This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Favor"
The following 150 pages are in this category, out of 150 total.
- A person who has developed bhava in devotional service. Such a person thinks of himself as the most wretched, and his only satisfaction is in thinking that some day or other Krsna will be kind enough to favor him by engaging him in devotional service
- A pure devotee of the Lord accepts tribulations as favors from the Lord. Since the Lord is absolute, there is no mundane difference between the two
- A statement by Uddhava after the Syamantaka jewel plundering confirms that Krsna is so kind and favorable that if a servitor is accused even of great offenses, Krsna does not take this into consideration
- Although they (women and sudras) are unfit to enter into the spiritual affairs of the Lord, can see Him as the arca-vigraha, who descends on the material world just to distribute favors to the fallen souls, including the above-mentioned women and sudras
- Any activities which are not favorable to the transcendental favor of the Lord cannot be accepted as devotional service
- Anyone who has seen the festival of Haridasa passing away, anyone who has chanted, danced here, anyone who has offered sand on the body of Haridasa, and anyone who has joined this festival to partake of the prasadam will achieve Krsna's favor very soon
- As a resident of Vrndavana, Krsnadasa Kaviraja offered his respects to the Deities in these temples (of Madana-mohana, Govindaji and Gopinatha) and requested God's favor: "My progress in spiritual life is very slow, so l'm asking Your help"
- As Krsna's part and parcel, we offer respect to everyone. So not that they are amazed with the greatness of a living entity. He thinks that his greatness is due to Krsna's favor
- As President, now you will be forced to advance in Krishna Consciousness because you must always set the highest example yourself, and I think that this is Krishna's special favoring you. Try to always see the highest purity is maintained in all respects
- Bali said, "Please be kind to me, who am fully surrendered unto You (Krsna), and favor me with Your causeless mercy so that I may simply remember Your lotus feet, birth after birth"
- Because most men cannot understand Krsna in His actual situation, out of His causeless mercy He descends to show favor to such speculators. BG 1972 purports
- Brahma said, "Other demons belonging to the same family, such as Aghasura and Bakasura, were also favored with liberation and achieved You. Under the circumstances, I am puzzled"
- Brahmanas said, "How wonderful it is that although these women have undertaken no reformatory performances such as accepting the sacred thread, have not resided in the monastaries of the spiritual master-they still have attained the favor of Krsna"
- By external features one cannot understand who is favored by Krsna and who is not
- Favoring the gopis, Krsna rides on the chariots of their minds, and just to receive loving service from them, He attracts their minds like Cupid. Therefore He is also called Madana-mohana, the attractor of Cupid
- From my personal point of view, I think that I am so sinful that I cannot even approach Krishna to show me any favor. But I have only one hope, my Spiritual Master. He is very kind
- Gopis said, "Now we request You, dear Krsna, to extinguish that fire with Your beautiful smile and the transcendental vibration emanating from Your lips. If You do not agree to do us this favor, we shall certainly be burned in the fire of separation"
- Grandfather Bhisma remembered this scene (Krsna ran towards him with a chariot wheel to kill him), and He later praised Krsna for His glorious favoritism towards His devotee, Arjuna, even at the risk of breaking His own promise
- He (Krsna) is not obliged to come here, like karmis, or ordinary living beings; rather, He appears by His own internal energy (sambhavamy atma-mayaya (BG 4.6)) just to show favor to the fallen conditioned souls
- He danced with the Lord because he was favored by love of Krsna. Thus he flowed in the mellows of love of Godhead
- He sometimes forces. He puts you in such circumstances that you have no other way than to surrender to Krsna. Yes. That is special favor
- His (Krsna's) enmity and friendship are external features presented by the material energy. He is always transcendental. He is absolute, whether He kills or bestows His favor
- How wonderful it is that although these women have not observed the strict principles of celibacy, have not undergone any austerities, nor philosophized upon the observance of all ritualistic ceremonies - they still have attained the favor of Krsna
- I find that you are stronger than me and he is stronger than you, oh, similarly, there are many degrees of strength. Now, these degrees of strength is Krsna. So you can understand Krsna. Without Krsna's favor, nobody can be stronger than the others
- I got very, very good chance. But Krsna did not allow it. He wanted me to come to this point. That is my practical experience. And now I'm seeing that it is Krsna's so much favor
- If I (Lord Krsna) especially favor a devotee and especially wish to care for him, the first thing I do is take away his riches
- If it were not possible in this lifetime to gain Krsna's favor by these activities, she (Rukmini) was prepared to die from such austerities and to undergo similar difficulties lifetime after lifetime
- If the preachers in our Krsna consciousness movement are sincere devotees of Krsna, Krsna will always be with them because He is very kind and favorable to all His devotees
