This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Nights (1 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Nights"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.
- According to Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, the rasa dance was performed during the long period of Brahma's night, but the gopis could not understand that. In order to fulfill their desire, Krsna extended the night to cover such a great period of time
- After hearing only once from Their teacher, Krsna and Balarama learned all the arts and sciences. In sixty-four days and sixty-four nights, They learned all the necessary arts and sciences required in human society
- After taking supper and thinking of the next day's program, He (Krsna) very peacefully took rest. Thus He passed the night there
- After taking Their supper, Krsna and Balarama came to bid goodnight to Akrura and asked him how Kamsa was dealing with Their friends and relatives. Krsna then inquired into Kamsa's plans
- After this incident ( Vidyadhara's deliverance), on a very pleasant night Krsna and His elder brother, Balarama, who are inconceivably powerful, went into the forest of Vrndavana
- Akrura was warmly received by Lord Krsna and Nanda Maharaja and offered a resting place for the night. In the meantime, the two brothers Balarama and Krsna went to take Their supper
- Although the moon was incomplete on that night, because of the Lord's appearance in the dynasty wherein the moon is himself the original person, the moon was in an overjoyous condition, so by the grace of Krsna he could appear just like a full moon
- Another gopi inquired, "Does He (Krsna) remember that night in the midst of kumuda flowers and moonlight, when Vrndavana became exceedingly beautiful? Krsna was dancing with us, and the atmosphere was surcharged with the sound of foot bells"
- Being greatly disturbed by the absence of Krsna, they (the gopis) simply thought all day and night about His pastimes and thus derived some consolation
- By dividing this word (yaminyamusitah) into two, it came out to mean that He was kidnapped by Yamini, or night. Krsna therefore replied to Radharani, "My dear Radharani, is it possible that night can kidnap Me?"
- Day and night Lord Sri Krsna enjoys the company of Srimati Radharani in the bushes of Vrndavana. Thus His pre-youthful age is fulfilled through His affairs with Srimati Radharani
- During the daytime They (Krsna and Balarama) took lessons on a subject from the teacher, and by nightfall They were expert in that department of knowledge
- If all the mental speculators bring the bees of their minds into this forest of lotus flowers and jubilantly enjoy ecstatic love of Krsna day and night, their mental speculation will be completely transcendentally satisfied
- In one night, therefore, they (the gopis) enjoyed the company of Krsna as their beloved husband, but that night was not an ordinary night
- It is said: "When Krsna first came from His Kingdom, Dvaraka, to Indraprastha,* the young females of the city became so eager to see Him that even at night, when they were lying down with their husbands, they could not restrain their eagerness"
- Krsna continued, "My mind is always absorbed in thoughts of the daughter of Bhismaka, and sometimes I cannot sleep at night because I am thinking of her"
- Krsna said, "Now please order Me. What can I do for you? What is the purpose of your coming here in the dead of night? Kindly take your seats and let Me know what I can do for you"
- Krsna said, "The most opportune time is the full moon night in autumn, like tonight"
- Krsna said, "We passed the whole night in that way, and early in the morning, when our absence became known to our gurudeva, he sent his other disciples to search us out"
- Krsna took the opportunity of their looking at the forest to advise them. "I think you have come out to see the beautiful Vrndavana forest on this night," He said, "but you must now be satisfied. So return to your homes without delay"
- Lord Krsna made Srimati Radharani close Her eyes in shame before Her friends by His words relating Their amorous activities on the previous night
- Lord Madhusudana enjoyed His youth with pastimes on autumn nights in the midst of the jewellike milkmaids. Thus He dispelled all the misfortunes of the world
- Lord Sri Krsna, who is the Absolute Truth, enjoyed His rasa dance every night during the autumn season. He performed this dance in the moonlight and with full transcendental mellows
- Maharaja Pariksit said, "I am simply surprised that He would act in such a way, enjoying the company of others' wives in the dead of night." This statement of Maharaja Pariksit's was very much appreciated by Sukadeva Gosvami
- Mukunda, or Krsna, is also the source of solace for the damsels of Vrndavana. The damsels of Vrajabhumi are always suffering because of separation from Krsna, but when they meet Him during the moonlit autumn night, their fatigue of separation is relieved
- My dear friend kurari, it is now night, and Lord Sri Krsna is sleeping. You yourself are not asleep or resting but are lamenting. Should I presume that you, like us, are affected by the smiling, liberal, playful glances of lotus-eyed Krsna
- My dearest Srimati Radharani, please hear Me (Krsna). I am speaking the truth. I cry day and night simply upon remembering all you inhabitants of Vrndavana. No one knows how unhappy this makes Me
- On the very night of the day of the chastisement of the Kaliya snake, when the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi were sleeping carefreely, there was a forest fire ablaze due to dry leaves, and it appeared that all the inhabitants were sure to meet their death
- One gopi, expressing herself to Krsna, says: "When we meet You at night, we consider the duration of night to be very small. And why speak of only this night? Even if we had a night of Brahma* we would consider it a very short time!"
