Krsna As The Son of Nanda
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Krsna As The Son of Nanda"
The following 179 pages are in this category, out of 179 total.
- A gopi once said to Krsna: "My dear son of Nanda Maharaj, by the sound of Your flute Srimati Radharani has become full of lamentation and fear, and thus, with faltering voice, She is crying like a kurobi bird"
- A learned scholar, therefore, cannot understand the gopis' ecstatic feelings, which are firmly fixed upon the original form of Lord Krsna as the son of Nanda Maharaja
- Absorbed in the ecstasy of the gopis, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu wished to see Lord Jagannatha in His original form as Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, standing in Vrndavana and appearing very beautiful, His body curved in three places
- Actually My (Lord Caitanya's) body does not have a fair complexion. It only appears so because it has touched the body of Srimati Radharani. However, She does not touch anyone but the son of Nanda Maharaja
- After giving up the company of the gopis in Vrndavana, Sri Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, engaged in His pastimes at Dvaraka. When Krsna went to Kuruksetra with His brother and sister and others from Dvaraka, He again met the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- After hearing the vibration of a flute, I went to Vrndavana, and there I saw that Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, was playing on His flute in the pasturing grounds
- After seeing Krsna, Jarati cried very loudly, addressing all the residents of Vrndavana to inform them that this son of King Nanda was setting fire to the household life of her daughter-in-law
- Akrura should not have been so merciless but should have taken compassion on them. The gopis went on to say, "The most astonishing feature is that Krsna, the son of Nanda, without consideration, has already seated Himself on the chariot"
- Another gopi said, "Dear Krsna, dear friend, we know very well that You are not actually the son of mother Yasoda or the cowherd man Nanda Maharaja. You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the Supersoul of all living entities"
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, just see the deer! Although they are dumb animals, they have approached the son of Maharaja Nanda, Krsna"
- Another one of the friends of Nanda Maharaja said, "My dear Nanda, we do not know why we are so attracted by your son Krsna. We want to forget Him, but this is impossible. Why are we so naturally affectionate toward Him"
- As a boy, He (Krsna) was playing the part of a cowboy. As the son of Nanda Maharaja, He discharged responsibility perfectly
- As soon as they (the cowherd boys) saw Krsna coming toward them, they one after another embraced the son of Nanda and held Him to their chests. After this, they assembled all the calves under their charge and began to return home
- As the son of Maharaja Nanda, Lord Krsna is by nature the paragon of kisora (youth). He chooses to exhibit His pastimes at that age
- At such times He would be greatly morose and would cry, "Alas, where is Vrndavana? Where is Krsna, the son of the King of the cowherd men? Where is that person who plays the flute"
- At the request of the mother, He (Krsna) became like a human child and at once left her for another devotee at Gokula, where He was accepted as the son of Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda Mata
- Because of Kamsa's atrocities, Garga Muni tried to avoid disclosing this fact (that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead), but he indirectly informed Nanda Maharaja that Krsna, his son, was the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Brahma said, "Let me offer my respectful repeated obeisances unto the son of Maharaja Nanda, who is standing before me with conchshell earrings and a peacock feather on His head. His face is beautiful"
- Brahma said, "Persons with a poor fund of knowledge may think that because You are the son of Maharaja Nanda You are not the original person, that You are born just like a human being. They are mistaken"
- Brahma said, "You are the actual original person; that is my conclusion. In spite of Your being the son of Nanda, You are the original person, and there is no doubt about it. You are the Absolute Truth, and You are not of this material darkness"
- Charity is generally given to high-class brahmanas, but Krsna and Balarama did not appear in a brahmana family. Balarama was known as the son of Vasudeva, a ksatriya, and Krsna was known in Vrndavana as the son of Nanda Maharaja, who was a vaisya
- Childhood and boyhood are the typical ages of the Deity. Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, performed His pastimes as a child and as a boy
- Devaki and Rohini said, "Actually They are not our sons; They belong to you. Nanda Maharaja and you (Yasodadevi) are the real father and mother of Krsna and Balarama"
- Devotion to Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, is the essence of all knowledge, and wherever such knowledge is manifested is called Mathura. Also, when one establishes bhakti-yoga, excluding all other methods, one's situation is called Mathura
