Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Lunar"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.
- According to lunar calculations, two fortnights - one of the waxing moon and the other of the waning - form one month. That same period is one day and night for the planet Pitrloka
- According to the Jyotir-veda, a lunar eclipse takes place when the Rahu planet comes in front of the full moon
- All people thus chanted the Hare Krsna maha-mantra during the lunar eclipse, and their minds were struck with wonder
- As an astrologer can see the future fate of a man, or an astronomer can foretell the solar and lunar eclipses, liberated souls can foretell the future of all mankind by seeing through the scriptures
- At the time of the birth of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu the planets were situated as follows: Candra (the moon) was in Purvaphalguni (the eleventh lunar mansion); Sani (Saturn) was in Vrscika-rasi (Scorpio) and Jyestha
- At the time of the birth of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu the planets were situated as follows: Sukra (Venus) was in Mesa-rasi (Aries) and the naksatra (lunar mansion) of Asvini; Ketu (the ninth planet) was in Simha-rasi (Leo) and Uttaraphalguni
- In this way all the devotees, wherever they were situated, in every city and every country, danced, performed sankirtana and gave charity by mental strength on the plea of the lunar eclipse, their minds overwhelmed with joy
- It is customary in India that all the followers of the Vedic scriptures bathe in the Ganges or the sea as soon as there is a lunar or solar eclipse
- Ominous planets such as Mars and Saturn shone brighter and surpassed the auspicious ones such as Mercury, Jupiter and Venus as well as a number of lunar mansions. Taking seemingly retrograde courses, the planets came in conflict with one another
- On the day of Sravana-dvadasi (the twelfth day of the bright fortnight in the month of Bhadra), when the moon came into the lunar mansion Sravana, at the auspicious moment of Abhijit, the Lord appeared in this universe
- On the full-moon evening of the month of Phalguna when the Lord took birth, coincidentally there was also a lunar eclipse
- Others also observe Caturmasya according to the solar month from Sravana to Karttika. The whole period, either lunar or solar, takes place during the rainy season
- Seeing the lunar eclipse and laughing, Advaita Acarya and Haridasa Thakura immediately went to the bank of the Ganges and bathed in the river in great jubilation
- Some Vaisnavas also observe it (Caturmasya) from the full-moon day of Asadha until the full-moon day of Karttika. That is also a period of four months. This period, calculated by the lunar months, is called Caturmasya
- Taking advantage of the occasion of the lunar eclipse, Advaita Acarya, by His mental strength, distributed various types of charity to the brahmanas
- The foretellings of astrological science, such as the occurrence of solar or lunar eclipses, are wonderful calculations, and by this particular science a person can understand the future very clearly
- The whole period, either lunar or solar, takes place during the rainy season. Caturmasya should be observed by all sections of the population. It does not matter whether one is a grhastha or a sannyasi. The observance is obligatory for all asramas