- In order to show them special favor, Krsna exhibited this rasa-lila dance. It is to captivate the conditioned soul. Since they are very much attracted by sex, they can enjoy the same life with Krsna & thus become liberated from the material condition
- In other words, the curse of Narada was a benediction to the sons of Kuvera because indirectly it was foretold that they would be able to receive the favor of Lord Krsna
- In special cases, He (Krsna) acts as He likes to favor His devotees. This is possible only for Him, because He is the supreme controller
- In special cases, of course, there is special favor from Krsna, and although we should always expect that, we should not sit idly and simply wait for Krsna's special mercy; the regular duties must be performed
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is said that pure devotees of the Lord execute devotional service with great determination. Such determination, as exhibited by Rukmini-devi, is the only price for purchasing Krsna's favor
- In the rasa dance, the Lord showed His favor to the most fortunate gopis by placing His arms on their shoulders and dancing with each of them individually. No one can compare with the gopis, who received the causeless mercy of the Lord
- In this Age of Kali, real religious propaganda should induce people to chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. This is possible for someone who is especially empowered by Krsna. No one can do this without being especially favored by Krsna
- It is a completely mistaken idea that one can worship Krsna in any form or in any way and still attain the ultimate result of receiving the favor of the Lord. This is a decision made by gross materialists
- It is also Krishna's Grace that I got good father, and a good Spiritual Master, and in my old age also, Krishna has favored me with so many good children. So when I feel I see that Krishna is so kind upon me, so I offer my obligations unto Him
- It is noteworthy that Krsna sometimes removes all of a rich man's opulences in order to facilitate his becoming a soul surrendered to Him. This is a special favor of the Lord's
- It is said here (in CC Antya 11.20), karila vandana, “he offered prayers.” When taking maha-prasadam, one should not consider the food ordinary preparations. Prasada means favor. One should consider maha-prasadam a favor of Krsna
- It was Krsna's special favor to Uddhava to send him to Vrndavana with a message for the residents there, which was meant to pacify them
- King Bahulasva and the brahmana Srutadeva, knowing well that the Lord (Krsna) had come there just to grace them with favor, immediately fell at the Lord's lotus feet and offered their respects
- King Bharata was very eager to attain the association of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, who is called Uttamahsloka because poems and prayers are offered to Him for His favor
- Krsna consciousness can be achieved simply by your intense desire that "This life I shall try to achieve favor of Krsna." Krsna will help you
- Krsna continued, "Kindly go there (Hastinapura) and study how Dhrtarastra is dealing with the Pandavas. On receipt of your (Akrura's) report, I (Krsna) shall consider how to favor them"
- Krsna is equal to everyone, and according to one's ability to receive the favor of Krsna, one advances in Krsna consciousness
- Krsna is known as Madana-mohana because He conquers the mind of Cupid. He is also known as Madana-mohana due to His accepting the devotional service of the damsels of Vraja and rendering favors unto them
- Krsna knows everything, but one cannot know Krsna without being favored by Him. Thus for Krsna and His representative there is no question of a theory of uncertainty
- Krsna said, "I can show anyone My favor, and I can chastise anyone, because no one is superior to Me"
- Krsna said, "Therefore I give Myself to him (devotee), and I favor him so that he can achieve the highest success of life"
- Krsna said, "You (Indra) should always remember that all your material opulences are due to My mercy. No living entity can independently become opulent; one must be favored by My mercy. Everyone should always remember that I am the Supreme Lord"
- Krsna said: If I specially favor anybody, then I take away all his sources of income. Very dangerous. I have got my practical experience in this connection
- Krsna's favoritism towards His devotees was exhibited in His fight with Bhisma
- Krsna's inimical actions are not displays of enmity toward His so-called enemies, but in the material field one thinks that He is favorable to devotees and unfavorable to nondevotees
- Krsna, to show His favor to the aborigines (who came to Vrajabhumi to sell fruits), would immediately go purchase fruits, bartering with paddy in His hand as He had seen others do
- Krsna, who is situated in the core of everyone's heart as the Supersoul, dissipates all the ignorance from the heart of a devotee. As a special favor, He enlightens the devotee with all knowledge by putting before him the torch of light
- Kunti continued, "We are always in an auspicious position because of Your (Krsna's) grace. But although You have bestowed a special favor on us, people should not mistakenly think that You are partial to some and inattentive to others"
- Kunti continued, "You (Krsna) make no such distinction. No one is Your favorite and no one is Your enemy. As the Supreme Personality of Godhead, You are equal to everyone, and everyone can take advantage of Your special protection"
