Category:Krsna and the Parijata Tree
Pages in category "Krsna and the Parijata Tree"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- Actually, Krsna had purposely taken His wife Satyabhama with Him so that she could collect the parijata with her own hand. But the denizens of the heavenly planets, including Indra, were very irritated
- After this episode, Krsna expected that because Satyabhama had been rewarded with a full tree of parijata, Rukmini would also demand something
- As far as the Lord's determination is concerned, there is an example in His dealings in the Harivamsa. This is in connection with Lord Krsna's fighting the King of heaven, Indra, who was forcibly bereft of the parijata flower
- As husband of so many wives, He pleased them all with presentations, even at a costly endeavor. He brought the parijata plant from heaven and implanted it at the palace of Satyabhama, one of the principal queens
- As usual, Krsna came out victorious, and He triumphantly brought the parijata tree chosen by His wife to this earth planet, to Dvaraka. After this, the tree was installed in the palace garden of Satyabhama
- In fact, she (Satyabhama) could not be pacified until she was promised the whole tree. And Krsna actually fulfilled His promise: He brought the tree down to the earth planet from the heavenly kingdom
- In the garden within the compound of each palace there were parijata flowers. The parijata is not an artificial flower. We remember that Krsna brought the parijata trees from heaven and implanted them in all His palaces
- Indra, along with other demigods, offered opposition to Krsna and Satyabhama for taking away the (Parijata) tree, but in order to please His favorite wife Satyabhama, Krsna became determined and adamant, so there was a fight
- Krsna could understand the competitive womanly nature of His co-wives (Rukmini and Satyabhama), and He had smiled. He had immediately asked Satyabhama, "Why are you asking for only one flower? I would like to give you a whole tree of parijata flowers"
- Krsna had experienced that when Rukmini was offered a parijata flower by Narada Muni, Satyabhama had become envious of her co-wife and had immediately demanded a similar flower from Krsna
- Krsna said, "All right, Indra, you can take this parijata flower. Otherwise, you will not be able to show your face before your wife, Sacidevi"
- Krsna showed how He fulfills His promise by delivering the parijata flower to Satyabhama, by saving Draupadi from being insulted and by freeing Arjuna from the attacks of all enemies
- Krsna told Narada, "Dear sage, now you can declare to the devotees & to the nondevotees in particular, that in this matter of taking the parijata flower, all the demigods tried to defeat Me, but none could make Me break My promise to My queen"
- Satyabhama instigated her husband to get the parijata flower from the heavenly planets, and the Lord got it even by force from the demigods, as a common husband secures things to please his wife
- Satyabhama remembered Krsna's promise to give her a parijata tree. Taking the opportunity of having come to the heavenly kingdom, she uprooted a parijata tree and placed it on the back of Garuda
- Satyabhama, one of Krsna's queens, wanted that lotus flower, & Krsna promised to deliver it; but Indra refused to part with his parijata flower. Therefore there was a great fight, with Krsna & the Pandavas on one side and all of the demigods on the other
- The heavenly King, Indra, upon being defeated in his fight with Krsna for possession of the parijata flower, became very bashful because of his defeat. He was standing before Krsna, bowing down his head, when Krsna said
- There was no fault on the part of the Lord, even though He took away the tree from the heavenly kingdom, but because Indra was henpecked, dominated by his beautiful wives like Saci, he became a fool
- When a parijata tree from the heavenly kingdom was taken by Krsna, Indra had fought with Him. This was self-interest on the part of Indra
- When Indra was defeated by Krsna in the matter of taking the parijata plant from heaven, Narada met Indra and criticized him
- When Krsna and Satyabhama were returning from the capital city of Indra, Satyabhama remembered Krsna's promise to give her a parijata tree
- When Krsna, the supreme joker, planted the parijata tree in the courtyard of Satyabhama, Rukmini, the daughter of King Vidarbha, became very angry, but due to her natural gentle behavior, she did not express anything
- When the demigod Indra saw that Krsna was constructing a particular city of His own choice, he sent the celebrated parijata tree of the heavenly planets to be planted in the new city, and he also sent a parliamentary house, Sudharma
- While present on this earth, the Lord (Krsna) executed many uncommon activities, even traveling in space to bring down the parijata from heaven and recovering the son of His teacher (Sandipani Muni) from the regions of death