- Finally the Lord showed Nityananda Prabhu His two-armed form of Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, simply playing on His flute, His bluish body dressed in yellow garments
- For many reasons, this beautiful son of yours (of Nanda's) sometimes appeared previously as the son of Vasudeva. Therefore, those who are learned sometimes call this child Vasudeva - SB 10.8.14
- For this son of yours (of Nanda's) there are many forms and names according to His transcendental qualities and activities. These are known to me (Garga Muni), but people in general do not understand them - SB 10.8.15
- Garga Muni convinced Nanda Maharaja that Narayana Himself had become his son (in the form of Krsna). In various ways he described the transcendental qualities of his son. After giving this information, Garga Muni returned to his home
- Garga Muni further hinted to Nanda Maharaja that his son would also be called Giridhari because of His uncommon pastime of lifting Govardhana Hill
- Garga Muni indirectly disclosed, This child was originally born as the son of Vasudeva, although He is acting as your child. Generally He is your (Nanda Maharaja's) child, but sometimes He is the son of Vasudeva
- Garga Muni informed Nanda that because he was a great devotee of Narayana, Narayana had given Nanda a son equal to Him. Garga Muni indicated that this son would be disturbed by so many demons and that Nanda should therefore be careful and protect Him
- Garga Muni said to Nanda Maharaja, you may designate your son with a similar name (to Lord Narayana), such as Mukunda or Madhusudana. But you must always remember that whenever you want to do something very good, there will be many hindrances
- Garga Muni said: My dear Nanda Maharaja, I am the priestly guide of the Yadu dynasty. This is known everywhere. Therefore, if I perform the purificatory process for your sons, Kamsa will consider Them the sons of Devaki - SB 10.8.7
- Garga Muni used the word sama, meaning "equal," because he wanted to treat Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead who had become Nanda Maharaja's son
- Garga Muni wanted to impress upon the mind of Nanda Maharaja, Your worshipable Deity, Narayana, is so pleased with you that He has sent you a son almost equal to Him in qualifications
- Gaurasundara here (in CC Madhya 8.288) informed Sri Ramananda Raya - My dear Ramananda Raya, you were actually seeing a separate person with a fair-complexioned body. Actually I am not fair. Being Sri Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, I am blackish
- He (Raktaka) wears yellow clothing, and his bodily color is just like newly-grown grass. He is very expert in singing and is always engaged in the service of the son of Maharaj Nanda
- He said, "Seeing the river Yamuna, I went to Vrndavana. There I saw the son of Nanda Maharaja performing His sporting pastimes in the water"
- Here is a great devotee, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said. "Upon seeing him, everyone can remember the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, son of Maharaja Nanda"
- His (Krsna's) birth in the family of King Yadu as the son of King Vasudeva and His transfer into the family of Nanda Maharaja in the land of Mathura are all transcendental arrangements made by the internal potency of the Lord
- His (Krsna's) transcendental body is composed of eternity, bliss and knowledge, and He is known as the son of Maharaja Nanda and the inhabitant of Goloka Vrndavana
- I shall relate the supreme meditation upon Lord Sri Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja. The tips of the toes of His lotus feet reflect the beauty of the bodies of unlimited millions of Cupids, and His bodily luster has never been seen or heard of anywhere
- In SB 10.8.45 it is said, "Lord Krsna, the SPG, who is worshiped with exalted hymns by all the Vedas & Upanisads & by great personalities through sankhya-yoga in the mode of goodness, was considered by mother Yasoda and Nanda to be their own little son"
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam the same Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna is described as Nanda-suta, the son of King Nanda
- In the Brahmanda Purana it is said, The same PG who is known in Vaikuntha as the four-handed Narayana, the friend of all living entities, and in the milk ocean as the Lord of Svetadvipa, and who is the best of all purusas, appeared as the son of Nanda
- In the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, Chapter Six, verse 43, it is stated, When magnanimous, broad-hearted Nanda Maharaja came back from a tour, he immediately took his son Krsna on his lap and experienced transcendental bliss by smelling His head
- In the two-handed form, as the cowherd son of Nanda Maharaja, Krsna fully exhibits His opulence, form, beauty, wealth, attractiveness and pastimes