- Kuntidevi was shown far more favor because Lord Krsna did not save the other children of Devaki, whereas He saved the children of Kuntidevi
- Lord Caitanya prayed in His Siksastaka verses, "If You kindly pick Me up and fix Me as an atom of dust at Your lotus feet, it will be a great favor to Your eternal servant"
- Lord Krsna answered the question of Maharaja Yudhisthira as follows, "If I especially favor a devotee and especially wish to care for him, the first thing I do is take away his riches"
- Lord Krsna remained in Mithila both at the house of the brahmana Srutadeva and at the palace of King Bahulasva. And after favoring them lavishly by His transcendental instructions, He went back to His capital city, Dvaraka
- Lord Krsna thought: "Devotional service rendered to Me by the living beings revives their eternal life. O My dear damsels of Vraja, your affection for Me is your good fortune, for it is the only means by which you have obtained My favor"
- Lord Krsna thought: "I shall taste the essence of all these rasas, and in this way I shall favor all the devotees"
- Lord Krsna told the gopis, "The means of attaining My favor is loving service unto Me, and fortunately you are all thus engaged. Those living beings who render service unto Me are eligible to be transferred to the spiritual world"
- Lord Krsna was in favor of Arjuna; therefore, along with other members of the family, He tried to pacify Balarama by falling at His feet and begging Him to pardon Arjuna
- Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is offered sublime, poetic prayers by those trying to attain His favor
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu discusses this point (how even the goddess of fortune could not receive the same favor as the gopis) with Vyenkata Bhatta in Caitanya-caritamrta, Madhya 9.111-131
- Mucukunda continued, "It is therefore very difficult to get out of material entanglement, but if one is somehow or other favored by You, by Your mercy alone he is given the opportunity to associate with a pure devotee"
- My Lord (Krsna), if one is favored by even a slight trace of the mercy of Your lotus feet, he can understand the greatness of Your personality - SB 10.14.29
- My Lord, if one is favored by even a slight trace of the mercy of Your lotus feet, he can understand the greatness of Your personality
- No one should be proud of his prestige, power and fame without being guided by the favor of the Supreme Lord
- Now keep yourself pure and Krsna will help you. Krsna has become merciful upon you. I am only the agent. He has special favor upon Americans, so tell your countrymen to take advantage and spread our teaching all over the world
- Now you are the leader of so many men, so you have got the blessings of Krishna's favoring you, because now He is forcing you to be responsible for becoming yourself perfectly example of Krishna Conscious devotee
- O honest one, your present life is the last and the supermost because in this term of life you have been awarded My ultimate favor
- O my Lord, who are glorified by exalted prayers, You show special favor to Your devotees by manifesting Yourself in the eternal forms in which they welcome You
- On some pretext, the Gopala Deity granted Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu an audience beneath the hill, and Gopala similarly favored Srila Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami
- One may be the spiritual master of many impersonalists, or he may go to the forest or to a mountain cave and meditate as a hermit for many, many years, but he cannot understand Your glories without being favored by a slight degree of devotional service
- One should ask that the grace of the Lord always be present on earth so that we may be favored with His causeless mercy and be happy, having all necessities of life
- One should devoutly execute the regulative principles of devotional service and at the same time hope for Krsna's favor or for His devotee's favor
- Out of His (Krsna's) causeless mercy and favor upon His unalloyed devotees, He performs all kinds of service, but that does not mean that He has changed His position as the Absolute Person
- Persons who have not taken to devotional service are understood to have come short of the ultimate purpose of knowledge and are not favored by Your (Krsna's) grace
- Praying to the demigods to achieve the favor of Krsna is not irregular, and Rukmini was fully absorbed in thoughts of Krsna
- Push on in your preaching work as I have shown you, remain pure, enthusiastic, and optimistic, and Krishna will favor you with all good results and benedictions
- Regarding Krsna's complete independence and lordship, Srimad-Bhagavatam says that although Kaliya was a great offender, Krsna still favored him by marking his head with His lotus feet
- Rukmini continued, "But in order to achieve the favor of Your (Krsna's) lotus feet, they renounced their exalted positions and entered the forest to practice penances and austerities"
- Rukmini continued, "To achieve Your (Krsna's) favor, they give up everything - even the transcendental realization of Brahman. You are the supreme, ultimate goal of life. You are the reservoir of all interests of the living entities"
- Rukmini knew very well that obtaining the favor of Krsna was not easy. Since even Lord Siva must purify himself for this purpose, surely it would be difficult for Rukmini, who was only the daughter of a ksatriya king
