Category:Krsna and Trees
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna and Trees"
The following 107 pages are in this category, out of 107 total.
- Actually, Krsna is all-pervasive: He is in the sky, and He is in the forest; He is within the heart, and He is always everywhere. The gopis therefore began to question the trees and plants about Krsna
- After the demon had been thrown into the trees, all the friends and associates of Dhenukasura immediately assembled and attacked Balarama and Krsna with great force. They were determined to retaliate and avenge the death of their friend
- Although child Krsna was bound up to the wooden mortar, He began to proceed toward the twin trees in order to fulfill the prophecy of His great devotee Narada
- Although the trees and plants were not very advanced in consciousness, by the association of Krsna and His friends they also became Krsna conscious
- Another gopi said, "At that time ( when Krsna is walking in a stride which is so attractive), our movements cease. We become just like trees and stand perfectly still, unaware that our hair and clothes are loosening"
- Another young gopi told her mother, "My dear mother, the birds, who are all looking at Krsna playing on His flute, are sitting very attentively on the branches and twigs of different trees"
- Appearing on the scene, Krsna immediately collected all the garments of the gopis, climbed up into a nearby tree, and with a smiling face began to speak to them
- As He thus wandered around every tree and creeper, He came beneath an asoka tree and suddenly saw Lord Krsna
- Aside from the rivers, the trees standing on the banks like great ascetics and engaging in welfare activities for all living entities drink the nectar of Krsna's lips by drawing water from the river with their roots
- At the final stage, flowers, fruits, plants, trees, clay - all objects and elements - become spiritualized by being used in Lord Krsna's service
- Balarama and Krsna, along with all Their friends, played all kinds of sports and enjoyed the soothing atmosphere of Vrndavana, full of rivers, lakes, rivulets, fine trees and excellent gardens filled with fruits and flowers
- Because of the dead bodies of the asses, there was a panoramic scene. It appeared as if clouds of various colors were assembled in the trees. Hearing of this great incident, the demigods from the higher planets showered flowers on Krsna and Balarama
- But Krsna and Balarama caught each of the asses by the hind legs and, exactly in the same way, wheeled them around. Thus They killed all of them and threw them into the palm trees
- Even the other day, neither Krsna nor any of His playmates died from the falling of the two trees, although the children were near the trees or even between them. This also is to be considered the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Every tree (in the land surrounding Bindu-sarovara) bore fruits and flowers, and every bird sang the glories of the Lord - Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- He (Krsna) had a slender flute and a buffalo horn bugle, and sometimes He played on a flute made from the leaves of trees. These are some of the symptoms of the end of Krsna's kaumara age
- He (Krsna) immediately alerted Balarama about the entrance of the demon (Vatasura). Both brothers then silently approached him. Krsna caught hold of the demon-calf by the two hind legs & tail, whipped him around very forcibly & threw him up into a tree
- He (Krsna) was very much pleased by the behavior of the trees, fruits and flowers, and He began to smile, realizing their desires
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, the first progenitor, who is tending the cows fulfilling all desires in abodes filled with spiritual gems and surrounded by millions of wish-fulfilling trees
- If Krsna is satisfied, then whole world is satisfied. If you pour water on the root, then it is automatically distributed in every parts of the tree. So Krsna is the big tree, root of the big tree
- In His childhood, the Almighty Lord was surrounded by cowherd boys and calves, and thus He traveled on the shore of the Yamuna River, through gardens densely covered with trees and filled with vibrations of chirping birds
- In the sixteenth verse of the Caitanya-caritamrta he describes Radharani and Krsna as seated beneath a wish-fulfilling tree in Vrndavana, on a throne decorated with valuable jewels
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is said that when Krsna entered the poisonous waters of the Yamuna, Srimati Yasoda Devi went insane. Instead of searching for curative herbs, she began to speak to the trees as if they were snake chanters
