This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Garlands"
The following 81 pages are in this category, out of 81 total.
- A gopi described Him to a friend, "When Krsna returns, He is garlanded with tulasi leaves, He puts His hand on the shoulder of a cowherd boyfriend and begins to blow His transcendental flute"
- After this He (Krsna) consulted with Balarama, and, being garlanded with lotus flowers but carrying no weapons, He came out of the city to meet Kalayavana, who had already surrounded Mathura
- Akalpa refers to the texture of Krsna's hair, His nicely dressed body anointed with sandalwood pulp and decorated with flower garlands, His tilaka and His chewing pan
- Akrura could understand that both Krsna and Balarama had returned from tending cows in the forest; They had taken Their baths and were dressed with fresh clothing and garlanded with flowers and with necklaces made of valuable jewels
- All the people of Dvaraka, having received the news that Lord Krsna was returning with Aniruddha and Usa in great opulence, decorated every corner of the city with flags, festoons and garlands
- Another lady in the assembly addressed her friend, "Dear friend, just imagine how fortunate is the land of Vrndavana, where the S P of God Himself is present, always decorated with flower garlands engaged in tending cows along with His brother, Balarama"
- Anyone who puts on the garlands which were offered to Krsna, there is no question of being conquered by the spell of material energy
- At this time, the earth personified appeared before Lord Krsna and greeted Him with a Vaijayanti flower garland. She then returned the dazzling earrings of Aditi, bedecked with jewels and gold
- Besides this garland of flowers, there were other kinds of flower garlands too - sometimes decorating His head, sometimes hanging around His neck and chest
- Both the peacock feather on His head and His Vaijayanti garland (containing flowers of five colors) resemble rainbows
- Brahma said, "He (Krsna) is wearing a helmet and is garlanded by forest flowers, and He stands with a morsel of food in His hand. He is decorated with a cane, a buffalo-horn bugle and a flute. He stands before me with small lotus feet"
- Brahma tells Narada, "My dear Narada, anyone who puts on his neck the flower garland which was formerly used by Krsna becomes relieved from all disease and reactions to sinful activities, and gradually he gets liberated from the contamination of matter"
- He (King Bahulasva) offered the guests (Krsna, Narada and others) nice flower garlands, sandalwood pulp, incense, new garments, ornaments, lamps, cows and bulls. In a manner just befitting his royal position, he worshiped each one of them in this way
- He (Krsna) would wear flower garlands, smear His body with the pulp of sandalwood and decorate Himself with similar cosmetics and ornaments. It is said that the ornaments themselves became beautiful upon being placed on the transcendental body of the Lord
- He (Uddhava) is always decorated with flower garlands first used by Lord Krsna, and he is dressed with yellow silk clothing
- His (Krsna) yellow garments and garlands of flowers made it appear as if a dark cloud were surrounded simultaneously by sun, moon, lightning and rainbows
- His chest had brushed against their breasts, crushing His flower garland and coloring it with red kunkuma powder. Attracted by the fragrance of that garland, humming bumblebees followed Krsna like celestial beings of Gandharvaloka
- His garment glowed yellow-gold, and He was garlanded with a Vaijayanti necklace. Dressed in such an attractive way, Krsna filled up the holes of His flute with the nectar emanating from His lips
- Kalayavana noticed Krsna's specific marks and the jewels on His chest, His beautiful garland of lotus flowers, His lotuslike eyes and similar beautiful bodily features
- Krsna appeared before him with four hands, as visnu-murti, with a garland called Vaijayanti hanging from His neck down to His knees. He looked lustrous, His face was beautifully smiling, and He wore nice jeweled earrings on His ears
- Krsna has a bluish complexion, a peacock feather on His head, a gunja garland and the decorations of a cowherd boy. His body is curved in three places, and He holds a flute to His mouth
- Krsna has been embracing Srimati Radharani, and the kunkuma powder on Her breasts has mixed with the garland of kunda flowers decorating His body. The fragrance of the garland has scented the entire atmosphere
- Krsna is sometimes called vanamali. Vana means forest and mali means gardener, so vanamali refers to one who extensively uses flowers and garlands on different parts of His body
- Krsna used to put a vaijayanti garland around His neck. This vaijayanti garland is made of at least five differently colored flowers. The length of such a garland was always touching Krsna's knees or feet
