Category:Laughter in Devotional Service to God
Pages in category "Laughter in Devotional Service to God"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- In the fourth division of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, Srila Rupa Gosvami has described seven kinds of indirect ecstasies of devotional service, known as laughing, astonishment, chivalry, compassion, anger, dread and ghastliness
- Indirect devotional service is divided into laughter, compassion, anger, chivalry, dread, astonishment and ghastliness. Devotional service can therefore be divided into twelve types, each of which has a different color
- When devotees are engaged in the discharge of bhakti-yoga, sometimes they cry from thinking of Krsna, sometimes they laugh, sometimes they become jubilant
- With the ecstasy of anger in devotional service a mixture of compassion or chivalry is compatible, whereas a mixture of laughter, conjugal union or dread is completely incompatible
- With the ecstasy of chivalry in devotional service a mixture of conjugal union, laughter or anger is always incompatible
- With the ecstasy of devotional chivalry a mixture of astonishment, laughter or servitude is compatible, whereas a mixture of dread or conjugal love is incompatible
- With the ecstasy of devotional laughter a mixture of dread, conjugal love or parental love is compatible, whereas a mixture of compassion or ghastliness is incompatible