Category:Krsna and Milk
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna and Milk"
The following 88 pages are in this category, out of 88 total.
- After the bathing ceremony was finished, incense and lamps were burned and all kinds of food offered before the Deity. These foods included yogurt, milk and as many sweetmeats as were received
- After this, the surabhi cows and all the demigods and their mothers joined the heavenly king, Indra, in worshiping Lord Krsna by bathing Him with Ganges water and the milk of the surabhis
- Although Putana was an evil spirit, she gained elevation just like the mother of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is clear that the cows and the elder gopis who offered milk to Krsna were also elevated to the transcendental position
- As for mother Yasoda, she sat by the side of her husband and heard the pastimes of Krsna without speaking. She simply cried incessantly, and milk poured from her breasts
- At home Srimati Radharani had made various types of sweetmeats from milk and sugar, such as gangajala, amrtakeli, piyusagranthi, karpurakeli, sarapuri, amrti, padmacini and khanda-ksirisara-vrksa. She had then brought them all for Krsna
- Baby Krsna very quickly took the nipple in anger. He sucked the milk-poison along with the life air of the demon. In other words, Krsna simultaneously sucked the milk from her breast and killed her by sucking out her life
- Because our cows know very well that we are not going to kill them, they are happy, and they give ample milk. Therefore this instruction given by Lord Krsna - go-raksya - is extremely meaningful
- Because she (Yasoda) thought that it was getting very late, her anxiety to hear the sound of Krsna's flute became doubled, and milk began to flow out from her breast
- Being engaged in receiving all the friends, relatives and residents of Vrndavana on that holy occasion, she forgot to feed the child (Krsna) milk. He was crying, being hungry, but mother Yasoda could not hear Him cry because of the various noises
- Brahma said, "I wish to be one of them instead of such an exalted person as I am now, for I am full of ignorance. The gopis and cows of Vrndavana are so fortunate that they have been able to supply their breast milk to You"
- Brahma said, "Persons who are engaged in performing great sacrifices cannot attain the perfection of understanding You, but simply by devotional service these innocent village women and cows are all able to satisfy You with their milk"
- Brahma said, "You have drunk their (the innocent village women and cows) milk to satisfaction, yet You are never satisfied as much by those engaged in performing sacrifices"
- If we (the elder gopis) keep our stock of yogurt, butter and milk in a solitary dark place, your Krsna and Balarama find it in the darkness by the glaring effulgence of the ornaments and jewels on Their bodies
- If you know what is milk, then you know what is butter, what is cheese, what is yogurt, everything, because everything is milk product. So if you know Krsna, everything is Krsna product, so you know everything. That is universal knowledge
- In order to neutralize the poisonous effect, she drank the milk produced by the buffalo horn in the hand of Krsna. Instead of decreasing the poisonous effect it increased it thousand times. The gopi was thus put into the most miserable poisoned condition
- In that supreme abode of Krsna are surabhi cows who overflood the land with milk. Since not even a moment there is misused, there is no past, present or future
- In the spiritual kingdom of Lord Krsna, named Goloka Vrndavana, there are surabhi cows which give unlimited quantities of milk
- In their childhood pastimes, all these cowherd boys joined with Krsna in stealing butter. But rather than become angry, Mother Yasoda became wet from the milk flowing out of her breasts
- Krsna and Balarama carried binding ropes on Their shoulders and in Their hands, just like ordinary cowherd boys. While milking the cows, the boys bound their hind legs with a small rope
- Krsna can offer anyone anything, from liberation to anything materially conceivable. Therefore, there cannot be any doubt of the salvation of Putana, whose bodily milk was sucked by Krsna for such a long time
- Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and He was washed by the milk from the breast of Mother Yasoda, which purified Him from the dust covering
- Krsna is very fond of brahmanas and cows. The brahmanas promulgate the cause of advancement in Krsna consciousness, and the cows give enough milk to maintain the body in the mode of goodness
- Krsna said, "Prepare rice, dhal, then halava, pakora, puri & all kinds of milk preparations, such as sweet rice, rabri, sweetballs, sandesa, rasagulla & laddu, and invite the learned brahmanas who can chant the Vedic hymns & offer oblations to the fire"
- Krsna said, "Some of you (the gopis) must have babies by this time, although you are very young. You must have left your small babies at home, and they must be crying. Please immediately go back home and just feed them with your breast milk"
- Krsna takes these, these patram puspam phalam toyam, grains, food grains, and milk and vegetables and fruits. So we prepare hundreds of items with these things. You can do that. And they are all delicious and full of vitamins
- Krsna used to give cows in charity to the brahmanas, with opulent decorations and paraphernalia. Then, wishing for the welfare of all living entities, He would touch auspicious articles such as milk, honey, ghee (clarified butter), gold, jewels and fire
