Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
length | lengthy | lengths
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Length"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- Although the subordinate mellow may be manifested for a certain time, at length it will become merged into the prominent whole. Thus it is called an unconstitutional ecstasy of devotional service
- Although they talked at great length about these pastimes, they could not reach the limit of discussion
- As the threads in a cloth spread both lengthwise and breadthwise, so the Supreme Personality of Godhead exists directly and indirectly within everything we see in this cosmic manifestation. This is not very wonderful for Him
- At length Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was taken away by Raghava Pandita. There was a great crowd assembled along the way, and the Lord reached Raghava Pandita's residence with great difficulty
- At the time of Draupadi's precarious position, when she was attacked by the Kurus who wanted to see her naked in the open assembly of the royal order, the Lord saved her from being stripped by supplying an unlimited length of sari to cover her
- I do not know what is the length and breadth of the space, but a throne of Radha Krishna may be made exactly on the pattern of Los Angeles, and the sample picture is sent herewith for your guidance
- I think you can prepare one silver flute and I am inserting measurement. It should be with golden relief work - raised embroidery-like designs - on the body of the flute. The length of the flute may be 5 inches
- If one is limited by some formulas only, he is described as an animal which is bound up by the chain of the master and cannot move beyond the length of the chain. So we are concerned with persons who are not chained by anything
- In any case send me a site sketch of the available land, giving length and breadth. However, we do not want some land on one side of the canal and some land on the other side of the canal. All the land must be in one piece, together, not separately
- In Jambudvipa there are nine divisions of land, each with a length of 9,000 yojanas (72,000 miles). There are eight mountains that mark the boundaries of these divisions and separate them nicely
- In the material world, the external potency can act only after one endeavors at great length, but when the Supreme Lord desires, everything is performed automatically by the internal potency
- Knowing well that the age of Kali has already begun, we are assembled here in this holy place to hear at great length the transcendental message of Godhead and in this way perform sacrifice
- Krsna used to put a vaijayanti garland around His neck. This vaijayanti garland is made of at least five differently colored flowers. The length of such a garland was always touching Krsna's knees or feet
- On the four sides of the great mountain known as Sumeru are four mountains-Mandara, Merumandara, Suparsva and Kumuda - which are like its belts. The length and height of these mountains are calculated to be 10,000 yojanas (80,000 miles)
- Once Brahma lay down with his body stretched at full length. He was very concerned that the work of creation had not proceeded apace, and in a sullen mood he gave up that body too
- One can indulge in hearing the mental speculators, but such hearing cannot endure for any length of time. One will be exhausted very soon from hearing such hackneyed ways of thinking, and no one in the world can be satisfied
- The flute of Krsna's pastimes measures three fingers in length, and it is bedecked with indranila gems
- The length and breadth of the living entity is described as one ten-thousandth part of the tip of a hair. This is the original subtle nature of the living entity
- The length and breadth of the universe is 400 million miles by 400 million miles, and it is infested with many unfathomable regions known as patalas, or downward planetary systems
- The Lord is like the two threads that form the length and breadth of a woven cloth. The entire world is controlled by Him just as a bull is controlled by a rope in its nose
- The Lord saved Draupadi by supplying an immeasurable length of cloth
- The ocean of the transcendental mellows of devotional service is so big that no one can estimate its length and breadth. However, just to help you taste it, I am describing but one drop
- The partial manifestations of His personality are Brahma, Visnu and Siva, who are in charge of the creation, maintenance and annihilation of this universe. He is like the two threads that form the length and breadth of a woven cloth
- The personified Vedas continued, "No one, not even the mental speculators and the demigods in higher planetary systems, is actually able to estimate the length and breadth of Your form and characteristics"
- The planetary system known as Bhu-mandala resembles a lotus flower, and its seven islands resemble the whorl of that flower. The length and breadth of the island known as Jambudvipa, which is situated in the middle of the whorl
- The planets of the material creation have a limited length and breadth, but as far as the Vaikuntha planets are concerned, because they are spiritual there is no limit to their dimensions
- The reign of fourteen Manus equals the length of one day (twelve hours) in the life of Brahma, and the night of Brahma is of the same duration. These calculations are given in the authentic astronomy book known as the Surya-siddhanta
- The sketch of the land is not containing any dimensions. A more detailed map should be sent to me with the length and breadth measured in yards and clearly indicated on your sketch. How can a plan be drawn up without this information?
- The transcendental qualities of Krsna are compared to the ocean: no one can estimate the length and breadth of the ocean. But, as one can understand the ocean's contents simply by testing one drop of it
- The universe measures five hundred million yojanas. Its length and breadth are one and the same
- The width and length of the seven lower planetary systems are calculated to be exactly the same as those of earth
- There is no cause of lamentation, because the living entity as he is cannot be killed nor can the material body be saved for any length of time or permanently protected