listen | listened | listener | listeners | listening | listenings | listens
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Caitanya's Listening (17 P)
- ► God's Listening (1 P)
- ► Krsna's Listening (4 P)
- ► Radharani's Listening (1 P)
Pages in category "Listen"
The following 80 pages are in this category, out of 80 total.
- A professional speaker cannot impress transcendental ecstasy within the hearts of the listeners. However, when a realized soul who is engaged in the service of the Lord is speaking, he has the potency to inject spiritual life within the audience
- After finishing the meal, Ramacandra Puri requested, "My dear Jagadananda, please listen. You eat the food that is left"
- After Vidura ate sumptuously and took sufficient rest, he was comfortably seated. Then the King (Yudhisthira) began to speak to him, and all who were present there listened
- Although the Yogendras were already conversant in Vedic knowledge, they became very jubilant in Krsna consciousness just by listening to Brahma. Thus they wanted to enter Dvaraka, the abode of Lord Krsna
- Anyone who listens to the commentary of the Mayavadi philosopher, then his fate is doomed. He is finished. He will never be able to understand bhakti philosophy
- As Sukracarya listened to what had happened to Devayani, his mind was very much aggrieved. Condemning the profession of priesthood and praising the profession of uncha-vrtti (collecting grains from the fields), he left home with his daughter
- At the residence of Hiranya and Govardhana, discourses took place by which Haridasa Thakura was glorified. O devotees, please listen to that wonderful story
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami, after seeing me, said that you all are learned then why don’t you preach the teaching of Caitanya Mahaprabhu in foreign countries, On this I argued with him, I said we are dependent country, who will listen to us?
- Bhava (emotion) has two different symptoms - constitutional and marginal. Now, My dear Sanatana, listen to the symptoms of love
- By the grace of Krsna you have got a position in the education field, doctor of chemistry. When you will present our philosophy the educated circle will have to listen
- Celestial musicians and their wives sang in chorus about the pure reputation of the Emperor (Svayambhuva Manu), and early in the morning, every day, he used to listen to the pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead with a loving heart
- Citraketu was a great devotee (mahatma). If one hears this history of Citraketu from a pure devotee, the listener also is freed from the conditional life of material existence
- First the brahmana induced Bhagavan Acarya to hear the drama, and then many other devotees joined Bhagavan Acarya in listening to it
- For evidence (that love for Krsna imbues everyone with the spirit of service of Krsna), please listen to the examples described in the revealed scriptures, which are corroborated by the realization of great souls
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "I shall accept you without fail, but you will have to wait until I have finished chanting my regular rounds on my beads. Until that time, please sit and listen to the chanting of the holy name"
- Has anyone ever become convinced in Krishna Consciousness by listening to this record? No. He will simply think it is nice magical sounds, that's all. But, if he reads one book, he will be convinced about spiritual life. That is our success
- He also passed His time reading the books and singing the songs of Candidasa and Vidyapati, and listening to quotations from the Jagannatha-vallabha-nataka, Krsna-karnamrta and Gita-govinda
- He would not listen to blasphemy of a Vaisnava, nor would he listen to talk of a Vaisnava's misbehavior. He knew only that everyone was engaged in Krsna's service; he did not understand anything else
- Hiranyakasipu has undertaken a most severe type of austerity. Although his plan is not unknown to you, kindly listen as we submit his intentions
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have thus described the narration concerning Pradyumna Misra and how, following the order of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he listened to discourses about Krsna spoken by Ramananda Raya
- I accept Sriman Dhananjaya Pandit das for brahman initiation. You may hold a fire sacrifice and he should listen to the Gayatri mantra in the right ear from the tape
- I am very glad to learn that you are reading my books and preaching. That will make you happy, and the audience listening they will also become happy
- I have briefly explained the eighth verse. Now please listen with attention as I explain the ninth verse
- I have given the purport of the third verse. Now, O devotees, please listen to the meaning of the fourth with full attention
- I have thus explained the ninth verse, and now I shall explain the tenth. Please listen with rapt attention
- I have thus explained the tenth verse. Now please listen to the meaning of the eleventh verse with all your mind
- If the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is not bestowed upon a person - regardless of how learned a scholar that person may be and regardless of his seeing or listening - he cannot accept Lord Caitanya as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- If we remain pure and teach others purely, then we will achieve all success and the whole world listen to us and be delivered from their very dangerous condition
- If you find a nondevotee eager to listen submissively you can show your mercy to elevate him to Krishna Conciousness, but a nondevotee who is already poisoned by the serpent of the demon class swami or yogi is very difficult to be dealt with
- In the body the most important substance is the life air, but that also is neither the listener nor the speaker. Beyond even the life air, the soul also can do nothing, for the Supersoul is actually the director, in cooperation with the individual soul
- In the presence of the great sage Narada, the demons, the inhabitants of Siddhaloka, and his personal associates, Lord Siva, who is most powerful, spoke to his wife, Parvati, while they all listened
- In this Kali-yuga, Ksemaka will be the last monarch. Now I (Sukadeva Gosvami) shall describe to you (Maharaja Pariksit) the future of the Magadha dynasty. Please listen
- In this way I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have explained the Lord's pastime of sankirtana, and I bless everyone with this benediction: By listening to this description, one will surely become a servant of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Indra's wives inspired him to run after the Lord to fight, and Indra, because he was a henpecked husband and also a fool, listened to them and dared to fight with Krsna. He was a fool on this occasion because he forgot that everything belongs to the Lord
- Jagadananda Pandita says, "My dear brother, you are in the renounced order of life and should not listen to talk about ordinary worldly things, nor should you talk about worldly things when you meet with others"