- Learned scholar say, "when Mother Yasoda, the beloved wife of Nanda Maharaj, saw Him (Krsna). Immediately the milk began to flow from her breasts, soaking her body"
- Live a simple life. Take a little milk and food grains, chant Hare Krishna and worship Sri Sri Radha Krishna deity, that's all. That will make you perfect
- Lord Gopinatha became well known as Ksiracora, the thief who stole condensed milk
- Lord Krsna, as boy, was taking the cows, the calves, in the fields. They are grazing here and there, and coming back they're giving milk
- Madhavendra Puri went to Vrndavana alone, and Krsna, on the pretext of giving him milk, granted him an audience
- Milk touched by the lips of a serpent has poisonous effects; similarly, talks about Krsna given by a non-Vaisnava are also poisonous. One must be a bona fide devotee, and then he can preach and impress devotional service upon his listeners
- Mother Yasoda returned to the churning place after setting the overflowing milk pan in order. She saw the broken pot, in which the churning yogurt had been kept. Since she could not find her boy (Krsna), she concluded that the broken pot was His work
- Mother Yasoda took her son on her lap and pushed the nipple of her breast into His mouth, and while Krsna was sucking the milk, she was smiling, enjoying the beauty of her child's face. Suddenly, the milk which was on the stove began to boil over
- Mother Yasoda was so affectionate toward her son that as soon as she came out to call Him back home, her breasts filled up with milk. She loudly cried, "My dear child, please come back home. Your time for lunch is already past"
- My dear friend, Krsna and Balarama are passing through the forest leading Their cows with Their cowherd boyfriends. They both carry ropes with which, at the time of milking, They bind the rear legs of the cows
- On Krsna’s word, Nanda Maharaja at once called for the cowherd men and asked them to collect milk and all kinds of milk products to present to the King in the ceremony
- One of the friends of Mother Yasoda continues, "On the one hand, there is your child who is always captivated by sucking the milk from your breast, and on the other hand there is the great Govardhan Hill which can obstruct the passing of the clouds"
- One of them (the gopis) had just collected milk and put it in a milk pan on the stove to boil, but she did not care whether the milk overboiled and spilled - she immediately left to go see Krsna
- People worship Krsna and offer food with great reverence and devotion, but automatically He sucked the milk from the body of Putana
- Putana came to kill Krsna, but because He sucked her milk, she was immediately purified, and her dead body attained a transcendental quality
- Putana planned to kill Krsna. Krsna accepted the poisonous breasts of that demonic woman, and when He sucked the milk from her, He sucked out her life also. Nonetheless Putana was elevated to the same position as Krsna's own mother
- Putana was accepted by Krsna as one of His mothers because she came to take Krsna on her lap and offer her breast milk to be sucked by Him. That is considered to be another reason He closed His eyes: He had to kill a nurse or mother
- She was thus constantly engaged in supplying milk to Krsna after wetting the covering cloth over the jug
- Similarly, Mother Yasoda felt frustration when she thought, "Although I have millions of cows, the milk of these cows could not satisfy Krsna"
- Some of them (ladies) were in the bathroom taking their baths, but without properly finishing their baths, they went to see Krsna and Balarama. Some were engaged in feeding their children breast milk, but they put their babies aside and went to see them
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Madhavendra Puri was so fortunate that Krsna personally appeared before him on the plea of delivering milk. Three times the Lord gave orders to Madhavendra Puri in dreams"
- The beloved consorts of Lord Krsna are of three kinds: the goddesses of fortune, the queens, and the milkmaids of Vraja, who are the foremost of all. These consorts all proceed from Radhika
- The cowherd girls saw all of the water of the Yamuna River turn into milk, so they began to churn it into butter. In other words, by the spreading of Krsna consciousness, or the glories of Krsna, everything became white and pure
- The cows, being fed by new grasses, became very healthy, and their milk bags were all very full. When Lord Krsna called them by name, they immediately came to Him out of affection, and in their joyful condition the milk flowed from their bags
- The elder gopis said, "Sometimes They steal butter, yogurt & milk & distribute them to the monkeys. When the monkeys are well fed & do not take any more, then your boys chide," 'This milk & butter and yogurt are useless - even the monkeys won't take it'
- The elder gopis said, "when we go to milk the cows, we find no milk, and we have to return with empty pots. If we warn Krsna and Balarama about doing this, They simply smile so charmingly that we cannot do anything"
- The end of her (mother Yasoda's) sari was tightly wrapped while she churned, and on account of her intense love for her son, milk automatically dripped from her breasts, which moved as she labored very hard, churning with two hands
- The gopis are so fortunate that they can see and think of Krsna twenty-four hours a day, beginning from their milking the cows or husking the paddy or churning the butter in the morning