- In Vedic literature the different colors assumed by the Personality of Godhead in different millenniums are stated, and therefore when Garga Muni said, "Your son has assumed these colors," he indirectly said, He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In Vraja, or Goloka Vrndavana, He (Krsna) is just like a young boy and is the son of Nanda Maharaja. His form, however, is eternal, full of bliss, and full of knowledge absolute. He is both the shelter of everything and the proprietor as well
- In Vrndavana, examples of devotees in fraternity are Sridama and Sudama; in Dvaraka the Lord's friends are Bhima and Arjuna, and in Vrndavana the devotees in parental love are mother Yasoda and father Nanda Maharaja
- It appears that Nanda Maharaja regularly took his food with his two sons, Krsna and Balarama. Yasoda told the other boys - Now you should go to your homes
- Just as Lord Krsna and Srimati Radharani are the object and shelter of the mellow of conjugal love, so, in the mellow of servitorship, Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, is the object, and servants like Citraka, Raktaka and Patraka are the shelter
- Just previously, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had been seeing Lord Jagannatha as Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, in person
- Kamsa said, "I request you to go immediately to Vrndavana and find the two boys named Krsna and Balarama. They are the sons of Nanda Maharaja. Take this nice chariot, especially prepared for the boys, and bring Them here immediately"
- Kaviraja Gosvami gives an accurate description of Lord Krsna, the SPG, by stating that although no one is equal to or greater than Him and He is the reservoir of all spiritual pleasure, He nevertheless appears as the son of Maharaja Nanda and Yasodamayi
- Krsna appeared as a foster son of Nanda Maharaja. And Krsna is very delighted when He is connected with some of His devotees names
- Krsna continued, "They (people) do not know whether I am a cowherd boy or a prince, whether I am the son of Nanda Maharaja or the son of Vasudeva"
- Krsna is bewildering my intelligence because, although He is unborn, He has appeared as the son of Nanda. He is all-pervading, but still He is held on the lap of Yasoda. In spite of His being all-pervasive, He has become limited by the love of Yasoda
- Krsna, identifying Himself as their (Nanda and Yasoda's) son, took charge of vaisya activities (krsi-go-raksya-vanijyam) - BG 18.44
- Krsna, out of love, appeared as the son of Nanda Maharaja
- Krsna, the original Supreme Personality of Godhead, indicated as the son of Maharaja Nanda, has two names. One is svayam bhagavan, and the other is lila-purusottama
- Krsna, the reservoir of all pleasure, is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, the supreme controller. No one is greater than or equal to Sri Krsna, yet He appears as the son of Maharaja Nanda
- Krsna, who was the father of Lord Brahma but who was acting as the son of a cowherd man, became like fire, burning the root of the demon's throat, and the demon Bakasura immediately disgorged Him - SB 10.11.50
- Lord Caitanya informed him (Sanatana Gosvami) that Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, is the Absolute Supreme Truth, the cause of all causes and the origin of all emanations and incarnations
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu prayed to Krsna: My dear son of Nanda, I do not want any material happiness in the shape of many followers, nor immense opulence in wealth, nor any beautiful wife, nor do I want cessation from material existence
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke, "My dear beautiful friend, if one develops love of Godhead, love of Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, all the bitter and sweet influences of this love will manifest in one's heart. Such love of Godhead acts in two ways"
- Lord Caitanya said: My dear Ramananda, I am not a different person with a fair complexion known as Gaurapurusa. I am the selfsame Krsna the son of Maharaja Nanda, and due to contact with the body of Srimati Radharani I have now assumed this form
- Lord Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, is advaya-jnana; in other words, there is no distinction between His body and His soul, for His existence is completely spiritual
- Lord Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, personally introduces the occupational duty of the Age of Kali. He personally chants and dances in ecstatic love, and thus the entire world chants congregationally
- Lord Krsna, the son of the King of Vraja, is the Supreme Lord. He eternally enjoys transcendental pastimes in His eternal abode, Goloka, which includes Vrajadhama
- Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who appeared as the son of Nanda Maharaja, is the supreme hero in all dealings. Similarly, Srimati Radharani is the topmost heroine in all dealings
- Mother Yasoda challenged Krsna, "If You have not eaten earth, then open Your mouth wide." When challenged by His mother in this way, Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda, to exhibit pastimes like a human child, opened His mouth - SB 10.8.36
- My dear beautiful friend, if one develops love of Godhead, love of Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, all the bitter and sweet influences of this love will manifest in one’s heart. Such love of Godhead acts in two ways
