Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Holding (18 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Holding"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- A peacock feather decorates His (Krsna's) head, and on His neck hangs a lovely necklace of brilliant pearls. As He holds His charming flute to His lips, His face looks as beautiful as the full autumn moon
- A peacock feather decorates His head, and on His neck hangs a lovely necklace of brilliant pearls. As He holds His charming flute to His lips, His face looks as beautiful as the full autumn moon
- A yogi who is practicing meditation on the Supersoul sees within himself the plenary portion of Krsna as Visnu - with four hands, holding conchshell, wheel, club and lotus flower
- Although the elephant was harassed and angry, the caretaker riding on its head tried to provoke it further. The elephant then rushed madly toward Krsna. As soon as it came within reach, Krsna caught hold of the trunk and pulled the elephant down
- As Kamsa wielded his sword up and down, hither and thither, Lord Krsna, the supreme powerful Lord, caught hold of him with great force
- He (Akrura) cited, as an example, that Krsna, even at the age of seven years, had lifted Govardhana Hill and had continued to hold up the mountain for seven days, exactly as a child carries a small umbrella
- He (Krsna) caught hold of him exactly as a lion catches hold of a lamb. The demon tried to expand himself like a hill to escape arrest, but Krsna did not allow him to get out of His clutches
- He (Krsna) immediately alerted Balarama about the entrance of the demon (Vatasura). Both brothers then silently approached him. Krsna caught hold of the demon-calf by the two hind legs & tail, whipped him around very forcibly & threw him up into a tree
- He (Lord Krsna) immediately divided Himself into seven Krsnas, and each one of Them immediately caught hold of a bull and bridled its nose, thus bringing it under control as if it were a plaything
- Here is an instance of such friendly feeling, When Krsna was holding up Govardhan Hill with His left hand, the vayasyas said, "My dear friend, You have been standing for the last seven days and nights without any rest
- Holding the elephant by its tail, Krsna began to pull it, and with very great strength He dragged it for at least twenty-five yards, just as Garuda drags an insignificant snake
- In a dream Madhavendra Puri saw the very same boy. The boy came before him and, holding his hand, took him to a bush in the jungle
- In His (Krsna's) left palm He was holding a lump of food prepared with yogurt, butter, rice and pieces of fruit salad, which could be seen through His petallike finger-joints
- In His other hand He (Krsna) was holding a lotus flower. His ears were decorated with lilies, He wore marks of tilaka, and He was smiling charmingly
- In krsna-lila the Lord's complexion is blackish. Holding a flute to His mouth, He enjoys as a cowherd boy. Now the selfsame person has appeared with a fair complexion, sometimes acting as a brahmana and sometimes accepting the renounced order of life
- In the Dvapara-yuga the Personality of Godhead appears in a blackish hue. He is dressed in yellow, He holds His own weapons, and He is decorated with the Kaustubha jewel and marks of Srivatsa. This is how His symptoms are described
- In those days exchange was by barter; therefore Krsna might have seen His parents acquire fruits & other things by bartering grain. So He imitated. But His palms were very small, & He was not very careful to hold the grains tight, so He was dropping them
- Inhabitants of Vrndavana say, "He (Krsna) holds His wonderful flute in His lotus hands. He is dressed in yellow silks and bedecked with a peacock feather on His head"
- Instead of crawling with Their knees, the babies (Krsna and Balarama) could now stand up by holding on to something and walk little by little, without difficulty, by the strength of Their legs
- Kamsa was thinking of Krsna with His wheel, which means Narayana, who holds a wheel, conchshell, lotus flower and club
- Kesi rushed toward the Lord with great speed and tried to trample Him with his legs, which were strong, forceful and as hard as stone. Krsna, however, immediately caught hold of his legs and thus baffled him
- Krsna appears in this material world in His original eternal form, with two hands, holding a flute. He appears exactly in His eternal body, uncontaminated by this material world
- Krsna has a bluish complexion, a peacock feather on His head, a gunja garland and the decorations of a cowherd boy. His body is curved in three places, and He holds a flute to His mouth