- The gopis saw that the cows were hearing the sweet songs vibrated by Krsna's flute and were appearing to be drinking the nectar of these transcendental sounds. The calves were stunned, and they forgot to drink the milk from the milk bags
- The great reservoir of pleasure, Lord Sri Krsna, thus thought to Himself, "Mother Yasoda first of all left without feeding Me sufficient milk, and therefore I broke the pot of yogurt and distributed the stock butter in charity to the monkeys"
- The milk from the breasts of Devaki was transcendental nectar because the same milk had been sucked by Lord Krsna
- The mothers immediately took Krsna upon their laps, and because of their parental affection, there was milk flowing out of their breasts
- The mothers of the boys heard the vibration of their flutes before their entrance, and to receive them, they came out of their homes and embraced them. Out of maternal affection, milk was flowing from their breasts
- The mothers, after embracing their son (Krsna), sat Him on their laps. Due to pure affection, milk sprang from their breasts. They were overwhelmed with delight, and the tears from their eyes wetted the Lord
- The nurse Ambika fed Lord Krsna with her breast milk
- The result of understanding these signs (a bucket full of water, an empty bucket, a cow being milked alongside its calf) is that one can foretell events, and Krsna and Balarama learned the science
- The surabhi cow said, "O Supersoul of the universe, let us bathe You (Krsna) with our milk, for You are our Indra. O Lord, You appear just to diminish the burden of impure activities on the earth"
- Then the surabhi cow bathed Krsna with her milk, and Indra bathed Him with the water of the celestial Ganges through the trunk of his carrier elephant
- There is a similar statement in the Lalita-madhava, "How wonderful it is that Yasoda, the wife of King Nanda, out of her parental fection for Krsna, mixed her tears and the milk from her breasts and thus bathed her dear son Krsna"
- Therefore Lord Krsna is the original cause of the cosmic manifestation. Prakrti is like the nipples on the neck of a goat, for they cannot give any milk
- These (Krsna milking a bull instead of a cow) are some of the instances of insanity or madness in connection with the love affairs of Radha and Krsna
- This was my dream, that a place should be there where we can get all nice foods, best foods, of milk. Krsna is fulfilling our desire
- We should understand that He will not accept meat, fish and eggs. Vegetables, grains, fruits, milk and water are the proper foods for human beings and are prescribed by Lord Krsna Himself
- When Akrura entered Vrndavana, he saw Krsna and Balarama engaged in supervising the milking of the cows. Krsna was dressed in yellow garments and Balarama in bluish
- When all the wives of Vasudeva were present in the arena of Kamsa, they saw the most pleasing bodily features of Krsna, and immediately, out of parental affection, milk began to flow from their breasts, and the lower parts of their saris became wet
- When Krsna performs His childish pastimes, His general practice is to break the milk and yogurt pots, throw the yogurt in the courtyard and steal the cream from the milk
- When Krsna returned from the forest of Vrndavana, Mother Yasoda was so emotional from seeing her son that milk began to flow from her breasts. This is an instance of emotion caused by seeing a dear object
- When Lord Krsna was at Vrndavana even the cows would become moistened by affection towards Him, and He would draw milk from the nipples of every affectionate living being, so what to speak of the stepmothers who were already as good as His own mother
- When many very great sages were offering prayers to Lord Krsna, glorifying His activities, the Queen of Gokula, Mother Yasoda, entered the battlefield of Kuruksetra, wetting the lower part of her sari with the milk flowing from her breast
- When the butter and milk were kept in a dark room, Krsna and Balarama would go there and make the place bright with the valuable jewels on Their bodies. On the whole, Krsna and Balarama engaged in stealing butter and milk
- When the milk and curd are kept high on a swing hanging from the ceiling and Krsna and Balarama cannot reach it, They arrange to reach it by piling up various planks and turning upside down the mortar for grinding spices
- When Uddhava was present at Vrndavana and was narrating the activities of Krsna in Dvaraka, Mother Yasoda, while hearing this narration, began to pour milk from her breasts and shed tears from her eyes
- When You (Krsna) return home, the milk flowing out of the breasts of Your mother washes Your face of its dust covering, and it appears that You are purified by this milk
- While Krsna & Balarama & Their friends were eating, they watched the cows, calves & bulls. The cows appeared to be a little tired from standing with their heavy milk bags. By sitting and chewing grass, they became happy, and Krsna was pleased to see them
- Yasoda once was nursing her child Krsna & patting Him with great affection, there streamed a profuse supply of milk from her breast, & when she opened the mouth of the child with her fingers, she suddenly saw the universal manifestation within His mouth
- Yasoda thought, "I am now unable to smell the head of my child (Krsna) and feed Him with my breast milk as I used to do when He was here in Vrndavana"