- My dear Uddhava, please hear me. In truth Krsna is my son, but even if you think that He is God, I would still bear toward Him my own feelings for my son. May my mind be attached to your Lord Krsna
- Nanda Maharaja & mother Yasoda, developed their unalloyed devotion for the S.P. of Godhead, having gotten Him as their son. And all the gopis and cowherd men who were associates of Krsna naturally developed their own different feelings of love for Krsna
- Nanda Maharaja also must have performed many great sacrifices and pious activities for Lord Krsna to become his son and address him as "father"
- Nanda Maharaja in Vraja, who in transcendental paternal love has no knowledge that his son is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, still ecstatic love makes him, what to speak of others, feel himself to be a servant of Lord Krsna
- Nanda Maharaja smiled to hear about the extraordinary abilities of his son. He came forward and untied the knot just to free his wonderful child. After being freed by Nanda Maharaja, Krsna was taken onto the laps of the elder gopis
- Nanda Maharaja was a big protector of cows, and Lord Sri Krsna, as the most beloved son of Nanda Maharaja, used to tend His father's animals in the neighboring forest. By His personal example Lord Krsna wanted to teach us the value of protecting cows
- Nanda Maharaja was thinking of Krsna's safety from the hands of demons like Putana and Sakatasura, and because he possessed such a son, he thought of himself as most fortunate
- Nanda Maharaja was very liberal and simple. He immediately took his son Krsna on his lap as if Krsna had returned from death, and by formally smelling his son's head, Nanda Maharaja undoubtedly enjoyed transcendental bliss - SB 10.6.43
- Nanda said, "And above all, I have a son like Krsna, who is such a powerful, wonderful worker. Therefore, even though I am a householder, I am feeling so satisfied!" This is an instance of mental endurance resulting from the absence of all distress
- Narada then said, "Yes, you (Nalakuvera and Manigriva) shall become trees, arjuna trees, and you will stand at the courtyard of Nanda Maharaj. But Krsna Himself will appear in time as the foster son of Nanda, and He will deliver you"
- Narottama dasa Thakura says that Balarama and the son of Maharaja Nanda have advented Themselves as Gaura-Nitai
- O mind, just worship the lotus feet of the son of Nanda, which make one fearless
- O My dear friend, that Krsna, who is the son of Nanda Maharaja and whose lips are exactly like nectar, is attracting My five senses by force
- O My Lord, O Krsna, son of Maharaja Nanda, I am Your eternal servant, but because of My own fruitive acts I have fallen into this horrible ocean of nescience. Now please be causelessly merciful to Me. Consider Me a particle of dust at Your lotus feet
- O river Yamuna, you are the blissful spiritual water that gives love to the son of Nanda Maharaja. You are the same as the water of the spiritual world, for you can vanquish all our offenses and the sinful reactions incurred in life
- O Sanatana, please hear about the eternal form of Lord Krsna. He is the Absolute Truth, devoid of duality but present in Vrndavana as the son of Nanda Maharaja
- On an altar made of gems in the principal temple of Vrndavana, amidst a forest of desire trees, Lord Govinda, the son of the King of Vraja, sits upon a throne of gems and manifests His full glory and sweetness, thus enchanting the entire world
- On that platform (visuddha-sattva) one can then understand, aradhyo bhagavan vrajesa-tanayas tad-dhama vrndavanam: “The Supreme Personality of Godhead, the son of Nanda Maharaja, is to be worshiped along with His transcendental abode, Vrndavana”
- On that throne sits the son of Nanda Maharaja, Sri Govindadeva, the transcendental Cupid
- One cannot achieve shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, simply by knowing His opulences
- One day, while Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was looking at Lord Jagannatha in the temple, Lord Jagannatha appeared to be personally Sri Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja
- One friend of Nanda, speaking about Krsna's auspicious bodily symptoms, said, "My dear King of the cowherds, I can find 32 auspicious symptoms on the body of your son! I am wondering how this boy could have taken his birth in the family of cowherd men"
- One of the gopis once said to her friend, "My dear beautiful friend, when Krsna, the son of Maharaj Nanda, was taking rest within the cave of a hill, He was keeping His head on the arms of Sridama, and He was putting His left hand on Dama's chest"
- One should simply understand that Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja in Vrndavana, the friend of the cowherd boys and lover of the gopis, is actually the original Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is attained by spontaneous love
- Out of the six vilasa manifestations of Krsna, there are two divisions based on His age, and these are called balya and pauganda. As the son of Nanda Maharaja, Krsna in His original form enjoys both of these childhood aspects - namely balya and pauganda
