Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Loincloth"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.
- A person in the renounced order of life may try to avoid even a dress to cover himself. If he wears anything at all, it should be only a loincloth
- Accepting very humble lives as mendicants, wearing no more than loincloths and torn quilts (kaupina-kantha), the six Gosvamis lived in Vrndavana and followed Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's order to excavate Vrndavana's lost glories
- Among sannyasis the cultivation of Vedanta philosophy helps in becoming detached from sense gratification. Thus a sannyasi can protect the prestige of wearing a loincloth
- Because his (Jada Bharata's) body was dirty, his spiritual effulgence and knowledge were covered, just as the splendor of a valuable gem is covered by dirt. He only wore a dirty loincloth and his sacred thread, which was blackish
- Bring the four sets of loincloths and outer garments I keep at home, and also some prasadam of Lord Jagannatha. You may carry these things with the help of some brahmana
- Just like he is not well dressed, but anyone who will, he'll immediately find he's cleansed. That is wanted. Cleansed dress. Dress is not important... One can become clean with simply loincloth. It doesn't require dress
- Just like there are many babajis in Vandavana, they are imitating, a small loincloth but doing all nonsense. So imitation is not required
- The general rule is that a mendicant devotee will accept a simple small loincloth without asking anyone to give it in charity. He simply salvages it from the rejected torn cloth thrown in the street
- The kasaya, or saffron loincloth of a sannyasi, indicates freedom from all attractive material garments, and thus he (Maharaja Yudhisthira) changed his dress accordingly
- The word markata-vairagya is used by Cri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to indicate so-called Vaisnavas who dress themselves in loincloths trying to imitate Srila Rupa Gosvami