Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Krsna and His Devotees
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
- ► God and His Devotees (157 C, 9 P)
Pages in category "Krsna and His Devotees"
The following 129 pages are in this category, out of 129 total.
- A demon always tries to measure the opulence of Krsna, whereas a devotee never tries to measure His strength and opulence but always surrenders unto Him and worships Him
- A devotee absorbed in ecstatic emotion for Krsna always resides in a place where Krsna's pastimes were performed
- A devotee has no vision in his life other than Krsna
- A devotee in an immature position of devotional service may, if offered great opulence, fall from his position due to being in the material world, the Lord (Krsna) does not offer opulence to him
- A devotee in love, wants to love Krsna in His original form
- A devotee is to offer to Krsna foodstuffs prepared from vegetables. If the Supreme Lord wanted foodstuffs prepared from animal food, the devotee could offer this, but He does not order to do that
- A devotee once said, "My dear Lord Krsna, may Your challenger, Sridama, become glorious for his chivalrous activities, such as vibrating like a thunder cloud and roaring like a lion. May all glories go to Sridama's chivalrous activities!"
- A devotee once told Krsna: "My dear Krsna, O killer of all demons, Maharaj Yudhisthira, the eldest son of Maharaj Pandu, has performed all kinds of sacrifices just to please You"
- A devotee sees that how Krsna, Kesava, is cheating these rascals. The devotee can understand. But the demons, they think, "Oh, we have got a nice leader. He does not believe in God"
- A devotee who is under the protection of Krsna is automatically situated as a brahmana, and such a brahmana is not illusioned. This is factual
- A devotee's only lovable object is Krsna
- A devotee's transcendental love for Krsna is increased, and his combined feelings are called reverential devotion
- Although Jambavan was a devotee by nature, he did not know that his opponent was Krsna while giving service to the Lord by his bodily strength
- Although Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and is therefore not partial to anyone, it is stated in the Bhagavad-gita that He has special attraction for a devotee who worships His name in love and affection
- Another devotee said, "I have never met Krsna, so I request you to please arrange for my meeting Him immediately"
- Another gopi said, "Dear Krsna, actually we have become very lusty, having been touched by Your lotus feet. Your lotus feet certainly kill all kinds of sinful activities of devotees who have taken shelter there"
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, Krsna is so beautiful that the goddess of fortune always remains on His chest, and He is always adorned with a golden necklace. Beautiful Krsna plays His flute in order to enliven the hearts of many devotees"
- Another group consists of devotees who are dealing with Krsna on friendly terms; and the third group consists of those who are dealing with Krsna as His superior, with parental affection
- Arjuna confirmed that Krsna is the maintainer and the object of worship for the devotees and the destroyer of the undesirables
- As far as a devotee is concerned, he is not eager to see the universal form, but because Arjuna wanted to see Krsna in this way, Krsna reveals this form
- As soon as a devotee sees something - be it movable or inert - he immediately remembers Krsna. An advanced devotee is advanced in knowledge. This knowledge is very natural to a devotee
- At that age (of youth), Krsna is full with all transcendental qualities and is engaged in His transcendental pastimes. Therefore, devotees have accepted the beginning of His youth as the most attractive feature in ecstatic love
- Because Krsna is the ultimate form of the Lord (krsnas tu bhagavan svayam), it is best to hear about Lord Krsna's name, form and pastimes from a realized devotee who is particularly attracted by the form of Lord Krsna
- Bhagavad-gita is not meant for anyone else except the devotee. Bhagavan Sri Krsna could explain this Bhagavad-gita to the jnanis, to the yogis, to the karmis. But why He selected Arjuna?