- In this way all the gopis were madly feeling the absence of Krsna. They inquired about Him from the trees and plants
- In this way Krsna's transcendental forms are expanded unlimitedly. No one can count them. Whatever I have explained is simply a little glimpse. It is like showing the moon through the branches of a tree
- In Vrndavana, everyone and everything is attracted to Krsna, including the trees, the plants, the water, and animals like the deer and cows. That is the perfect description of Krsna’s all-attractiveness
- In Vrndavana, the trees and creepers are wonderful because throughout the entire year they produce all kinds of fruits and flowers. The gopis & maidservants in the bowers of Vrndavana picked these fruits and flowers & brought them before Radha & Krsna
- It is not very difficult for Krsna to make you a tree. He's all-powerful. He can do that. But if you want, "Krsna I want to be with You personally,'' that also Krsna can give you. So now make your choice. This is the human form of life
- It is up to you to make your choice whether you are going to dance with Krsna or you want to become naked tree standing for ten thousands of years. That is your choice. A living entity has got this independence
- Krsna addressed the inhabitants of Vrndavana, "My dear Stoka Krsna, Varuthapa, Bhadrasena, Sudama, Subala, Arjuna, Visala, and Rsabha - just look at these most fortunate trees of Vrndavana. They have dedicated their lives to the welfare of others"
- Krsna and Jambavan first of all fought with weapons, then with stones, then with big trees, then hand to hand, until at last they were hitting each other with their fists, their blows like the striking of thunderbolts
- Krsna came before the creepers, plants and trees of Vrndavana, which were laden with flowers and fruits, because He was the Soul of their soul they all bent down in the ecstasy of love for Him and became thorny
- Krsna cut Banasura's arms with His Sudarsana disc just as a gardener trims the twigs of a tree with sharp cutters
- Krsna is first-class, His devotees are also first-class. The trees, the birds, the cows, and the calves are all first-class. Therefore it is called absolute. No conception of relative, second-class, third-class, fourth-class
- Krsna is noting down that "This soul is very much fond of fresh blood and raw meat. All right. You take the body of a tiger. Yes. This soul feels pleasure being naked. All right, you take the body of a tree. You stand up naked for ten thousand years"
- Krsna said, "Even though they are trees and animals, these residents of Vrndavana are glorifying You. They are prepared to welcome You to the best of their ability, as is the practice of great souls in receiving another great soul at home"
- Krsna said, "It appears that they are trying to get out of the darkness that has obliged them to accept the form of trees. The trees born in the land of Vrndavana are not ordinary living entities"
- Krsna said, "No one is denied shelter by these trees (in Vrndavana). They supply various kinds of facilities to human society, such as leaves, flowers, fruit, shade, roots, bark, flavor extracts and fuel. They are the perfect example of noble life"
- Krsna said, "The chirping of the birds along with the cooing of the peacocks, surrounded by the whispering of the leaves in the trees, combine and present sound vibrations that echo one another. And this just enriches the beautiful scenery"
- Krsna said, "They (the trees of Vrndavana) are like a noble person who has sacrificed everything possible - his body, mind, activities, intelligence and words - for the welfare of all living entities"
- Krsna saw all the trees, overloaded with fruits and fresh twigs, bending down to touch the ground as if welcoming Him by touching His lotus feet
- Krsna was dressed in glowing garments of yellow, Balarama in blue, and They held new twigs of mango tree, peacock feathers and bunches of flowers in Their hands
- Krsna's and Balarama's chariots were marked with pictures of Garuda and palm trees, respectively. The women of Mathura all stood on the tops of the houses, palaces and gates to see the wonderful fight
- Krsna's body resembles the sap of the mango tree, for when it enters the minds of women, it will not come out, despite great endeavor. Thus Krsna's extraordinary body is like a thorn of the seya berry tree
- Krsna, in the company of His cowherd boyfriends, took shelter of the shade of some trees and became very happy
