Category:Krsna and Paundraka
Pages in category "Krsna and Paundraka"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- After enjoying the loud laughter of all the members of the assembly, Krsna replied to the messenger as follows: "O messenger of Paundraka, you may carry My message to your master"
- After the demise of Sisupala, Salva and Paundraka, a foolish demoniac king of the name Dantavakra wanted to kill Krsna to avenge the death of his friend Salva
- He (Krsna) smashed not only the weapons but also the soldiers and assistants of Paundraka, just as during the dissolution of this universe the fire of devastation burns everything to ashes
- He could not estimate his own position, Paundraka falsely thought himself to be Lord Vasudeva. Thus the messenger declared to Krsna that King Paundraka, the SP, had descended to the earth out of his causeless mercy just to deliver all distressed persons
- King Paundraka was a great warrior, and as soon as he heard of Krsna's attack, he came out of the city with two aksauhini divisions of soldiers. The King of Kasi also came out, with three aksauhini divisions
- Krsna chastised him very severely, & smashed his chariot to pieces by shooting an arrow. Then with the help of His disc He separated Paundraka's head from his body, just as Indra shaves off the peaks of mountains by striking them with his thunderbolt
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "At that time (when your head is severed from your body by My disc) your (Paundraka's) body will be thrown to the dogs, who will eat it with great pleasure"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "At that time (when your head is severed from your body by My disc), instead of becoming My shelter, as you (Paundraka) have demanded, you will be subject to the mercy of these lowborn birds"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "I shall destroy you (Paundraka) and your foolish associates, who merely constitute a society of cheaters and the cheated"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "I shall never give up the symbols of Vasudeva, especially My disc. I shall use this disc to kill not only you (Paundraka) but all your followers also"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "O foolish King (Paundraka), you will then have to conceal your face in disgrace & when your head is severed from your body by My disc, it will be surrounded by meat-eating birds like vultures, hawks & eagles"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "You (Paundraka) are a foolish rascal. I directly call you a rascal, and I refuse to follow your instructions"
- Krsna said, "Now, Paundraka, I shall force you to give up this false representation. You wanted Me to surrender unto you. Now this is your opportunity. We shall now fight, & if I am defeated & you are victorious, I shall certainly surrender unto you"
- Krsna saw that Paundraka carried an imitation Sarnga bow, and on his chest was a mock insignia of Srivatsa. His neck was decorated with a false Kaustubha jewel, and he wore a flower garland in exact imitation of Lord Vasudeva's
- Krsna saw that Paundraka had decorated himself with the symbols of the conchshell, disc, lotus and club
- Krsna saw that Paundraka was dressed in yellow silken garments, and the flag on his chariot carried the symbol of Garuda, exactly imitating Krsna's. He had a very valuable helmet on his head, and his earrings, like swordfish, glittered brilliantly
- Krsna told Paundraka, "Paundraka, you requested Me to give up the symbols of Lord Visnu, specifically My disc. Now I will give it up to you. Be careful! You falsely declare yourself Vasudeva, imitating Me. Therefore no one is a greater fool than you"
- Lord Krsna is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but King Paundraka directly challenged Krsna through the messenger, who stated that Paundraka, not Krsna, was Vasudeva
- Lord Krsna killed Paundraka and his friend Kasiraja on the battlefield, and then He returned to His capital city, Dvaraka. When Lord Krsna returned to the city of Dvaraka, all the Siddhas from the heavenly planets were singing His glories
- Narada Muni said, "I shall also see how You (Krsna) save the son of a brahmana from death after he has already been transferred to another planet. After this, I will be able to see You kill the Paundraka demon and burn to ashes the kingdom of Kasi"
- Narakasura and Paundraka, great marshals like Salva, Dvivida monkey and Balvala, Dantavakra, the seven bulls, Sambara would all fight vigorously, either with the Lord Hari directly or with Him under His names of Baladeva, Arjuna, Bhima, etc
- Paundraka was promoted to the Vaikuntha planets, where the devotees have the same bodily features as Visnu, with four hands holding the four symbols (because he always thought of Lord Vasudeva by falsely dressing himself in imitation of the Lord)
- Paundraka's meditation was concentrated on the Visnu form, but because he thought himself Visnu, it was offensive. By his being killed by Krsna, that offense was mitigated. Thus he was given sarupya liberation, and he attained the same form as the Lord
- The message (by Paundraka to Krsna) contained the following statements, "I am the only Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva. No man can compete with me"
- The message (by Paundraka to Krsna) contained the following statements, "I have descended as King Paundraka, taking compassion on the distressed conditioned souls out of my unlimited causeless mercy"
- The message (by Paundraka to Krsna) contained the following statements, "If out of Your (Krsna's) gross impudence You do not care for my words, then I challenge You to fight. I am inviting You to a battle in which the decision will be settled"
- The message (by Paundraka to Krsna) contained the following statements, "O (Krsna) descendant of the Yadu dynasty, please give up all the symbols of Vasudeva, which You have falsely assumed. And after giving up this position, come and surrender unto me"
- The message (by Paundraka to Krsna) contained the following statements, "You (Krsna) have falsely taken the position of Vasudeva without authority, but You should not propagate this false idea. You must give up Your position"
- The messenger carried the words of Lord Krsna to his master, Paundraka, who patiently heard all these insults
- The messenger reached the royal assembly of Krsna in Dvaraka and conveyed the message given by his master, Paundraka
- The soldiers on the side of King Paundraka began to shower their weapons upon Krsna. The weapons, including various kinds of tridents, clubs, poles, lances, swords, daggers and arrows, came flying in waves, and Krsna counteracted them
- When all the members of the royal assembly, including King Ugrasena, heard this message (Paundraka invited Krsna to a battle) sent by Paundraka, they laughed very loudly for a considerable time
- When Lord Sri Krsna saw Paundraka imitating His posture and dress, He could not check His laughter, and thus He laughed with great satisfaction
- When the two kings (Paundraka and the King of Kasi) came before Lord Krsna to oppose Him, Krsna saw Paundraka face to face for the first time
- While Lord Balarama was absent in Vrndavana, this King Paundraka, the King of the Karusa Province, being foolish and puffed up, sent a messenger to Lord Krsna
- Without waiting any longer, Lord Sri Krsna immediately started out on His chariot to punish the rascal Paundraka, the King of Karusa. Because at that time he was living with his friend the King of Kasi, Krsna surrounded the whole city of Kasi