- Rupa Gosvami, in his Laghu-bhagavatamrta, has quoted from the Padma Purana, that Laksmi-devi, the goddess of fortune, after seeing the attractive features of Krsna, was attracted to Him, & to get the favor of Lord Krsna she engaged herself in meditation
- Sages like the four Kumaras, as well as fools and birds, can engage in the Lord's transcendental service. By being favored with Krsna's causeless mercy, anyone and everyone can be elevated to the platform of Krsna consciousness
- She (the wife of the brahmana) said, "I know that Lord Krsna is the ideal personality of Vedic culture. He is always in favor of brahminical culture and is very kind to the qualified brahmanas"
- Simply by meeting Krsna or receiving Krsna's special favor, one can give up the desire for liberation. Being attracted by the transcendental qualities of Krsna, one can engage in His service
- Sometimes Krsna, to show some special favor to His devotee, He takes away his all material opulences
- Sometimes, to show special favor, Krsna takes away one's great accumulations of materialistic wealth and thus makes one a great devotee. But Satrajit refused to abide by the order of Krsna and did not deliver the jewel
- Son of Satyabhama's nurse said, "I simply expect the favorable glance of Krsna upon me, and so I am not even afraid of Satyabhama, who is so dear to Krsna"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Whatever you want to do you will be able to do correctly by Lord Krsna's favor. He will manifest the real purport"
- Sri Krsna says that He takes everything away from the devotee whom He especially favors when that devotee is overly attached to material possessions. When everything is taken away, the devotee feels helpless and frustrated in society, friendship and love
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami has given a blessing to all persons who hear the narration of the killing of Putana by Krsna: they will surely attain the favor of Govinda
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura therefore says, yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasadah: if one very sincerely serves the spiritual master, Krsna certainly becomes favorable to such a devotee
- Such a mystic becomes so joyful by constant execution of the regulative principles of devotional service that he thereby achieves the special favor of the Supreme Lord. Yamaraja, the mighty superintendent of death, is afraid to go near such a devotee
- Such position of leadership and organization is regarded as Krishna's special favor upon you, because you are forced in this way to become very responsible and set the ideal KC example, and in this way you will make very nice advancement in spiritual life
- The bumblebee is very much favored by Krishna and Radharani. Sometimes the bumblebee is taken as a messenger by Radharani and she rebukes the bumblebee because the bumblebee is blackish and Krishna is also blackish
- The citizens of Mathura began to recite Krsna's pastimes - His birth as the son of Vasudeva, His being taken into the care of Nanda Maharaja and his wife in Gokula, and all those events leading to His coming to Mathura to favor them
- The conclusion is that Krsna endows more favor to a devotee who is in greater dangers
- The devotee's prayer continues, "I do not ask You for liberation or any material facility up to the point of liberation. What I want as Your favor is that I may always think of Your form as I see You now as Damodara"
- The favor mother Yasoda obtained from Sri Krsna, the bestower of liberation, was never obtained even by Lord Brahma or Lord Siva, nor even by the goddess of fortune, who always remains on the chest of the Supreme Personality of Godhead Visnu
- The gopis became proud of their great fortune. To subdue their sense of superiority and show them special favor, Kesava, the subduer of even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, disappeared from the rasa dance
- The gopis used to worship not only Lord Siva but Katyayani, or Durga, as well, but their aim was to attain the favor of Lord Krsna
- The gopis, however, soon began to feel very proud, thinking themselves to be the most fortunate women in the universe due to being favored by the company of Krsna
- The highest welfare activity for living entities is the preaching of K C. It is stated herein that those who are specifically favored by the Lord can become absolutely Krsna conscious and be engaged in the work of preaching the Vaisnava philosophy
- The idea is that one who is favored by Lord Siva or any other demigod may not necessarily be favored by the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna
- The kings said, "We pray for Your Lordship (Krsna) to favor us by instructing us how to engage in the transcendental loving service of Your lotus feet so that we may never forget our eternal relationship with Your Lordship"
- The Lord cited a verse from SB 2.7.42: Whoever takes complete shelter of the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord is favored by the Supreme Lord, who is known to be unlimited. Such a person also receives permission to cross the ocean of nescience
- The Lord favored Arjuna with special vision for looking into His virat-rupa, which is described in the Eleventh Chapter of the Bhagavad-gita
- The nations of the world are very eager to again have one state under one flag, but for this they must seek the favor of Lord Krsna, who alone can help us become one worldwide nation
