Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Footprints"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- After seeing Their footprints, marked with flag, trident, thunderbolt and lotus, Akrura actually saw Krsna and Balarama face to face. Although They were the most influential personalities, They were glancing at him with smiling faces
- After seeing those footprints, they (the gopis) exclaimed, "Oh, here is the impression of the marks on the soles of Krsna's feet! All the marks, such as the flag, the lotus flower, the trident and the thunderbolt, are distinctly visible here"
- All the cowherd men conferred and agreed to give those boys who had passed their fifth year charge of the cows in the pasturing ground. Given charge of the cows, Krsna and Balarama traversed Vrndavana, purifying the land with Their lotus footprints
- All the inhabitants of Vrndavana, being disturbed, began to search out Krsna by following the impression of His footprints on the ground, and thus they moved hastily toward the bank of the Yamuna
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, when Krsna returns home with His cows, the footprints of the soles of His feet - with flag, thunderbolt, trident and lotus flower - relieve the pain the earth feels when the cows traverse it"
- Another gopi spoke thus to her friends about Krsna: "Dear friend, our Vrndavana is proclaiming the glories of this entire earth because this planet is glorified by the lotus footprints of the son of Devaki"
- As soon as he (Akrura) entered the boundary of Vrndavana, he saw the hoofprints of the cows and Lord Krsna’s footprints, impressed with the signs of His soles - the flag, trident, thunderbolt and lotus flower
- He (Sahadeva) began to cry and call out, "Mother Madri! Where are you now? Father Pandu! Where are you now? I am very sorry that you are not here to see these footprints of Krsna!" This is another instance of devotional service in compassion
- He once lost his mental equilibrium due to his ecstasy of transcendental love and fell down on the dust of a road which was marked with the footprints of Lord Krsna
- I think that all these earthly disturbances indicate some greater loss to the good fortune of the world. The world was fortunate to have been marked with the footprints of the lotus feet of the Lord. These signs indicate that this will no longer be
- It is stated in the Srimad-Bhagavatam that when Akrura, who drove Krsna from Vrndavana to Mathura, saw the footprints of Krsna on the land of Vrndavana, his ecstatic love for Krsna increased so much that the hairs on his body stood up
- Similar feelings were expressed by the gopis when they were going to the bank of the Yamuna and saw Krsna's footprints in the dust
- Some things which give stimulation to ecstatic love of Krsna are His footprints, His place of pastimes (such as Vrndavana), His favorite plant (tulasi), His devotee and the periodical occasions for remembering Him
- Sometimes the vibration of Lord Krsna's flute, His bugling, His smiling, His footmarks on the ground, the transcendental fragrance of His body and the appearance of a new cloud in the sky also become impetuses for ecstatic love of Him
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Pariksit: "The gopis would meditate on Krsna's dressing Himself just like a dancing actor and entering the forest of Vrndavana, marking the ground with His footprints"
- The environment of Vrndavana constantly reminds us of Krsna and Balarama. On the land of Vrndavana are the impressions of His footprints, the residence of the goddess of fortune, and because of such signs we cannot forget Krsna
- The gopis continued, "They (these other footprints) are beside the footprints of the son of Maharaja Nanda. It is certainly Krsna passing through, resting His hand on some other gopi, exactly as an elephant goes side by side with his beloved mate"
- The gopis reminded Hamsaduta that sometimes even the great sage Narada becomes very ecstatic by seeing these footprints, and sometimes great liberated sages also aspire to see them
- The gopis then looked upon the ground they were traversing and began to address the earth: "Dear earthly planet, we do not know how many penances and austerities you have undergone to be now living with the footprints of Lord Krsna upon you"
- The gopis urged Hamsaduta "You should therefore seek very enthusiastically to find the footprints of Krsna." This is another instance of devotional service in compassion
- There is an instance when Sahadeva, the younger brother of Nakula, became greatly gladdened at seeing the effulgent glowing of Krsna's footprints
- These symbols on the soles of Krsna's transcendental lotus feet are worshiped by demigods & other great personalities throughout the three worlds. Upon seeing the footprints of Krsna, Akrura immediately jumped down from the chariot out of respect
- They (the gopis) began to follow the footprints, & shortly they saw another set of footprints beside them, and immediately they became very sorry. "Dear friends, just see! Whose are these other footprints?"
- They (the gopis) remembered Him, entering the forest of Vrndavana, which is always glorified by the footprints of Krsna and His companions
- Throughout the whole tract of land known as Vrndavana there were the footprints of Krsna and the gopis, and in some places peacock feathers were strewn about
- When Akrura came to Vrndavana in search of Krsna, he saw the footprints of the Lord on the dust of Nanda-grama and at once fell on them in ecstasy of transcendental love
- When Akrura saw the footprints of Krsna on the land of Vrndavana, his eyes became overflooded with tears, and in such ecstasy he jumped out of the chariot and fell down on the ground and began to chant, "How wonderful this is! How wonderful this is!"