- Radharani did not express Her personal unhappiness at being separated from Krsna. She wanted to evoke Krsna's feelings for the condition of all the others in Vrndavana-dhama - mother Yasoda, Maharaja Nanda, the cowherd boys, the gopis, the birds and bees
- Ramananda Raya continued, "O brahmana, what pious activities did Nanda Maharaja perform by which he received the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna as his son"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "My dear Lord, You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda. All the Vedic literatures are vibrated through Your breathing"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu prayed: O Krsna, beloved son of Nanda Maharaja, I am Your eternal servant, but somehow or other I have fallen into this ocean of nescience, and although I am struggling very hard, there is no way I can save myself
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "'Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, is my life and soul.' By this statement I am sold into the hands of the descendants of Gunaraja Khan'"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to express His mind in this way: "Where is the Lord of My life, who is playing His flute? What shall I do now? Where should I go to find the son of Maharaja Nanda"
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura writes in his Anubhasya that in the opinion of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the govardhana-sila, the stone from Govardhana Hill, was directly the form of Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has sung in this connection, "My dear Lord Krsna, O son of Nanda Maharaja, You are now standing before me with Srimati Radharani, the daughter of King Vrsabhanu"
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura, also, prays like this, "My dear Lord, O son of Nanda Maharaja, associated with the daughter of Vrsabhanu, I have come to take shelter under Your lotus feet after suffering greatly in the material condition of life"
- Such activities (Krsna's) are very attractive, and He is sometimes called Giridhari, Madhusudana, Agha-nisudana and so on. Because He acted as the son of Nanda Maharaja, He is called Nanda-tanuja
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: Nanda Maharaja was naturally very magnanimous, and when Lord Sri Krsna appeared as his son, he was overwhelmed by jubilation - SB 10.5.1-2
- Sukadeva Gosvami say, "My dear King, when magnanimous Nanda Maharaj returned from a tour, he began to smell the head of his son, and he was merged in the ecstasy of parental love"
- That same Lord Krsna, the fountainhead of all incarnations, is known as the son of the King of Vraja. He has descended personally as Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The basis of all transcendental mellows is the hero and the heroine, and Srimati Radharani and Lord Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, are the best
- The Brahmana prayed, "As far as I am concerned, I wish only to worship Maharaj Nanda because the supreme absolute Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is crawling in his courtyard as his own child"
- The brahmanas are supposed to give blessings to the vaisyas (farming and merchant caste), and Krsna presented Himself as the son of Maharaj Nanda, a vaisya; so the brahmana boy was right in giving blessings to Krsna
- The demigods prayed - Sometimes You (Krsna) are called Giridhari because You lifted the hill known as Govardhana. You are sometimes called Nanda-nandana or Vasudeva or Devaki-nandana because You appear as the son of Maharaja Nanda or Devaki or Vasudeva
- The demigods said: Sometimes You (Krsna) are called Giridhari because You lifted the hill known as Govardhana. You are sometimes called Nandanandana or Vasudeva or Devakinandana because You appear as the son of Maharaja Nanda or Vasudeva or Devaki
- The demon quickly threw Krsna up and tried to kill Him by pinching Him in his beak. Bakasura did not know that although Krsna was playing the part of a child of Nanda Maharaja, He was still the original father of Lord Brahma, the creator of the universe
- The description of the gopis, who were going to the house of Maharaja Nanda to welcome Krsna, is especially significant
- The doorkeeper replied, "The son of Maharaja Nanda is here; please come along with me, and I shall show You"
- The former son of Nanda Maharaja is now Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and the former Baladeva, Krsna's brother, is now Nityananda Prabhu, the brother of Lord Caitanya
- The friend of Nanda Maharaja said, "O Nanda Maharaja, we are now in great doubt - your son Krsna must be one of the demigods. He is not at all an ordinary boy. Maybe He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- The girls prayed, "O supreme external energy of the Personality of Godhead, O supreme mystic power, O supreme controller of this material world, O goddess, please be kind to us and arrange for our marriage with the son of Nanda Maharaja, Krsna"