- Both the Lord and His devotees are liberated. They are on the same platform, the only difference being that the Lord is the master and the devotees are servants
- By bugling with the conchshell and offering blessings with the lotus flower, He (Krsna) always assures the devotees that no one can vanquish them, even in the greatest calamity
- By killing the demons and giving protection to the devotees, Lord Krsna established the real religious principle, which is simply love of God
- By this incident Krsna proved that those who are Krsna conscious devotees will not be lacking material enjoyment of sense gratification
- Dasya-rasa is the basic relationship between Krsna and His devotees; therefore it is considered to be the first stage of transcendental devotional service
- Devotees are able to take the Supreme, the complete sunshine of Krsna, it is not the partiality of the sun or Krsna, but it is the capacity of the person who can take full advantage of the sunshine. One should come out of the darkness
- Devotees at Vrndavana try to serve the gopis, namely Radharani and Her associates. If one gains the favor of the gopis, he easily gains the favor of Krsna because on the recommendation of the gopis Krsna at once accepts the service of a devotee
- Devotees engaged in servitude are attached to Krsna in the affection of reverence. Some of the inhabitants of Gokula (Vrndavana as exhibited on earth) are attached to Krsna on this platform of affection in reverence
- Devotees pray that if simply by offering something as an enemy Putana got so much benefit, then who can measure the benefit of worshiping Krsna in love and affection? Therefore only Krsna should be worshiped, for so much benefit awaits the worshiper
- Devotees sometimes pray, "Let us offer our respectful obeisances unto the vayasyas of Krsna, who are firmly convinced of Krsna's friendship and protection and whose devotion to Krsna is ever-fixed"
- Devotees try to understand Krsna, but not on the principle that they will be able to understand Krsna fully
- Devotees who are correctly situated in a transcendental relationship with Krsna are attracted by loving features, not by a godless display of opulences
- Devotees whose tongues are decorated always with prayers to Lord Krsna are always given respect even by the great saintly persons and sages, and such devotees are actually worshipable by the demigods
- Devotees, having no shelter other than the Supreme Personality of Godhead, naturally cry to Him (Krsna) for help, exactly like children who do not know anything but the protection of their parents
- Devotional service is so strong that one is attracted to Krsna even from the platform of Brahman worship. The Lord awards the devotee the perfection of a spiritual body, and he eternally engages in the transcendental service of Krsna
- Devotional service reciprocated between the Lord and His devotee is an exhibition of the transcendental pleasure potency of the Lord
- Even if they are illusioned by some ghastly scene or by any accidental occurrence, devotees never forget Krsna. Even in the greatest danger they can remember Krsna
- Exchange in loving reciprocation between the lover and the beloved is generally called krsna-bhakti-rasa, the transcendental taste of exchanging loving sentiments between the devotee and the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He (Krsna) sends some devotee in the garb of enemy and Krsna comes here to fight with him. At the same time, to teach us that becoming enemy, enemy of Krsna is not very profitable. Better become friend. That will be profitable
- He (Maharaj Yudhisthira) only desired to please Krsna and was therefore called the best of the devotees. He was always merged in the ocean of loving service
- His (Krsna's) exceptional joking abilities, exhibited sometimes by His pretending to be a royal prince, or even the Supreme Personality of Godhead, also give impetus to devotees developing love for Krsna in friendship
- His mission was to give protection to the devotees and to kill the demoniac kings. Therefore He (Krsna) killed many hundreds and thousands of demons. Some of them He killed personally, and some were killed by Arjuna, who was deputed by Krsna
- I am (Krsna) anxious not only for the gopis but for anyone who sacrifices society, friendship, love and personal comforts for Me. It is My duty to protect such exalted devotees
- If a devotee wants to worship Krsna in conjugal love, Krsna perfectly plays the part of a husband or paramour
- If I (Lord Krsna) especially favor a devotee and especially wish to care for him, the first thing I do is take away his riches
- If Krsna is equal to everyone and no one is His special friend, then why does He take a special interest in the devotees who are always engaged in His transcendental service?
- If the devotee has faith in the strength of this order, he worships Lord Krsna and gives up all other activities
- If the devotee offers something to the Lord (Krsna), it acts for his own interest because whatever a devotee offers the Lord comes back in a quantity a million times greater than what was offered
- In other words, because of the scorching heat, the swans are leaving the lakes. This metaphor is used to describe the condition of the devotees separated from Krsna
- Krsna actually appears for the deliverance of the sadhus, or bhaktas, but by killing the demons He shows them mercy also, for anyone killed by Krsna is liberated. Whether the Lord kills or gives protection, He is kind to both the demons and the devotee
- Krsna addressed Balarama, "The two of Us have descended to this earth just to annihilate such unnecessary bellicose forces and give protection to the pious devotees. So we have the opportunity to fulfill Our mission. Please let Us execute it"
- Krsna and His unalloyed devotees cannot be separated, and therefore glorifying the devotee means glorifying the Lord and vice versa
- Krsna becomes obliged to the loving spirit of the devotee and not exactly to the service rendered