- Krsna was also garlanded with flowers and painted with different colored minerals collected from the caves of Govardhana Hill. Govardhana Hill is always famous for supplying natural red oxides, and Krsna and His friends painted their bodies with them
- Krsna was dressed in yellowish garments, & Balarama was dressed in bluish garments. They were given all sorts of ornaments and flower garlands
- Krsna was dressed like this not only in Vrndavana but also on the battlefield of Kuruksetra. Seeing such colorful dress and the garlands of different flowers, some great sages prayed
- Krsna was pleased with Kaliya & his wives. Immediately after hearing His order, the snake and his wives began to worship Him with great offerings of nice garments, flowers, garlands, jewels, ornaments, sandal pulp, lotus flowers and nice eatable fruits
- Krsna's chest had brushed against the breasts of the gopis, crushing His flower garland and coloring it with red kunkuma powder
- Krsna's pleasure wanted. If Krsna sees that by washing the floor you are doing very nicely, Krsna is pleased: "Oh, you are nice." Similarly, one man is decorating Krsna with garland and... If Krsna is pleased, that is the main point
- My dear Lord, the garlands, scented substances, garments, ornaments and other such things that have been offered to You may later be used by Your servants
- My respectful obeisances are unto You (Krsna), O Lord, whose abdomen is marked with a depression like a lotus flower, who are always decorated with garlands of lotus flowers, whose glance is as cool as the lotus and whose feet are engraved with lotuses
- O all-auspicious tulasi plant, you are very dear to Govinda's lotus feet, and He is very dear to you. Have you seen Krsna walking here wearing a garland of your leaves, surrounded by a swarm of bumblebees
- On the Lord's bosom were the lock of hair called Srivatsa and the transcendental jewel named Kaustubha. He wore a yellow garment, covered by a belt, and He was decorated by a flower garland, surrounded by bees
- One day the beautiful-eyed Srimati Radharani entered into the forest to collect some flowers to prepare a garland for Krsna. While collecting the flowers, She became afraid that someone might see Her, and She felt some fatigue and weakness
- One day while Krsna was awaiting the arrival of Srimati Radharani by the bank of the Yamuna, He began to make a garland of kadamba flowers
- One devotee said, "This night I was dreaming of collecting various flowers from the garden, and I was thinking of making a garland to offer to Krsna. But I am so unfortunate that all of a sudden my dream was over, & I could not achieve my desired goal!"
- One gopi gave a message to Krsna that Radharani, because of Her separation from Him and because of Her enchantment with the flavor of His flower garlands, was rolling on the ground, thereby bruising Her soft body
- One should worship the Lord by offering pure water, pure flower garlands, fruits, flowers and vegetables, which are available in the forest, or by collecting newly grown grasses, small buds of flowers or even the skins of trees
- Radharani continued, "I (Srimati Radharani) can see on your mustaches the red powder of kunkuma which was smeared on the flower garland of Krsna while it was pressed against the breasts of some other girl who is My competitor"
- Radharani continued, "You (bumblebee) feel very proud because of having touched that garland, and your mustaches have become reddish. You have come here carrying a message for Me, anxious to touch My feet"
- Radharani said, "If by chance such a moment comes when I can once again see Krsna, then I shall worship those seconds, moments and hours with flower garlands and pulp of sandalwood and decorate them with all kinds of jewels and ornaments"
- Radharani said: "My dear friend, just see how Krsna has nicely composed songs and how He dances and speaks funny words and plays on His flute, wearing such nice garlands"
- Some things which give stimulation to ecstatic love of Krsna are His transcendental qualities, His uncommon activities, His smiling features, His apparel, His garlands, His flute, His buffalo horn, His leg bells, His conchshell
- Sometimes all of the cowherd friends of Krsna, along with Balarama, danced together in some ceremony. At these times the garlands on Their necks would move, and They would begin to perspire
- Sometimes Radharani felt pride within Herself and said, "Although the cowherd boys prepare nice flower garlands for Krsna, when I present My garland to Him, He becomes struck with wonder and immediately accepts it and puts it on His heart"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "O wife of the deer, Lord Krsna has been embracing His beloved, and thus the kunkuma powder on Her raised breasts has covered His garland of kunda flowers. The fragrance of this garland is flowing here"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw Lord Krsna standing with His beautiful body curved in three places, holding His flute to His lips. Wearing yellow garments and garlands of forest flowers, He was enchanting even to Cupid