- Krsna was dressed in glowing garments of yellow, Balarama in blue, and They held new twigs of mango tree, peacock feathers and bunches of flowers in Their hands
- Krsna's own form has only two hands, but in the form of Lord Narayana He has four hands. Lord Narayana holds a conchshell, disc, club and lotus flower, and He is full of great opulence. The sri, bhu and nila energies serve at His lotus feet
- On hearing this, Krsna dove deep into the water and caught hold of the demon Pancajana. He killed him on the spot but could not find the son of His teacher within his belly
- One cowherd boy said, "How is it possible for Him (Krsna) to lift Govardhana Hill in one hand and hold it up just as the king of elephants holds a lotus flower"
- One devotee exclaimed, "His (Krsna's) body is just like the tamala tree, very blackish. His head is protected with a canopy of hair. There are the marks of srivatsa on His chest, and He is holding His conchshell"
- Resting one hand on the shoulder of Srimati Radharani, holding a lotus flower in the other, and being followed by a swarm of bumblebees maddened by the fragrance of tulasi flowers
- Rukmini continued, 'By these activities, perhaps I have pleased the S P of God, Narayana. If this be so, I wish that You, Krsna, the brother of Balarama, please come here, catch hold of my hand so that I shall not be touched by Sisupala & his company'"
- Sages said, "You (Krsna) always hold the brahmanas in respect, and You are considered to be the topmost of all followers of brahminical culture. You are therefore known as brahmanya-deva"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Raghupati Upadhyaya which form was the best of Lord Krsna's millions of forms, and he immediately replied that the supreme form was the Syamasundara form. In that form, Krsna stands curved in three places and holds His flute
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw Lord Krsna standing with His beautiful body curved in three places, holding His flute to His lips. Wearing yellow garments and garlands of forest flowers, He was enchanting even to Cupid
- Sri Hari holds the conch, disc, lotus and club. Lord Sri Krsna holds the conch, club, lotus and disc
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "In His (Krsna's) left hand He would hold a lump of rice paste with yogurt, and in His fingers would be pilu, the king of fruits"
- The citizens of mathura continued, "Krsna held up the great Govardhana Hill in one hand for seven continuous days and saved all the people of Gokula from incessant rain, hurricane and hailstorm"
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana and their animals remained there for 1 week without being disturbed by hunger, thirst or any other discomforts. They were simply astonished to see how Krsna was holding up the mountain with the little finger of His left hand
- The vayasyas said, "This is very troublesome for us because we see that you have undertaken a severely laborious task. We think, therefore, that you need not continue to stand in that way holding the hill"
- The wrath of Indra was exhibited in the shape of torrents of rain and hailstones, and Lord Krsna held up Govardhana Hill for seven days, until the ninth day of the moon
- This Personality of Godhead (Sri Krsna) has two hands and holds a flute, whereas the other (Narayana) has four hands, with conch, wheel, mace and lotus
- Through His all-pervasive feature, the Supreme Personality of Godhead has expanded the entire creation. He is holding and maintaining this creation by His extraordinary potency
- When Krsna saw Kubja hesitating to come before Him, He immediately caught hold of her hand, which was decorated with bangles. With great affection, He dragged her near Him and made her sit by His side
- When Krsna was holding up Govardhana Hill with His left hand, His hair became scattered all over His shoulders, and He appeared to be perspiring. When mother Yasoda saw this scene, she began to tremble
- When she thought that Krsna was holding up the hill for such an extremely long time, her clothes became soaked with perspiration. May mother Yasoda Vrajesvari protect the whole universe by her infinite mercy!
- When the sons of Pandu, headed by Maharaj Yudhisthira, saw Krsna in His fourhanded form on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, holding His conchshell, disk, club and lotus flower
- Why can't I again see Krsna holding His flute to His lips? My eyes are wandering in hopes of seeing Him once more