- The process for receiving the favor of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is described here (in SB 10.12.39). Yat-pada-pankaja-palasa-vilasa-bhaktya (SB 4.22.39). Simply by thinking of Krsna, one can attain Him very easily
- The sankirtana movement can be spread by a person who is especially favored by Lord Krsna
- The Supreme Lord is unlimited; His favor is unlimited; His mercy is unlimited. Therefore the mercy of the Supreme Lord upon His pure devotees is unlimited. BG 1972 purports
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is always favorable to the humble and meek, but aristocrats, learned scholars and the wealthy are always proud of their positions
- The Vaikuntha mentality is that if one is serving - I have read it in Bhagavata - Krsna better than somebody else, he would simply appreciate that "Krsna has so much favored him. Oh, how fortunate he is. When I shall be able?" That is Vaikuntha mentality
- There are many people who are just like owls and never open their eyes to see the sunshine. These owlish personalities, who are inferior even to the Mayavadi sannyasis, cannot see the brilliance of Krsna’s favor upon the maha-bhagavata devotee
- There are various means and processes by which one may attain the favor of Lord Krsna. All those transcendental processes will be studied from the viewpoint of comparative importance
- This (Kuntidevi was shown far more favor) was done because Devaki's husband, Vasudeva, was living, whereas Kuntidevi was a widow, and there was none to help her except Krsna
- This is not difficult to understand, but envious persons do not accept that Krsna has bestowed His favor upon a particular devotee in accordance with his advanced position
- This is the way to understand how the Supreme Brahman (by His favor). Krsna, is present everywhere, just as the sunshine is present because of the sun-god in the sun globe
- This joyous life is attained by those who have made the determination to achieve the favor of Govinda by being engaged in transcendental loving service at His lotus feet
- Those who are completely against the service of the Lord (Krsna) are considered to be in abject darkness and those who ask for the Lord's favor only at the time of necessity are partial recipients of the mercy of the Lord
- To gain favor of that Personality of Godhead (Krsna), one has only to surrender, and this is a result of performing devotional service by hearing, chanting, etc. BG 1972 purports
- To show His special favor to a devotee, Krsna usually takes away all the objects of his material affection, thus forcing the devotee to be materially helpless, with no alternative but to accept the lotus feet of Krsna
- Try to understand this fact. Krsna does not require your nice dress or nice flower or nice food. Krsna does not require. But if you give Him, then you become benefited. It is Krsna's favor that He's accepting
- We want two favours. One from guru, one from Krsna. That's all. We don't want anyone's favour
- Whatever you are doing, that is by Krsna's grace. And when you are still favorable, then Krsna will give you more facilities. Krsna will give you facility, will favor you, as much as you desire, not more than that
- When a person exhibits wonderful devotional activities, a thoughtful man understands that Krsna has been more favorable to this devotee
- When Duryodhana left in such an angry mood, everyone regretted the incident, and King Yudhisthira also was very sorry. But despite all these occurrences, Krsna was silent. He did not say anything against or in favor of the incident
- When Krsna forces somebody to surrender, that is a great favor. But generally, He does not do so. But He does so to a person who is very sincere to Krsna's service but at the same time he has got slight desire for material enjoyment
- When Lord Sri Krsna was dancing with the gopis in the rasa-lila, the gopis were embraced around the neck by the Lord’s arms. This transcendental favor was never bestowed upon the goddess of fortune or the other consorts in the spiritual world
- When Mucukunda, the celebrated descendant of the Iksvaku dynasty, was favored by Lord Krsna, he circumambulated the Lord within the cave and then came out
- When such an atmarama is favored by the mercy of Krsna, he gives up his so-called self-satisfaction and engages in the transcendental loving service of the Lord
- When the Lord (Krsna) comes to punish the demons, He bestows His favor upon them, and similarly when He delivers His devotees and gives them relief, He also bestows His favor. Thus the Lord bestows His favor equally upon the conditioned souls
- When the wives of the brahmanas were favored by Lord Krsna and immediately attained the ecstasy of love of Godhead, their husbands began to say
- When the woman was turned by Krsna's favor into an exquisitely beautiful young girl, she naturally felt very much obliged to Krsna, and she was also attracted by His beauty
- Whenever a devotee worships Lord Siva, he prays to Lord Siva to achieve the favor of Krsna, and he does not request material profit. In Bhagavad-gita (BG 7.20) it is said that generally people worship demigods for some material profit
- With folded hands, all the Brahmas and Sivas began to offer prayers unto Lord Krsna, saying, O Lord, You have shown me a great favor. I have been able to see Your lotus feet
- Without being empowered by the direct potency of Lord Krsna to fulfill His desire and without being specifically favored by the Lord, no human being can become the spiritual master of the whole world