- The gopis are the best of all, for they have the privilege of serving Sri Krsna, the primeval Lord, the son of the King of Vraja
- The gopis continued, "They (these other footprints) are beside the footprints of the son of Maharaja Nanda. It is certainly Krsna passing through, resting His hand on some other gopi, exactly as an elephant goes side by side with his beloved mate"
- The gopis said, "Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, is also very cruel! He must always have new friends; He does not like to keep friendship for a long time with anyone"
- The gopis said, seeing Krsna from a distant place, "Just see! here within a bush is Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja"
- The gopis were dancing in a circle, and in the middle of that circle, Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, danced with Radharani
- The great-minded Maharaja Nanda gave clothing, ornaments and cows in charity to the cowherd men in order to please Lord Visnu, and thus he improved the condition of his own son (Krsna) in all respects - SB 10.5.15-16
- The inhabitants of Vrajabhumi know Krsna as the son of Maharaja Nanda, the King of Vrajabhumi, and they consider that they can have no relationship with the Lord in the rasa of opulence
- The inhabitants of Vrajabhumi, or Goloka Vrndavana, know Krsna as the son of Maharaja Nanda. They do not accept Him as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, as people in general do
- The King then said, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda. He is very merciful, and I hope that in a future birth He will allow me an interview
- The Krsna known as Yadu-kumara is Vasudeva Krsna. He is different from the Krsna who is the son of Nanda. Yadu-kumara Krsna manifests His pastimes in the cities of Mathura and Dvaraka, but Krsna the son of Nanda never at any time leaves Vrndavana
- The Lord is omnipotent; simply by His will He can perform anything and everything. When the Lord appeared as Lord Krsna, He played the part of the son of Yasoda and Nanda, and He lifted the Govardhana Hill, although lifting a hill is not His concern
- The Lord would cry, "O My Lord Krsna, My life and soul! O son of Maharaja Nanda, where shall I go? Where shall I attain You? O Supreme Personality who play with Your flute to Your mouth"
- The original Personality of Godhead Vasudeva, or Lord Krsna, who is famous as the son of King Vasudeva or King Nanda, is full with all opulences, all potencies, all fame, all beauty, all knowledge and all renunciation
- The pastimes of Lord Krsna are continuously going on within both this material world and the spiritual world. In such pastimes, the Lord always thinks Himself the eternal son of mother Yasoda and father Nanda Maharaja
- The relation of the body is very pleasing and natural, the Lord (Krsna) is more pleased when He is addressed as the son of Maharaja Nanda, the son of Yasoda, the lover of Radharani
- The S. P. of God, who is known as the son of Yasoda and Nanda, is never so completely known to the yogis & speculators. But He is easily available to His devotees. Nor is He appreciated as the supreme reservoir of all pleasure by the yogis & speculators
- The Second Chapter explains the truth of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda
- The son of Saci is none other than the son of mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja, and Nityananda Prabhu is the same Balarama
- The Supreme Lord appears as the son of one of His devotees just as Lord Krsna appeared as the son of Yasoda & Nanda Maharaja. These devotees could never think of their son as the SPG, for such appreciation would hamper their relationship of paternal love
- The Supreme Original Personality of Godhead is Krsna. He is called lila-purusottama, and He resides principally in Vrndavana as the son of Nanda
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, by stating that although no one is equal to or greater than Him and He is the reservoir of all spiritual pleasure, He nevertheless appears as the son of Maharaja Nanda and Yasodamayi
- The three forms of Sankarsana are known as Govinda, Visnu and Sri Madhusudana. It should be noted, however, that this Govinda form is not the same Govinda form that is manifested in Vrndavana as the son of Nanda Maharaja
- The transcendental body of Sri Krsna is eternal and full of bliss and knowledge. He is the son of Nanda Maharaja. He is full of all opulences and potencies, as well as all spiritual mellows
- The word 'atma-bhuta' means 'personal associates.' Through the understanding of the Lord's opulence, the goddess of fortune could not receive the shelter of Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja
- The word maya is also used in connection with love. Out of maya, love, a father has affection for his child. Therefore the word mayinah (in SB 10.12.38) indicates that Krsna, out of love, appeared as the son of Nanda and assumed the form of a human child
- Therefore the Lord Himself, accepting the emotional ecstasy of the gopis, now addresses the son of Nanda Maharaja, "O master of My life! O My dear husband!"