- Jagadananda's coming pleased mother Saci very much. As he talked of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, she listened day and night
- Maharaja Vena did not adhere to this principle of ruling, and he disobeyed the learned brahmanas
- Maitreya Muni was greatly attached to Him (the Lord), and he was listening in a pleasing attitude, with his shoulder lowered. With a smile and a particular glance upon me, having allowed me to rest, the Lord spoke as follows
- My dear brothers, kindly listen to the explanation of this verse and consider its meaning: the one original entity is known in His three different features
- My dearly beloved wife, daughter of Sukracarya, in this world there was someone exactly like me. Please listen as I narrate the history of his life
- O great sage, graciously be pleased to listen to the prayer of my humble self, for my mind is troubled by affection for my daughter
- O Vyasadeva, in that association and by the mercy of those great Vedantists, I (Narada) could hear them describe the attractive activities of Krsna And thus listening attentively, my taste for hearing of the Personality of Godhead increased at every step
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "Although they (the demigods) are very learned and expert, they cannot understand the musical arrangements of Krsna’s flute. They simply listen attentively and try to understand, but they become bewildered and nothing more"
- Show them how to chant on the fingers. Let them read the mantra and listen to the tape. Then, on my behalf you can present the sacred thread to Jaya Deva. Then hold a fire Yajna
- Show them how to count on the finger divisions, and have them listen one by one to the tape of me reciting gayatri mantra, repeating each vibration as I say it
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Out of all topics people listen to, which is best for all living entities?" Ramananda Raya replied, "Hearing about the loving affairs between Radha and Krsna is most pleasing to the ear"
- Sri Gopalaji then smiled and said, "My dear brahmana, just listen to Me. I shall walk behind you, and in this way I shall go with you"
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King, I shall speak to you the same history I have heard from the mouths of Vyasadeva, Narada and Devala. Please listen with attention
- Strong attachment for the transcendental service of the Lord develops as he continues listening to the messages of Godhead, and if he steadfastly proceeds in this way, he is certainly elevated to spontaneous love for the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Students' prayers 24 hours a day to listen to the political talks and desiring the war should stop is useless. God cannot be their order supplier
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: O King, I have described to you the pastime of Gajendra-moksana, which is most pious to hear. By hearing of such activities of the Lord, one can be freed from all sinful reactions. Now please listen as I describe Raivata Manu
- The compiler of the Vedanta-darsana is Vyasadeva himself. Yet he is troubled, although he is the author. So what sort of transcendental bliss can be derived by the readers and listeners of Vedanta which is not explained directly by Vyasadeva, the author?
- The materialistic men do not care to listen to such injunctions. According to them, the so-called renounced order of life is meant for those who are unable to earn their livelihood
- The nose can be utilized in smelling the flowers offered to the Deity, and the hearing can be utilized by listening to the vibration of the Hare Krsna mantra. In this way the senses can be regulated and utilized to advance Krsna consciousness
- The sage (Kardama Muni) stood listening as the hymns forming the basis of the Sama Veda were vibrated by the flapping wings of the Lord's carrier, Garuda
- The same gopi spoke, "We think that this boon (listening to Govinda's flute) is not possible or available on any other planet"
- The same gopi spoke, "When all the animals and trees and plants, either on the top of Govardhana Hill or in the valley, see the dancing of the peacocks, they all stand still and listen to the transcendental sound of the flute with great attention"
- The secret is that one must submissively listen to those who know perfectly the science of God, and one must begin the mode of service regulated by the preceptor
- The speaker and listener spoke and heard in ecstatic love. Thus they forgot their bodily consciousness. How, then, could they perceive the end of the day
- The subject matter is so presented through the lips of Srila Sukadeva Gosvami that any sincere listener that hears submissively can at once relish transcendental tastes which are distinct from the perverted tastes of the material world
- There is yet another characteristic of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. O devotees, listen carefully to how He manifests His opulence and characteristics, although they are exceptionally deep
- They assured the crowd that they had seen how it happened with their own eyes, and they strongly asserted the point. Some were listening to the statement of the small children, but others said, "How can you believe the statements of these children?"
- This is (slaughterhouse becomes prominent) because foolish materialistic men do not care to listen to others who are actually in a position to explain the Vedic rites
- This offense at the lotus feet of an exalted devotee has resulted in a wonderful narration. Taking advantage of the opportunity afforded by these incidents, I shall explain what happened. O devotees, please listen
- Thus I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have described the incident of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's falling into the ocean. Anyone who listens to this pastime will certainly attain shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- To accept ecstatic love is the main reason He appeared and reestablished the religious system for this age. I shall now explain that reason. Everyone please listen
- When the American boys are disgusted with cigarette smokers, or listening to rock music and meaningless chattering, it means there is Krishna's Grace
- While mother Yasoda was listening to the chanting of the Vedic hymns, the child appeared to be falling asleep, and therefore she very silently laid Him down on the bed
- While sitting in the boat, King Satyavrata, accompanied by the great saintly persons, listened to the instructions of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in regard to self-realization
- You are studying Sanskrit, that is very nice. If you can to learn to vibrate some important Sanskrit verses then you will be listened to wherever you go
- You are therefore the original Narayana. This is one reason; please listen as I state the second
- You should not listen to any of these so-called astrologers—strictly avoid. Don't even see them. What is the use of seeing them? Astrology is meant for the materialist, but a spiritualist does not care for the future.