- Suddenly, due to their feelings of separation, Lord Krsna appeared among the gopis dressed in yellow garments and wearing a flower garland. His lotus face was smiling, and He was directly attracting the mind of Cupid
- The (cowherd) boys were singing, imitating the humming sound of the drones and accompanying Krsna and Balarama, who were garlanded with forest flowers
- The associates of the Lord said, "The Lord, Hari, whose silk dress is as yellow as golden autumn foliage, whose chest is beautified with garlands of flowers and who is always playing upon His flute
- The brahmanas' wives saw Krsna with a blackish complexion, wearing a garment that glittered like gold. He wore a nice garland of forest flowers and a peacock feather on His head
- The city gateway, the household doors & festooned arches along the roads were all nicely decorated with festive signs like plantain trees & mango leaves, all to welcome the Lord. Flags, garlands & painted signs & slogans all combined to shade the sunshine
- The earth personified continued, "My dear Lord, the lotus flower grows out of Your navel, and You are always decorated with a garland of lotus flowers"
- The florist, Sudama, was greatly pleased within his heart by seeing Krsna and Balarama in his place, and thus, as his choicest desire, he made two exquisite garlands of various flowers and presented them to the Lord
- The flower garlands, betel nuts, sandalwood pulp and other fragrant cosmetic articles offered to the Lord (Krsna) would be distributed by Him
- The Gopi said, "How he (Subala) is delivering the betel nuts prepared by Palika into Krsna's mouth, and how he is decorating Krsna with the garland prepared by Taraka"
- The gopis continued, "Otherwise, how is it possible that the aroma of His (Krsna's) garland, which is smeared with the red kunkuma from the breasts of the goddess of fortune, can be perceived in the breeze blowing here?"
- The ideal yogi concentrates his attention on Krsna who is called Syamasundara, who is as beautifully colored as a cloud, whose lotuslike face is as effulgent as the sun, whose dress is brilliant with jewels and whose body is flower-garlanded
- The Kaustubha jewel hanging on His (Krsna's) chest glittered with great luster, and the Lord wore a beautiful flower garland
- The Lord appeared like a blackish cloud. He was dressed with yellow garments, His earrings shone on His ears like lightning, and His hair spread over His shoulders. He wore a garland of flowers, and His eyes were pinkish
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, surrounded by hundreds of gopis and decorated with a flower garland of many colors, began to wander within the Vrndavana forest, sometimes singing to Himself and sometimes singing with the gopis
- There are many nice things offered to Krsna - garlands, bedsteads, nice ornaments, nice food and even nicely prepared pan, betel nuts - but a humble Vaisnava, thinking his body material and nasty, does not accept such preparations for himself
- They (the queens) fanned Him (Krsna) nicely, offered Him fragrant essential floral oil, decorated Him with flower garlands, dressed His hair, asked Him to lie down to take rest, bathed Him personally and fed Him palatable dishes
- They (the Visnu forms) were bedecked with pearls and earrings and garlanded with beautiful flowers. On Their chests was the mark of Srivatsa, Their arms were decorated with armlets and other jewelry, and Their necks were just like conchshells
- This Madhumangala one day addressed Krsna in this fashion: "My dear friend, I can see that You are not aware of the peacock feathers that are falling on the ground, and at the same time You are unmindful of the flower garlands which are offered to You"
- This would create an atmosphere of spiritual bliss. When the garland on the neck of the Lord then touched the breasts of the queens, their whole bodies became covered with saffron yellow
- Wearing yellow garments and decorated with a flower garland, Lord Krsna, appearing among the gopis with His smiling lotus face, looked directly like the charmer of the heart of Cupid
- When Krsna left the rasa-lila dance, the gopis became very morose, and when they were grieving, Krsna reappeared dressed in yellow garments. Wearing a flower garland & smiling, He was attractive even to Cupid. In this way Krsna appeared among the gopis
- When Krsna returns, garlanded with flowers, His face looks beautiful, adorned with golden earrings. He walks into Vrndavana with a stride just like the elephant’s and slowly enters His home
- When Krsna walked on the bank of the Yamuna, He was seen nicely decorated with tilaka on His face. He was garlanded with different kinds of forest flowers, and His body was smeared with the pulp of sandalwood and tulasi leaves
- When Maharaj Yudhisthira went with Krsna in the arena of the raja-suya sacrifice, in his imagination he began to anoint the body of Krsna with pulp of sandalwood, he decorated Him with a garland hanging down to His knees