Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Krsna and Bhakti
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God and Bhakti (1 C, 3 P)
Pages in category "Krsna and Bhakti"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Bhagavad-gita is bhakti-yogam: to understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead. So this literature is also transcendental. Bhakti is also transcendental. Bhakti is not any activities of this material world. Bhakti is activity in relationship with Krsna
- By devotional service to Krsna and the spiritual master, then bhakti science becomes revealed. Without revelation, nobody can understand bhakti science, and without understanding bhakti science, nobody can understand Krsna
- By the mercy of the guru and Krsna, one receives the seed of bhakti. This association saves a devotee from the greatest fear
- I am speaking to you; this is also kirtanam. And you are hearing; this is bhakti. Sravanam kirtanam, about Krsna. The chanting, dancing about Krsna, this is bhakti
- If you satisfy a pure devotee of Krsna, he can give you Krsna like this, "Take it." Vedesu durlabham adurlabham atma-bhaktau. Bhakta can do that. Bhaktya mam abhijanati. You come through bhakta or come through bhakti
- If you take the lift of bhakti, then immediately you come in contact with Krsna directly, instead of going by step by step by step
- In our conditional state, our senses are engaged in serving these bodily demands. When the same senses are engaged in executing the order of Krsna, our activities are called bhakti
- It is only on the bhakti platform that one can understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna and His transcendental name, form, qualities, pastimes and entourage
- Kamsa was liberated. Although he was unfavorably Krsna conscious, but he was thinking of Krsna. Hiranyakasipu, he was also thinking of Krsna. But unfavorably. So that is not bhakti. We must think of Krsna favorably
- Karma is serving one's sense gratification. And bhakti is serving Krsna's sense gratification
- Krsna has no hunger. Even if He is hungry, He can fulfill it Himself. He doesn't require your help. But He accepts your foodstuff because you offer Him with bhakti. That is the main thing
- Krsna is not interested with your foodstuff. Krsna is interested with your bhakti
- Krsna says, "All are pursuing the path of realizing Me, but those who have adopted courses without any bhakti find their endeavor very troublesome." Krsna cannot be understood unless one comes to the point of bhakti
- One who takes to devotional service, even with some material motive, is considered pious, and because he has come to Krsna, he will gradually come to the stage of bhakti
- Only bhakti can bring one in contact with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The Supreme Personality of Godhead appeared from the womb of Devaki, and therefore Devaki symbolically represents bhakti, and Kamsa symbolically represents material fear
- Only the bhakti process is said to be definitive. Bhaktya mam abhijanati. This is the conclusive statement of the Vedas, and one has to accept this process if one is serious in searching for Krsna
- Similarly, as a result of bhakti, one's dormant love for Krsna awakens. When one is so situated that he can taste the association of Lord Krsna, material existence, the repetition of birth and death, comes to an end
- Simply to understand Krsna is liberation. And that is also explained. What is that tattva? How one can understand tattvatah, that is explained by Krsna. Bhaktya mam abhijanati yavan yas casmi tattvatah. That tattva is bhakti, not karma, jnana, yoga
- The conjugal love of the gopis is the most exalted devotional service, surpassing all other methods of bhakti. Therefore Lord Krsna is obliged to say, 'My dear gopis, I cannot repay you. Indeed, I am always indebted to you'
- The gopis of Vrndavana who are attached to Krsna in conjugal love can increase their ecstatic love up to the point of mahabhava, the greatest ecstatic love. These are some of the glorious meanings of the word 'bhakti'
- This is the difference bhakti and karma. Karma means to fulfill my desires, and bhakti means to fulfill Krsna's desires
- When you apply your senses for satisfaction of Krsna, then it is called bhakti. And when your senses are engaged in the service of Krsna it cannot be engaged otherwise. Otherwise the sense will be engaged in the sense objects
- When you come to the bhakti platform, that is simply to satisfy Krsna. In the material platform, everyone is to satisfy his own whims. That is a different thing