- Lord Krsna attracts the minds of all young girls and elderly ladies by His childlike activities. He also attracts the minds of His friends by His friendly activities. When He appeared in Vrndavana, He even attracted the birds, beasts, trees and plants
- Lord Krsna broke off a twig from a tree, took it in His hand, and bifurcated it. In this way He hinted to Bhimasena how Jarasandha could be killed
- Lord Krsna knew that Narada was His great devotee and that the trees standing before Him as twin arjuna trees were actually the sons of Kuvera
- Lord Krsna was very much pleased when passing through the Vrndavana forest by the site of Govardhana Hill. On the bank of the Yamuna He saw all the trees decorated with beehives pouring honey
- Lord Siva said, "The ocean is Your (Krsna's) abdomen, and the King of heaven, Indra, is Your arm. Trees and plants are the hairs on Your body, the clouds are the hair on Your head, and Lord Brahma is Your intelligence"
- Nanda continued, "Krsna killed all these animals and demons just as a lion kills an ordinary animal. How wonderful it is that Krsna took in one hand the big, heavy bow made of three joined palm trees and broke it very quickly"
- No one can estimate the opulence of Krsna. That is unlimited. However, just as one sees the moon through the branches of a tree, I wish to give a little indication
- Once Narada became angry with the two sons of Kuvera, Nalakuvara and Manigriva, and he chastised them by turning them into trees. The result was that later they were liberated by Lord Sri Krsna
- One cowherd boy said, "Once His (Krsna's) mother, being disturbed by His stealing butter, tied Him to a wooden mortar, and the child pulled it toward a pair of trees known as yamala-arjuna and caused them to fall"
- One cowherd boy said, "When the demon known as Vatsasura entered among the calves tended by Krsna with a desire to kill Him, He immediately detected the demon, killed him and threw him into a tree"
- One should offer everything to the Lord. 31) One should offer a favorite article (as food or a garment). 32) One should take all kinds of risks for Krsna's benefit. 33) In every condition, be a surrendered soul. 34) Pour water on the tulasi tree
- One view was that it was impossible for a small boy like this to have done such a thing as pulling down the trees. But there were doubts because Krsna had been predicted to equal Narayana. Therefore the cowherd men were in a dilemma
- Separation from Krsna has made these servants very unhappy. Having lost consciousness, how can they answer us
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "Will You (Krsna and Balarama) kindly note that just near this place there is a big forest of the name Talavana? This forest is full of palm trees, and all the trees are filled with fruits"
- The atmarama verse is like the sentence 'In this forest many different trees bear fruit.' All atmaramas render devotional service to Lord Krsna
- The cat is person. Dog is person, and the insect is person. The trees are person. Everyone is person. And there is another person. That is God, Krsna. That one person is maintaining all these varieties of millions and trillions of persons
- The damsels of Vrndavana, the gopis, are super goddesses of fortune. The enjoyer in Vrndavana is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna. The trees there are all wish-fulfilling trees, and the land is made of transcendental touchstone
- The entire city appeared jubilant on the occasion of Lord Krsna's marriage with Rukmini. Everywhere in the city there were profuse decorations of banana trees and betel-nut trees. These two trees are considered very auspicious in happy ceremonies
- The friends of Krsna wanted to eat the fruit from the forest trees, but they could not go because of fear of the demon. Thus they requested Krsna to go there and kill Gardabhasura
- The gopis continued, "O blackberries and bael trees and trees of the kadamba flower - you are all very pious trees to be living on the bank of the Yamuna. Krsna must have passed through this way. Will you kindly let us know which way He has gone?"
- The gopis continued, "You are very jolly; the hairs on your body are these jubilant trees and plants. Lord Krsna must have been very much pleased with you; otherwise how could He have embraced you in the form of Varaha the boar?"
- The gopis said, "He (Krsna) has stolen our hearts and gone away. If you have seen Him, kindly inform us which way He has gone. Dear asoka tree, dear naga flower tree and campaka flower tree, have you seen the younger brother of Balarama pass this way?"
