Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
lamp | lamping | lampposts | lamps
Pages in category "Lamp"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- A submissive devotee becomes automatically enlightened in all the intricacies of knowledge because the Lord, from within, dissipates his ignorance with the self-illumined lamp of wisdom
- A truly Krsna conscious person, always absorbed in transcendence, in constant undisturbed meditation on his worshipable Lord, is as steady as a lamp in a windless place
- After the bathing ceremony was finished, incense and lamps were burned and all kinds of food offered before the Deity. These foods included yogurt, milk and as many sweetmeats as were received
- After this, Bali Maharaja brought valuable garments, ornaments, sandalwood pulp, betel nuts, lamps and various nectarean foods, and along with his family members he worshiped the Lords according to the regulative principles
- As a lamp in a windless place does not waver, so the transcendentalist, whose mind is controlled, remains always steady in his meditation on the transcendent Self
- At each and every gate there were burning lamps and big waterpots
- Bhagavad-gita is as clear as the sunlight. As you do not require to see the sun with another lamp, similarly, you do not require to study Bhagavad-gita with another commentation of a common man who has no knowledge
- Brahma said, "You are the original lamp. Other incarnations may possess the same candlepower as the original lamp, but the original lamp is the beginning of all light"
- He (King Bahulasva) offered the guests (Krsna, Narada and others) nice flower garlands, sandalwood pulp, incense, new garments, ornaments, lamps, cows and bulls. In a manner just befitting his royal position, he worshiped each one of them in this way
- He (Lord Krsna) immediately burned several kinds of scented incense and, as is usual, offered him arati with burning lamps. After thus offering him an adequate welcome and after the brahmana had taken food and drinks
- In the morning, the gopis prepared for morning arati by lighting their lamps and sprinkling butter mixed with yogurt. After finishing their mangala-arati, they engaged themselves in churning butter from yogurt
- It does not require any lamp-bearer to show the Bhagavad-gita or Krsna. It does not require. You try to see Bhagavad-gita as it is. Then you will be benefited. Otherwise, you'll be misled
- No lamp or man-made torchlight, however powerful it may be, can help one see the sun. The sun reveals itself
- Nobody requires any lamp to see the sun. Everyone can see. But if it is covered by the cloud, it is very difficult to see. So this Mayavada interpretation is, explanation, means covering the real meaning. That's all
- Tend Tulasi very nicely and your devotion towards Krishna will increase. In the evening a lamp should be offered to the Tulasi plant and in the morning each devotee should offer a little water and offer obeisances
- The chairs and other furniture were made of ivory and bedecked with gold and diamonds, and jeweled lamps dissipated the darkness within the palace
- The children, they are also chanting Hare Krsna, they are offering obeisances, they are offering a lamp, they are playing some instrument, all these things will never go in vain
- The example is given that small lamps may be agitated by a slight breeze, but the greatest lamp or the greatest illuminating source, the sun, is never moved, even by the greatest hurricane
- The five ingredients for Deity worship are (1) very good scents, (2) very good flowers, (3) incense, (4) a lamp and (5) something edible
- The houses were all illuminated by hundreds and thousands of lamps placed in different corners of the cornices, walls, columns, bases and architraves, and from far away the rays of the lamps appeared to be celebrating the festival of Dipavali
- The items of worship, such as water, conchshell, flowers, incense and lamp, should be described. You should also mention chanting softly, offering prayers, circumambulating and offering obeisances. All these should be carefully described
- The Mayavadi says that "Because Krsna is there in the electric lamp, or in the tree, or in the seed, or in the color, or in the flavor, therefore Krsna is finished. There is no more Krsna"
- The rooms (in Kubja's house) were provided with flower garlands and were nicely scented with incense and sprinkled with scented water. And the rooms were illuminated by nice lamps
- The structure of the building stood on excellent transparent marble, with engravings made of emerald stones. All the women in the palace carried lamps made of valuable jewels
- The suggested ceremonial gifts for the spiritual master are as follows: grains; fruits; ghee; flowers; clothing and garments; bedding; shoes; umbrellas; asana; sacred thread; utensils; lamp; bead bags; neck beads; incense; ornaments; money
- The unmarried gopis used to prepare the deity of goddess Durga and worship it with candana pulp, garlands, incense, lamps and all kinds of presentations - fruits, grain and twigs of plants
- The Visnu svamsa expansions of the Supreme Lord in different Visnu forms are like lamps, Lord Siva is also like a lamp, and the supreme candle power, or the one-hundred-percent light, is Krsna
- The whole city was made fragrant by the burning of fine incense, and at night there was illumination from thousands of lamps, which decorated every building
- There is story that in the Deity room, a lamp was burning
- They (Lord Brahma and the predominating deities of the planets) worshiped the Lord (Vamanadeva) by offering fragrant flowers, water, padya and arghya, sandalwood pulp and aguru pulp, incense, lamps, fused rice, unbroken grains, fruits, roots and sprouts
- Water mixed with yogurt, sandalwood pulp and flowers was sprinkled all around the doors, which were also decorated with burning lamps of different sizes. Over all the doors were decorations of fresh mango leaves and silk festoons
- While the gopis were thus engaged, the lamps reflected on their ornaments made the ornaments still brighter