that way the scope of material activities, involving house, wealth, children and friendship, increases, and thus instead of decreasing one's material demands, one becomes entangled in material enjoyment
- Accepting nonpermanent things, such demoniac people create their own God, create their own hymns and chant accordingly. The result is that they become more and more attracted to two things - sex enjoyment and accumulation of material wealth
- Anyone who has accepted the lotus feet of Lord Caitanya as everything - all the riches and all wealth - immediately he enters in the kingdom of devotional service. He tastes without taste
- Bali Maharaja lamented that although Indra was very learned, he did not know how to use his intelligence properly, for instead of asking Vamanadeva to allow him to engage in His service, Indra used Him to beg Bali Maharaja for material wealth
- By the blessings of a great soul one becomes materially opulent, but when one gives up attachment to material wealth, that should be considered an even greater blessing from the great souls
- Even if a karmi is successful in accumulating some material wealth, he still cannot enjoy it, for he must die in bereavement
- Everyone is seeking satisfaction, atyantiksu. Everyone is struggling for existence for the ultimate happiness. But in this material world, although they are thinking by possessing material wealth they will be satisfied, but that is not the fact
- Generally, those who are very materialistic or who possess material wealth and prosperity are unable to appreciate the value of transcendental love of God
- Godless kings or heads of state, when puffed up by advancement of material wealth, education and increase of population, always make a show of military strength and give trouble to the innocent
- I may be very rich, I may have immense wealth, but if my body and mind is not in order, I am in trouble. So simply material opulence, material wealth will not satisfy us
- If by the grace of the Lord we get such opulences as material wealth, fame, power, education and beauty, it is our duty to consider that they are all gifts of the Lord and must be used for His service, not for our sense enjoyment
- If such fortunate brahmanas and sons of rich men properly utilize the chance, they can easily realize Vasudeva by good association with saintly persons. Unfortunately, such preferred persons are captivated again by material wealth and honor
- In modern times, girls and ladies have ornaments made of plastic instead of gold, and plastic utensils are used instead of golden ones, yet people are very proud of their material wealth
- Krsna continued, "When My devotee is bereft of all material riches and is deserted by his relatives, friends and family members, because he has no one to look after him he completely takes shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord"
- Ksatriyas are generally endowed with material qualities conducive to gaining material wealth and enjoying sense gratification
- Lord Caitanya prayed, My Lord, I do not want any amount of material wealth, I do not want any number of materialistic followers, nor do I want any attractive wife to enjoy. The only thing I want is that I may engage life after life in Your service
- Lord Caitanya therefore taught us not to ask from the Supreme Personality any benediction such as material wealth, popularity or a good wife. One should simply pray to the Lord to be constantly engaged in His transcendental loving service
- Mahad-gunah means the material acquisition, material education, material wealth, or so many material qualification. That will not help me to control my mind
- Material wealth and opulence attained through previous pious activities can be fully utilized for one's benefit in this life and the next if one is Krsna conscious. One should not try to possess more than he needs for the bare necessities
- Material wealth is not sufficient qualification to become a devotee to approach the Lord. Does it mean if we become poor then we can approach the Supreme Personality of Godhead? No. That is also not a qualification
- My dear Lord Krsna, I do not want material wealth from You, nor do I want followers, a beautiful wife or the results of fruitive activities. I only pray that by Your causeless mercy You give Me pure devotional service to You, life after life
- O Lord of the universe, I (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) do not desire material wealth, materialistic followers, a beautiful wife or fruitive activities described in flowery language. All I want, life after life, is unmotivated devotional service to You
- One should not try to be happy in this world or to be promoted to the heavenly world, nor should he try for material wealth, children, houses or cattle
- One who achieves the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead certainly surpasses all material wealth, even that of the demigods in the heavenly planets
- One who is addicted to material sense gratification or material wealth is not really considered to be wealthy
- Ordinary people pray to goddess Durga for material wealth, fame, profit, strength and so on
- Ordinary ritualistic activities constitute contaminated religion, by which one benefits by developing material wealth and prosperity, but uncontaminated, pure religion consists of understanding one's relationship with God and acting accordingly
- Since Krsna is prepared to give Himself personally to His devotee, there is nothing wonderful in giving some material riches. Of course, He does not give much material wealth to His devotee if the devotee is not very much fixed
- Sometimes the conditioned soul in household life, being attached to material wealth and possessions, is disturbed by gadflies and mosquitoes, and sometimes locusts, birds of prey and rats give him trouble
- The brahmana family is rich in knowledge, and the ksatriyas and the vaisyas, they are rich in opulence, wealth, material riches. And sudras, they are not rich either in material wealth or in knowledge
- The will-o'-the-wisp (in the forest of material existence) is our attraction for gold and its color, and material residence and wealth are the ingredients for our material enjoyment
- The word mahodayodayat indicates that by the blessings of a great soul one becomes materially opulent, but when one gives up attachment to material wealth, that should be considered an even greater blessing from the great souls
- Those who are materialistic, however, who are very proud of material wealth and have no spiritual knowledge, like the prakrta-sahajiyas, regard their own happiness as the aim of life
- Those who are very materialistic or who possess material wealth and prosperity are unable to appreciate the value of transcendental love of God
- Those who desire material wealth worship Durgadevi with the following mantra: dhanam dehi rupam dehi rupavati bharyam dehi. "O worshipable mother Durgadevi, please give me wealth, strength, fame, a good wife and so on"