- Krsna can illusion even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, and He can protect all surrendered devotees from the reaction of sinful activities. These are some of the examples of His inconceivable potencies
- Krsna can provide anything and everything within a moment, but He waits to test a devotee. And when the devotee comes out successful from the test, He gives him all opportunity for devotional service
- Krsna continued, "My dear friends, do not think for a moment that I have been dealing with you (the gopis) as I do with ordinary devotees. I know what you are"
- Krsna continued, "Without caring for social convention and religious obligations, you (the gopis) have come to Me and loved Me, and I am so much obliged to you that I cannot treat you as ordinary devotees
- Krsna has many types of devotees - some are servants, some are friends, some are parents, and some are conjugal lovers
- Krsna has unlimited qualities. The devotees are attracted by His uncommon beauty, mellows and fragrance. Thus they are differently situated in the different transcendental mellows. Therefore Krsna is called all-attractive
- Krsna is always remembered, and His name is always chanted by millions of devotees, but the devotees never become saturated
- Krsna is open to everyone, but not to all others, only to the devotee
- Krsna is the maintainer and the object of worship for the devotees and the destroyer of the undesirables. His actions are equally good for all
- Krsna manifests His eternal humanlike form and performs His pastimes to show mercy to the devotees. Having heard such pastimes, one should engage in service to Him
- Krsna responds to the proportion of the devotee's affection for Him
- Krsna said, "If a devotee offers Me the most insignificant things a little flower, a little piece of leaf, a little water but saturates the offering in devotional love, then not only do I gladly accept such an offering, but I eat it with great pleasure"
- Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita, tesam satata-yuktanam yoga-ksemam vahamy aham: "A devotee who is engaged always in My service, I look after, how his necessities of life will be fulfilled"
- Krsna says to Uddhava as follows, "My dear Uddhava, the devotees who have completely taken shelter of My service are so steadfast in devotional service that they have no other desire"
- Krsna showed the nature of a small baby and closed His eyes, as if to avoid the face of Putana. This closing of the eyes is interpreted and studied in different ways by the devotees
- Krsna told Narada, "Dear sage, now you can declare to the devotees & to the nondevotees in particular, that in this matter of taking the parijata flower, all the demigods tried to defeat Me, but none could make Me break My promise to My queen"
- Krsna tries to taste His own sweetness, but He cannot do so without accepting the emotions of a devotee
- Krsna's dealings with devotees and with nondevotees, although different, are equally good. Because Krsna is all-good, His dealings with everyone are always good
- Krsna's inimical actions are not displays of enmity toward His so-called enemies, but in the material field one thinks that He is favorable to devotees and unfavorable to nondevotees
- Krsna's pastimes means there must be devotees; otherwise, with whom Krsna will play? Krsna does not play with any other one unless they are devotees
- Krsna, Syamasundara, expands Himself by His plenary portion, and thus a devotee can always see Him within his heart
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead as the son of mother Yasoda, is very easily available to devotees, but not to tapasvis, yogis, jnanis and others who have a bodily concept of life
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, does not require any education, but He gives a chance to the goddess of learning to serve Him. Being self-sufficient, Krsna does not require the service of any living entity, although He has many devotees
- Kunti continued, "Even ordinary devotees who simply think of You (Krsna) are always immune to all kinds of material danger, and what to speak of ourselves, who are personally remembered by You. So, my dear Krsna, there is no question of bad luck"
- Kunti continued, "The fact is that although You (Krsna) are equal to everyone, You are especially inclined to the devotees who always think of You. The devotees are related to You by ties of love. As such, they cannot forget You even for a moment"
- Kunti continued, "You (Krsna) are present in everyone's heart, but because the devotees always remember You, You respond accordingly. Although the mother has affection for all the children, she takes special care of the one who is fully dependent"
- Lord Krsna answered the question of Maharaja Yudhisthira as follows, "If I especially favor a devotee and especially wish to care for him, the first thing I do is take away his riches"
- Lord Krsna thought: "By hearing about the pure love of the residents of Vraja, devotees will worship Me on the path of spontaneous love, abandoning all rituals of religiosity and fruitive activity”
- Lord Siva said, "As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, You (Krsna) appear in order to protect the devotees, and thus Your appearance indicates good fortune for all the universe"
- Lord Siva said, "Only the devotees can realize You (Krsna), and no one else"
- Love does not mean "I love myself" and meditate upon love. No. There must be another person, lover. Therefore dvaitavada. As soon as you come to the bhakti school, there must be dvaitavada: two - Krsna and Krsna's devotee
- Many devotees have tried to make adjustments to Krsna's being away from Vrndavana because, according to expert opinion, Krsna, the original Supreme Personality of Godhead, never goes even a step out of Vrndavana
- May Lord Sri Krsna, who is the worshipable Lord of all devotees, the protector and glory of all the kings like Andhaka and Vrsni of the Yadu dynasty, the husband of all goddesses of fortune be merciful upon me
- Mayavadis think that the devotees have imagined the form of Krsna, but the authentic Vedic scriptures have actually described Krsna and His various transcendental forms
