Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
luminary | luminaries | luminating | lumination | luminous
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Light (12 C, 244 P)
Pages in category "Luminous"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- All the luminaries in the sky circumambulate this planet (the polestar), just as bulls tread around a central pole for the purpose of crushing grains
- All the luminaries, from the sun up to Dhruvaloka, distribute their rays throughout the three worlds, but only within the boundary formed by this mountain (Lokaloka Mountain)
- Amidst His relatives and friends, He appeared to be a shining full moon amidst the luminaries in the sky. Lord Balarama is the Personality of Godhead Ananta Himself; therefore He is beyond the scope of understanding by mind, intelligence or body
- As a herd of bulls circumambulates a central pole on their right side, all the luminaries within the universal sky unceasingly circumambulate the abode of Dhruva Maharaja with great force and speed
- Astrological calculations are called jyoti-sastra. Because the jyoti, or effulgence, in the material world comes from the different stars and planets, the science is called jyoti-sastra, the science of the luminaries
- Because it (Lokaloka Mountain) is extremely high, extending even higher than Dhruvaloka, it blocks the rays of the luminaries, which therefore can never extend beyond it
- Before entering the water to rescue the earth, Lord Boar flew in the sky, slashing His tail, His hard hairs quivering. His very glance was luminous, and He scattered the clouds in the sky with His hooves and His glittering white tusks
- Brahma said, "You are the source of the original brahmajyoti as well as the material luminaries - the sun, moon and stars. Your transcendental effulgence is identical with the brahmajyoti"
- By the calculations of jyoti, our future is indicated. In other words, all the luminaries - the stars, sun and moon - witness the activities of the conditioned soul. Thus he is awarded a particular type of body
- People should learn to take advantage of the actual luminaries of the sky—the sun, moon and stars—instead of the glowworms’ light. Actually, the glowworms cannot give any light in the darkness of night
- Philosophers & scientists may be so advanced that they can count the atomic composition of the cosmic atmosphere or all the planets and stars in the sky, or even the shining molecular particles of the sun or of the stars and other luminaries in the sky
- Please also explain the regulations for offering respects to the forefathers, the creation of the Pitrloka, the time schedule in the planets, stars and luminaries, and their respective situations
- The chest of the Original Personality of the gigantic form is the luminary planetary system, His neck is the Mahar planets, His mouth is the Janas planets, and His forehead is the Tapas planetary system
- The luminaries in the heavens were screened by masses of clouds, in which lightning sometimes flashed as though laughing. Darkness reigned everywhere, and nothing could be seen
- The material world is dark, and beyond the material world is light. In other words, after passing through the entire material atmosphere, one can come to the luminous spiritual sky, whose impersonal effulgence is known as Siddhaloka
- There are five different names for the orbits of the sun, moon, stars and luminaries in the firmament, and they each have their own samvatsara
- There are so many living entities, and they are all part and parcel of God. Just like the sunshine, the sun globe and the sun-god. The sun-god is within the sun globe, and the inhabitants of the sun globe, they are all very glowing, luminous
- Transcendental literature is above the mode of darkness, and its light becomes more luminous with progressive reading and realization of the transcendental subject matter
- When the luminaries in the sky, such as the moon, the sun and the stars, are reflected in liquids like oil or water, they appear to be of different shapes - sometimes round, sometimes long, and so on - because of the movements of the wind
- When they (young girls of Hastinapur) saw Him (Krsna) in the midst of His many queens, like the full moon situated amidst many luminaries, they began to talk amongst themselves