Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
leper | lepers |leprosy | leprotic
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Vasudeva - the brahmana leper (17 P)
Pages in category "Leprosy"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- After three days, leprosy attacked Gopala Capala, and blood oozed from sores all over his body
- Although suffering from leprosy, the brahmana Vasudeva was enlightened. As soon as one worm fell from his body, he would pick it up and place it back again in the same location
- As one's body, although well-decorated with ornaments, is made unfortunate by even one spot of white leprosy, so an entire poem is made useless by a fault, despite alliteration, similes and metaphors
- Haridasa Thakura was unhappy when he heard that the brahmana Gopala Cakravarti had been attacked by leprosy. Thus after informing Balarama Acarya, the priest of Hiranya Majumadara, he went to Santipura, the home of Advaita Acarya
- He (a brahmana who was suffering from leprosy) desired to enjoy the company of a prostitute, and therefore his wife went to her and became her maidservant, just to draw her attention for his service
- Since leprosy is an infectious disease, Gopala Capala left the village to sit down on the bank of the Ganges underneath a tree. One day, however, he saw Caitanya Mahaprabhu passing by and spoke to Him as follows
- Sinful men who have sexual connections with the wife of a superior are afflicted by leprosy and similar skin diseases
- The Aditya Purana, Markandeya Purana and Padma Purana tell about a brahmana who was suffering from leprosy but had a very chaste and faithful wife
- The brahmana's toes and fingers were beautiful like golden-colored campaka buds, but because of leprosy they all withered and gradually melted away
- The wife of a brahmana suffering from leprosy manifested herself as the topmost of all chaste women by serving a prostitute to satisfy her husband
- There was a prostitute whose charges was one lakh of pieces of diamond. It doesn't matter, a big diamond or small diamond. That was her charges. So one man was suffering from leprosy
- There was also a brahmana named Vasudeva, who was a great person but was suffering from leprosy. Indeed, his body was filled with living worms
- Thus even if one is a brahmana he is certain to be attacked by leprosy and bereft of all family members if he makes such dualistic considerations. Such an offender goes to hell, never to return. This is the injunction of the Brhad-visnu Purana
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu touched him, both the leprosy and his distress went to a distant place. Indeed, Vasudeva's body became very beautiful, to his great happiness
- When that leper, the sinful son of a brahmana, saw the chastity of his wife, he finally abandoned his sinful intentions. While coming home, however, he touched the body of Markandeya Rsi, who thus cursed him to die at sunrise
- When the prostitute agreed to associate with him (a brahmana who was suffering from leprosy), the wife brought her the leprotic husband
- Within three days that brahmana was attacked by leprosy, and as a result his highly raised nose melted away and fell off