- One night, after the Putana demon had been killed, baby Krsna could be seen playing upon her breast. Upon seeing this, Yasoda became stunned for some time. This is an example of a conjunction of various symptoms of ecstatic love
- Since Krsna was absent from home, His wife Satyabhama was present on the night Satrajit was murdered, and she began to cry, "My dear father! My dear father! How mercilessly you have been killed"
- Springtime had arrived, and the full moon of that season inspired the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is complete in everything, with new attraction to meet the beautiful Srimati Radharani at night to increase the beauty of Their pastimes
- Srimati Radharani again enquired from Krsna, "Where did You pass Your night?" The exact Sanskrit word used in this connection was yaminyamusitah
- That chapter also describes Krsna's wandering in a garden on a spring night, and it fully describes the meaning of a verse about the scent of Krsna's body
- The full-moon night of Asvina is called sarat-purnima. It appears from the statements of Srimad-Bhagavatam that Krsna had to wait another year for such a moon before enjoying the rasa dance with the gopis
- The gopis cried all night before the departure of Krsna. As soon as the sun rose, Akrura finished his morning bath, got on the chariot and started for Mathura with Krsna and Balarama
- The gopis of Vrndavana were so attached to Krsna that they were not satisfied simply with the rasa dance at night. They wanted to associate with Him and enjoy His company during the daytime also
- The gopis said that even if they could have that duration of night, it would still not be sufficient for their meeting with Krsna
- The Gosvamis are crying, "Where is Krsna? Where is Radharani?" They're crying: ghosantav iti sarvato vraja-pure khedair maha-vihvalau. Mad. Mad after. This is the process of krsna-bhajana. Not that "I've seen just last night Krsna dancing with the gopis"
- The King of Bahula, although very comfortably situated in his palace, began to think the nights very long and distressing because of his separation from Krsna
- The Lord enjoyed His pastimes, both in this world and in other worlds (higher planets), specifically in the association of the Yadu dynasty. At leisure hours offered by night, He enjoyed the friendship of conjugal love with women
- The night was very dark, but as soon as Vasudeva took Krsna on his lap and went out, he could see everything just as in the sunlight
- The other gopi continued, "We (gopis) exchanged pleasing conversation then. Does He (Krsna) remember that particular night? We remember that night, and we feel separation. Separation from Krsna makes us agitated, as if there were fire in our bodies"
- The rasa dance was performed during the long period of Brahma's night, but the gopis could not understand that. In order to fulfill their desire, Krsna extended the night to cover such a great period of time. One may ask how this was possible
- The Rasa-yatra, or rasa dancing of Krsna, takes place on the full-moon night of the same month (the month of Karttika (October-November). Utthana-dvadasi takes place the day after Ekadasi in the waxing fortnight of the moon in the same month
- There is a statement in Rasa-sudhakara that after passing the night with Krsna, Radharani became so weak that She was unable to get up from bed. When Krsna took Her hand to help Her, Radharani felt guilty about having passed the night with Him
- They (the gopis) began to talk among themselves, “We have passed a very long night - which seemed only a moment - engaged in the rasa dance with Krsna. We looked at His sweet smile and embraced Him and talked with Him"
- They (the gopis) prayed for Krsna to be their husband. He (Krsna) thought that the full-moon night of the sarat season was just suitable for a nice dance. So their desire to have Krsna as their husband would then be fulfilled
- Thus Lord Sri Krsna spoke of the sexual activities of the previous night. In this way He made Srimati Radharani close Her eyes out of shyness. Taking this opportunity, Sri Krsna painted various types of dolphins on Her breasts
- Wanting to see Krsna directly, this yogi remains awake throughout the night, meditating on Krsna, who is the Supersoul, uncontaminated by the three modes of nature
- When interpreted for Krsna, the night is understood to have been a dark-moon night, and when interpreted for Srimati Radharani, it is considered to have been a full-moon night
- When Krsna began to blow on His flute in the night, all of the gopis, the beautiful daughters of the cowherd men, immediately got up from their sleep. There is a very beautiful comparison made in this connection
- When Krsna entered the forest on the bank of the river Yamuna, the moonlight dissipated the surrounding darkness. Due to the season, flowers like the kunda and kadamba were blooming, and a gentle breeze was carrying their aroma
- When Krsna saw the full-moon night of the sarat season, decorated with various seasonal flowers - especially the mallika flowers, which are very fragrant - He remembered the gopis' prayers to Goddess Katyayani
- When Krsna stole the garments of the gopis while they were taking a bath at Ciraghata on the Yamuna, He promised to fulfill their desire in some future night
- When Krsna, the supreme enjoyer, desired to enjoy the company of the gopis on that full-moon night of the sarat season, exactly at that very moment the moon, the lord of the stars, appeared in the sky, displaying its most beautiful features
- When the gopis came in the dead of night and Krsna asked them to return to their homes, the gopis also scratched the ground like this (like Devahuti) because their minds were very disturbed
- When the horses were yoked and the chariot was ready to go, Krsna helped the brahmana up and gave him a seat by His side. Immediately they started from Dvaraka and within one night arrived at the province of Vidarbha
- When Vasudeva was carrying Krsna, the darkness of the night disappeared. All the prison doors automatically opened. At the same time there was thunder in the sky and severe rainfall
- Within his mind, in his original, purified, self-realized position, he (an advanced devotee) serves Krsna in Vrndavana in his particular way. He serves Krsna twenty-four hours a day, all day and night
- Yajnapatni said, "After sitting down, He (Krsna) began to narrate very impudently about His previous night's pastimes with Radharani. While He was speaking in that way, Radharani became very embarrassed"
- Your (Radharani's) loving qualities always attract Me (Krsna) to Vrndavana. Indeed, they will bring Me back within ten or twenty days, and when I return I shall enjoy both day and night with You and all the damsels of Vrajabhumi