"material comfort"|"material comforts"
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Material Comforts"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- A bhakta feels ashamed to ask from Krsna for his material comforts
- According to Vedic system, the government has to look after about the ultimate goal of life also. The modern government, they are anxious to give material comforts
- All living beings are living at the cost of the Supreme Lord, and therefore one who is intelligent should not work very hard for material comforts. Rather, one should save his energy for advancing in Krsna consciousness
- As for the maintenance of his family, a grhastha, while earning what he requires for his living, must be very conscientious and must not undergo extraordinary endeavor simply to accumulate money and unnecessarily increase in material comforts
- I want association of Vaisnava. You are all pure Vaisnavas. You have sacrificed everything, material comforts, for Krsna's sake. That is Vaisnava. Anyabhilasita-sunyam. You have no other desire
- In each of these eight beautiful provinces (of Jambudvipa), the celestial denizens enjoy various standards of material comfort and pleasure
- Liberation means having completely given up all the material comforts of life
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu emphasized that Raghunatha dasa's life of material comfort as a very rich man's son with a very beautiful wife and many servants to attend him was like a ditch of stool
- Lord Siva says to Sati, "By performance of the ritualistic sacrifices recommended in the Vedas one can be elevated to the platform of pious activities and thereby enjoy the material comforts of life to the fullest extent"
- People are misled. They are thinking that by material comfort they will be happy
- People are misled. They are thinking that by material comfort they will be happy. And practically we are seeing, this competition of material comfort... The capitalist and the labor class, worker class, they are fighting - strike
- Persons infatuated by material consciousness are very intelligent in discovering things for material comforts, but they have no access to understanding the spirit soul and spiritual life
- Persons who are unenlightened do not know the aim of life, which is to return home, back to Godhead. Therefore, both individually and collectively, they try to enjoy so-called material comforts, and they become addicted to wine and women
- Progress means to make progress in religious concept of life. That is progress. Not, that is not progress, material comforts, that is not progress. Material comforts according to the body, that is already settled up
- Simple material comforts of life are not sufficient to make us happy. The vivid example is America
- Simply by taking advantage of material conveniences one may become addicted to enjoying material comforts
- So far our economic condition is concerned, as I explained yesterday, that one is destined to certain material comforts and discomforts, according to his body - already he has got
- The blazing fire exasperating the gopis is different from the fire of the material world. The gopis constantly wanted the association of Krsna, whereas materialistic persons constantly want the advantage of material comforts
- The brahmanas do not seek material comforts from Me. They are very pure and do not want to possess anything. They simply engage in My devotional service. What is the need of their asking for material benefits from anyone else?
- The brahmanas do not worship demigods like Lord Brahma, Indra or Lord Siva for any material comfort. They do not even ask the Supreme Lord for material profit; therefore it is concluded that the brahmanas are the supreme living entities of this world
- The human being is endowed with a higher, advanced stage of consciousness for getting relief from the existence of material miseries, but due to his ignorance he thinks that his higher consciousness is meant for advancing in the material comforts of life
- The jnanis, however, are disgusted with searching after material comforts. They understand that they have nothing to do with this material world, being spirit souls
- The personified Vedas continued, "For this purpose the pure devotees are prepared to sacrifice all comforts of life, even giving up the material comforts of family life and so-called society, friendship and love"
- The purpose of human life is to get out of the threefold miserable conditions, which are concomitant with material existence. Unfortunately, fruitive workers are mad to earn money and acquire temporary material comforts
- The richest nation of the world (America), having all facilities for material comfort, is producing a class of men completely confused and frustrated in life. I am appealing herewith to such confused men to learn the art of devotional service
- The temporary comforts of the body are not the goal of life, and it is due only to darkest ignorance that people become enamored of the glimmering advancement of material comforts
- There is no necessity to improve our material comforts. We cannot improve it. For example, just like a hog, he has got a particular type of body, he can eat stool. You cannot improve his eating process by giving him halava, that is not possible
- There is no objection for the material comforts, but we have to see whether they are actually comforts or miserable condition
- Those who have tasted the nectar of devotion by relishing the transcendental vibration of chanting Your (Lord`s) glories do not care for any other spiritual bliss or for material comforts
- Unfortunately, we are very, very slow, manda. Manda means bad, fallen, abominable. The whole population in this age, they are very, very fallen, manda. Why manda? They have advanced so much in material comforts. That is not required
- Unless one becomes little advanced, one has got little taste in devotional service, they cannot give up these material comforts. The Gosvamis are the best example
- We are trying to set a perfect example according to the Bhagavad-gita as it is, how to execute simple living and high thinking. We are not interested in any material comforts of life which are limited and temporary
- Western countries there are ample facilities for material comforts, but no one has any idea of spiritual advancement. Many are hankering after spiritual advancement, but many cheaters come, take advantage of their money, bluff them and go away
- Why millionaires are committing suicide? He has got money. But they do not know that any amount of material comforts will not make them happy. That is not possible