Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Krsna's Grandfathers"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- King Ugrasena was the overlord of many dynasties and happened to be the grandfather of Krsna, so Krsna asked Satrajit to present the Syamantaka jewel to King Ugrasena
- Krsna and Balarama continued, "Please rest assured that We shall come back to Vrndavana just after giving some satisfaction to Our real father and mother, Vasudeva and Devaki, and Our grandfather and other family members"
- Krsna continued, "Although I got a kingdom by killing My maternal uncle, Kamsa, the kingdom was to go to My grandfather; so actually I have no possession of a kingdom. Besides that, I have no fixed aim in life. People cannot understand Me very well"
- Krsna continued, "My dear grandfather, out of fear of My late uncle Kamsa, all the kings belonging to the Yadu, Vrsni, Andhaka, Madhu, Dasarha and Kukura dynasties were very anxious and disturbed"
- Krsna thus offered His respect to His grandfather because Ugrasena was at that time the crowned king of the Yadu dynasty
- Krsna's compassion for distressed persons was exhibited when He released all of the kings imprisoned by Magadhendra. While dying, Grandfather Bhisma prayed to Krsna and described Him as the sun which eradicated darkness
- Lord Krsna then took permission from His father, Vasudeva, and grandfather, Ugrasena, and He immediately ordered His servants Daruka and Jaitra to arrange for travel to Hastinapura
- Lord Sri Krsna, who is our master and worshipable Deity, who is the controller of Lord Siva and Lord Brahma, the controller of the whole universe as well, accepts the controlling orders of Ugrasena, His grandfather