- The gopis said, "Krsna is the well-wisher of Vrndavana. He is as kind to you as to us; therefore after leaving us, He must have been present in your company. O fortunate trees, we are thinking of Krsna, the younger brother of Balarama"
- The gopis said, "Krsna must have picked some flowers in this spot to satisfy Radharani, because here, where He stood erect to get the flowers from the high branches of the tree, we find only half the impression of His feet"
- The gopis saw the plants, creepers and trees loaded with fruits and flowers and ready to serve Krsna. In this way they immediately remembered their worshipable Lord Sri Krsna. They did not simply see plants, creepers and trees the way a mundaner sees them
- The gopis thought that because all the trees must have seen Krsna pass by they were offering respectful obeisances to Him. To be certain, the gopis inquired from the trees
- The Mayavadi says that "Because Krsna is there in the electric lamp, or in the tree, or in the seed, or in the color, or in the flavor, therefore Krsna is finished. There is no more Krsna"
- The Personality of Godhead is the original cause of all causes, and He is the life of the whole creation. The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, is the root of the tree of the whole creation. That is the statement of Bhagavad-gita
- The Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krsna, after foreseeing the end (of His family) by His internal potency, went to the bank of the River Sarasvati, sipped water, and sat down underneath a tree
- The plants, creepers and trees were full of fruits and flowers due to ecstatic love of Krsna. Indeed, being so full, they were bowing down. They were inspired by such deep love for Krsna that they were constantly pouring showers of honey
- The qualities of Krsna captivate and attract everything, living and nonliving. Even birds, animals and trees are attracted to Krsna's qualities
- The system of worshiping Krsna by offering flowers from a tree is also beneficial for the living entity who is confined to the bodily existence of that tree. When flowers and fruits are offered to Krsna, the tree that bore them also receives much benefit
- The tamarind tree named Tentuli-tala was very old, having been there since the time of Lord Krsna's pastimes. Beneath the tree was a very shiny platform
- The trees on the bank of the Yamuna, along with all the cows, bulls & calves, were full of pleasure because of Krsna's appearance there. The brahmana inhabitants of Vrndavana immediately came with their wives to congratulate Krsna and His family members
- The whirlwind demon known as Trnavarta once carried Krsna off from the ground and blew Him around, along with some very big trees. At that time, Mother Yasoda could not see her son, and she was so disturbed that she began to walk this way and that
- These desire trees are not like the ordinary trees of the material world; the desire trees are found in the spiritual world. By Krsna's supreme will, everything is possible, so such desire trees were planted in Dvaraka, the city constructed by Krsna
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned to study herbs and plants to discover how they would act as medicine for different ailments. By studying the different species of plants, They learned how to crossbreed plants and trees and get different types of fruit
- They (the trees and plants) then wanted to deliver everything to Krsna and His friends - whatever they had - namely their fruits, flowers and the honey incessantly falling from their branches
- They appeared almost naked, skinny and frail, and did not carry any fruits or flowers. He informed Krsna that all the cowherd boys residing in Vrndavana were as still as the trees at the tops of hills
- Vasudeva said, "My dear Supreme Personality of Godhead, You (Krsna and Balarama) are the original cause of all causes, exactly as the earth is the original cause of different kinds of trees, plants and similar varieties of manifestation"
- Vrndavana's natural atmosphere, with the presence of the river Yamuna, its nice orchards of trees decorated with various fruits, Govardhana Hill, caves, blooming flowers - all combined to inspire Uddhava to narrate Krsna's pastimes
- We know that everyone is human being, and everyone, every living entity, not only the human being, even the birds, beasts, animals, trees, everyone, a living entity is part and parcel of God, Krsna
- We pick up flowers from the trees for offering to Krsna, but the injunction is that after evening you should not touch the tree. The idea is that they are sleeping, don't disturb
- When flowers and fruits are offered to Krsna, the tree that bore them also receives much benefit, indirectly
- When Krsna came before the creepers, plants and trees of Vrndavana, which were laden with flowers and fruits, because He was the Soul of their soul they all bent down in the ecstasy of love for Him and became thorny
- When Krsna saw that Subala, in the dress of Radharani, was silently hiding under the shade of a beautiful asoka tree on the bank of the Yamuna, He immediately arose from His seat in surprise
- When Krsna would feel tired and fatigued, He would sometimes take shelter of the root of a big tree or the lap of a cowherd boy and lie down
- When the Kesi demon was causing disturbance in Vrndavana by assuming a large horse's body that was so big that he could jump over the trees, Mother Yasoda told her husband, Nanda Maharaj, "Our child (Krsna) is very restless"
- When the rainy season was not ended completely but was gradually turning to autumn, sometimes, especially when there was rainfall within the forest, Krsna and His companions would sit under a tree or within the caves of Govardhana Hill
- When the trees did not reply, the gopis guessed, "Since all of these trees belong to the male class, all of them must be friends of Krsna"
- Where they are seeing Krsna is their mistake. It is like considering a dry tree to be a person
- While the birds, trees and plants were all looking very happy, Krsna, tending the cows and accompanied by Sri Balarama and the cowherd boys, began to vibrate His transcendental flute
- While walking, He (Krsna) played His flute just to call His cows. Just by His association, the trees, plants and other vegetation in the forest immediately became Krsna conscious. A Krsna conscious person sacrifices everything for Krsna
- Why should the trees tell us where Krsna has gone? Let us rather inquire from the creepers; they are female and are therefore like friends to us
- With folded hands she began to bow down to the trees, asking them, "What is the medicinal herb which can check Krsna's dying from this poisonous water?" This is an instance of insanity caused by some great danger