Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Like a Stick
"like a stick"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Dandavat (1 C, 15 P)
Pages in category "Like a Stick"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.
- As soon as Haridasa Thakura saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he immediately fell down like a stick to offer Him obeisances, and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu raised him up and embraced him
- As soon as mother Saci appeared on the scene, Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell before her like a stick. Mother Saci began to cry, taking the Lord on her lap
- The word used among the Vaisnavas for offering respect is dandavat. This word means "falling down like a stick"; one should offer respect to the superior Vaisnava by falling down straight, with his body just like a stick
- Then the elderly brahmana, being very pleased, came forward and immediately fell like a stick in front of Gopala
- When one falls down before a superior just like a stick, one's offering of obeisances is called dandavat. Danda means "stick," and vat means "like"
- When the Lord is established, worship with all sixty-four items should continue as far as possible. The sixty-four items are as follows: (3) One should immediately offer obeisances to the Lord, falling down like a stick