Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
landlord | landlords | landlord's
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Landlord"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- A man who was expert in palmistry was at that time staying with the landlord. Knowing about Sanatana, he whispered the following in the landlord's ear
- After this settlement was made, the landlord gave Sanatana Gosvami four watchmen to accompany him. They went through the forest path for the whole night and thus brought him over the hilly tract of land
- As a former minister for the Nawab, Sanatana could certainly understand diplomacy. He therefore thought, "Why is this landlord offering me such respect?" Thinking in this way, he questioned his servant, whose name was Isana
- I am eternal, so why should I be interested in nonpermanent things? Who wants nonpermanent existence? No one wants it. If we are living in an apartment and the landlord asks us to vacate, we are sorry, but we are not sorry if we move to a better apartment
- I am very satisfied with your behavior. I shall not accept these gold coins, but I shall get you across that hilly tract of land simply to perform a pious activity
- If we are living in an apartment and the landlord asks us to vacate, we are sorry, but we are not sorry if we move to a better apartment. This then is our inclination. We do not wish to die, because we are eternal
- If we can construct a temple and building without permission of the landlord that will be our greatest triumph. If such a law is inaugurated then it is to be supposed that it is Krsna's plan
- Saying this, the landlord offered Sanatana grain to cook. Sanatana then went to the riverside and took his bath
- Smiling, the landlord said, "Before you offered them, I already knew that there were eight gold coins in your servant's possession"
- Sometimes important landlords and kings keep wrestlers with whom they practice mock fighting, and Visnu makes similar arrangements
- The body is awarded by God according to your karma. Just like according to your payment, the landlord gives you an apartment. The apartment does not belong to you. That's a fact
- The landlord said, "I shall get you across that hilly tract at night with my own men. Now just cook for yourself and take your lunch"
- The palmist said, "This man Sanatana possesses eight gold coins." Hearing this, the landlord was very pleased and spoke the following to Sanatana Gosvami
- There are many similar instances in the history of India. Even very recently, about 200 years ago or less, one big landlord known as Lalababu, a Calcutta landholder, became a Vaisnava and lived in Vrndavana
- Thereupon, Sanatana Gosvami took the seven gold coins in his hands and went to the landlord. Holding the gold coins before him, he spoke as follows