- They (the gopis) told Krsna, "Dear son of Nanda Maharaja, please do not joke with us in that way. It is completely unjust to us"
- They (the gopis) worshiped goddess Durga completely for one month in order to have Krsna as their husband. Every day they prayed for Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, to become their husband
- This being so (Gargamuni being the spiritual master of every human being because he is fully aware of the jyotih-sastra), since you have kindly come to my (Nanda Maharaja's) house, kindly execute the reformatory activities for my two sons - SB 10.8.6
- Those saintly persons who represent the Upanisads are vivid examples of this. By worshiping the Lord on the path of spontaneous love, they attained the lotus feet of Vrajendra-nandana, the son of Nanda Maharaja
- Thus Raghunatha dasa began worshiping the stone from Govardhana, and as he worshiped he saw the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, directly in the stone
- Thus the Lord's pastimes are like the flowing Ganges water. In this way all the pastimes are manifested by the son of Nanda Maharaja
- To whom should I speak? Who can understand My disappointment? Without the son of Nanda Maharaja, My heart is broken
- What to speak of others, even Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, personally descends to taste the nectar of love of Godhead in the form of the chanting of Hare Krsna
- When all the ecstatic cowherd men heard that Nanda Maharaja, the father of Krsna, was celebrating the birth ceremony of his son, they became spontaneously joyful
- When Krsna appeared as the son of Nanda Maharaj, in clear consciousness Nanda Maharaj desired all auspiciousness for his son and thus began to give in charity valuable cows to all the brahmanas
- When Krsna appeared as the son of Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda, He did so by His causeless mercy. Consequently, for Him to exhibit His unlimited opulence was not at all wonderful - SB 10.12.38
- When Krsna, the beloved son of Nanda Maharaj, steps into His kaisora age, although He becomes more beautiful, His parents still consider Him as being in the pauganda age - even though He is between the ages of ten and fifteen
- When Lord Krsna appears He does so in a family of ksatriyas (kings), as did Lord Ramacandra, and sometimes in a family of brahmanas. But Krsna accepted the role of son to Maharaj Nanda, despite the fact that Nanda belonged to the vaisya community
- When Nanda Maharaj saw his foster son, Krsna, embarrassed in the sacrificial arena of Kamsa, he said, "How unfortunate I am that I did not keep my son bolted within a room"
- When Nanda Maharaja met Vasudeva, Vasudeva could not disclose, "Your son Krsna is actually my son. You are His father in a different way, spiritually."
- When Nanda Maharaja saw his own son bound with ropes to the wooden mortar and dragging it, he smiled and released Krsna from His bonds - SB 10.11.6
- When one compares the beauty, opulence, sweetness and intellectual pastimes of Vasudeva, the warrior, to Krsna, the cowherd boy, son of Nanda Maharaja, one sees that Krsna's attributes are more pleasant
- When something very wonderful happened because of Krsna's activities, the inhabitants of Vrndavana - the cowherd men, the cowherd boys, Nanda Maharaja, Yasoda and the others - were surprised, but they never considered their son Krsna, the SP of Godhead
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna) became the son of Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda, they maintained continuous, unswerving devotional love in parental affection - SB 10.8.51
- When they (the cowherd boys) arrived home, they spoke of the wonderful activities of the son of Nanda
- Whenever some herculean task was performed by Him (Lord Krsna), the father and mother (Nanda Maharaja and Mother Yasoda) took it otherwise. And they remained satisfied with unflinching filial love for their son
- While they were taking rest, a great serpent from the nearby forest appeared before them and hungrily began to swallow up Nanda Maharaja. Nanda cried out helplessly, "My dear son, Krsna, please come and save me from this danger!"
- With folded hands I (Caitanya) offer my prayers unto Krsna, Nanda Maharaja’s son, who is my life and soul
- Worrying about the late arrival of his little son, Nanda Maharaj would remain on the candrasalika until he could indicate to his wife that Krsna, surrounded by His little cowherd friends, was coming back with the calves
- You (Krsna) are a very respectable boy because You are the son of Nanda Maharaja, and You are very dear to us (the gopis), but You should not play this joke on us, because now we are all shivering from the cold water
- Your (Nanda Maharaja) son Krsna appears as an incarnation in every millennium. In the past, He assumed three different colors - white, red and yellow - and now He has appeared in a blackish color - SB 10.8.13