- Measures like suicide are causes for sin. A devotee never achieves shelter at Krsna's lotus feet by such actions
- On the platform of sakhya-rasa, the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna is controlled by the devotees who are intimate with Him and think themselves equal to Him
- On the sakhya-rasa platform, the devotee sometimes offers the Lord service and sometimes makes Krsna serve him in exchange
- One devotee exclaimed, "How wonderful is the personal feature of Lord Krsna! How His neck is just like a conchshell! His eyes are so beautiful, as though they themselves are encountering the beauty of a lotus flower"
- One devotee praised the bodily features of Krsna when he saw the Lord in His manifested personal feature
- One devotee said, "Certainly all the pastimes of such incarnations are exciting to my mind, but still, the pastimes of the rasa-lila performed by Lord Krsna Himself are wonderfully increasing my transcendental pleasure"
- One devotee said, "Dear Krsna, if You had not appeared on this planet, then the asuras and atheists would have surely created havoc against the activities of the devotees. I cannot imagine the magnitude of such devastation prevented by Your presence"
- One devotee said, "My dear Krsna, when You order Brahma - 'Now you may create the universe,' - and when You order Lord Siva - 'Now you dissolve this material manifestation,' - You are in this way creating and dissolving the material creation Yourself
- One devotee tried to console a kadamba tree when the tree was lamenting because Krsna had not touched even its shadow
- One householder devotee once said, "My Lord (Krsna), I am so wretched that these two eyes are never desiring to see the glorious city of Mathura. Therefore, my eyes are actually condemned"
- One must try to understand Krsna by devotional service and from a devotee. Therefore Yudhisthira Maharaja was quite right in wanting to learn further about Prahlada Maharaja from Sri Narada Muni
- One who explains the supreme secret to the devotees is the most dear to Krsna and never will there be one more dear
- One who is deeply in love with Krsna cannot tolerate separation from the Lord. Therefore such a devotee always desires his own death
- Real love of Krsna becomes manifested when Krsna becomes the recipient of charity and the devotee becomes the giver
- Rukminidevi said, "My dear Lord Krsna, Your transcendental glories are chanted by great sages who are free from material contamination, and in exchange for such glorification You are so kind that You freely distribute Yourself to such devotees"
- Since Krsna gives this assurance, the devotee lives in Krsna and has no desire for personal benefit. The background for the devotee is the all-good Himself
- Since Lord Krsna was very merciful toward these two devotees, King Bahulasva and the brahmana Srutadeva, He one day asked His driver, Daruka, to take His chariot into the capital city of Mithila
- So this eagerness to have Krsna, that eagerness is even impossible. It is simply happened by the mercy of Krsna and His devotee
- Srutadeva said, "You (Krsna) are present to everyone, but the nondevotee feels You as ultimate cruel death, whereas for a devotee You are the supreme instructor and philosopher"
- The devotee prays, "Simply by their beautiful attractive features they are worshiping the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna"
- The devotee said, "My dear kadamba tree, do not be worried. Just after defeating the Kaliya snake in the Yamuna River, Krsna will come and satisfy your desire." This is an instance of inappropriate hopelessness in ecstatic love for Krsna
- The devotee should always think of Krsna within himself and should choose a very dear devotee who is a servitor of Krsna in Vrndavana
- The devotee's prayer continues, "You (Krsna) are so beautiful and attractive that my mind does not want anything else besides this wonderful form"
- The devotee's prayer continues, "You (Krsna) broke the box containing yogurt, and because of that Mother Yasoda considered You an offender and tied You with rope to the household grinding mortar"
- The devotees and the Lord are interlinked, and they cannot be separated. Therefore talks about them are all krsna-katha, or topics of the Lord
- The devotees of Vrndavana are also spontaneous lovers. They are not required to strictly follow regulative principles because they are already naturally developed in transcendental love for Krsna
- The devotees said, "My dear Krsna, O friend of the Pandus, as the swan loves to dive into the water amongst the lily flowers and would die if he were taken from the water, so we only wish to be with You"
- The devotees try to understand Krsna, but not on the principle that they will be able to understand Krsna fully at any specific time or in any state of life
- The devotees who have a relationship with Krsna are like the swans and cakravaka birds who play in that forest of lotus flowers
- The exchange of spiritual happiness between Krsna and His devotee in which Krsna is controlled by His devotee is compared to an ocean of nectar into which the devotee and Krsna plunge
- The exhibition of this vatsalya-rasa standard of devotional service can be found in the dealings of Krsna with His devotees who represent themselves as superior personalities like father, mother and teacher
- The Lord and His very confidential devotees are treated on the same level by those who are actually engaged in the loving service of the Lord
- The object of basic ecstatic love is Krsna and His devotee. Lord Krsna is the object of basic ecstatic love, and His pure devotee, a reservoir of such love, is the object of impetuous ecstatic love
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead puts His devotee in distress, it is not without purpose. Sometimes the purpose is that in distress a devotee’s feelings of attachment to Krsna are magnified
- With any devotee who loves Krsna with his heart and soul, Krsna reciprocates in such a way that the devotee cannot but remain attached to Him