Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Days (2 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Days"
The following 106 pages are in this category, out of 106 total.
- A few days before a year had passed, Krsna & Balarama were maintaining the calves in the forest when They saw some cows grazing on the top of Govardhana Hill. The cows could see down into the valley where the calves were being taken care of by the boys
- After a few days, Lord Krsna took permission from King Yudhisthira to return to Dvaraka
- After hearing only once from Their teacher, Krsna and Balarama learned all the arts and sciences. In sixty-four days and sixty-four nights, They learned all the necessary arts and sciences required in human society
- After His meditation, Lord Krsna would regularly bathe early in the morning with clear, sanctified water. Then He would change into fresh clothing, cover Himself with a wrapper and engage Himself in His daily religious functions
- After Krsna did this (killed Gardabhasura), they all returned home, and their report of the day's activity perturbed Mother Yasoda because Krsna had been sent alone into such danger in the Talavana Forest. Thus she looked upon the boys with anger
- After Krsna killed Gardabhasura, they all returned home, and their report of the day's activity perturbed mother Yasoda because Krsna had been sent alone into such danger in the Talavana forest
- After taking supper and thinking of the next day's program, He (Krsna) very peacefully took rest. Thus He passed the night there
- Akrura says, "Because I am going to see Lord Krsna today, all symptoms of inauspiciousness have already been killed"
- Akrura thought, "I am so fortunate that I will be able to see those very lotus feet on this day, and certainly I shall be able to see the beautiful face of Krsna, which is marked on the forehead and the nose with tilaka"
- All the gopis in Vrndavana remained very morose on account of Krsna's absence. All day they were thinking of Krsna in the forest or of Him herding cows in the pasture
- Although Kubja requested Krsna to remain with her for some days, Krsna politely impressed upon her that it was not possible for Him to stay. Krsna visits this material world occasionally, whereas His connection with the spiritual world is eternal
- Although the fighting between Krsna and Jambavan went on for twenty-eight days, the inhabitants of Dvaraka waited outside the tunnel for twelve days, and after that they decided that something undesirable must have happened
- Another day, when Krsna and Balarama were playing with Their friends, all the boys joined Balarama and complained to mother Yasoda that Krsna had eaten clay
- Another devotee in ecstatic reverential affection once said, "When will that glorious day in my life come when it will be possible for me to go to the bank of the Yamuna and see Lord Sri Krsna playing there as a cowherd boy"
- Another gopi said, "If cruel Krsna can pass His time without us, why can't we pass our time without Krsna? Of course, Krsna is passing His days without us very happily, but we cannot pass our days happily without Him"
- Anyone who has given sincere service to Krsna for any one day, he cannot go away. He has Krsna's protection. This life, that life
- As soon as Brahma left, Lord Sri Krsna immediately returned to the bank of the Yamuna and rejoined His calves and cowherd boyfriends, who were situated just as they had been on the very day they had vanished
- As the gopis were thinking of Krsna in separation twenty-four hours a day, so Krsna was also always thinking of the gopis, mother Yasoda, Nanda Maharaja and the other residents of Vrndavana
- As they (Krsna and the cowherd boys) approached the village, all the gopis became very joyous. Throughout the day the gopis used to think of Krsna while He was in the forest, and in His absence they were considering one moment to be like twelve years
- Day and night Lord Sri Krsna enjoys the company of Srimati Radharani in the bushes of Vrndavana. Thus His pre-youthful age is fulfilled through His affairs with Srimati Radharani
- During the daytime They (Krsna and Balarama) took lessons on a subject from the teacher, and by nightfall They were expert in that department of knowledge
- Each (Krsna and Jambavan) expected victory over the other, but the fighting continued for twenty-eight days, both in daytime and at night, without stopping
- Ecstatic love for Krsna is also aroused on the days of Ekadasi, which are other festive days in connection with Krsna
- Every day Lord Krsna used to give many groups of 13,084 cows. Each of the cows was decorated with a silken cover and pearl necklace, their horns were covered with gold plating, and their hooves were silver-plated
- Fifteen days after Krsna's birth, Radharani appeared. Radharani is Krsna's pleasure potency
- For days together, Krsna heard from Uddhava all the details of his visit to Vrndavana, especially the condition of His father and mother and of the gopis and the cowherd boys
- From each of Krsna's 16,108 palaces, these cows were given daily. This means that 13,054 multiplied by 16,108 cows were being given in charity by Krsna every day
- From Krsna's appearance day to the end of His fifth year is called kaumara, from the beginning of the sixth year up to the end of the tenth year is called pauganda, and from the eleventh to the end of the fifteenth year is called kaisora
- Gopa. Krsna, you know, in His abode, He is just like a sixteen-years-old boy, and His main pastime is to take the cows in the pasturing ground with His friends, boyfriends, and play with them. This is Krsna's day's business
- Gopis lament, "When You (Krsna) come back at the end of the day, by seeing Your beautiful face we are so much attracted that we are unable to stop looking upon You constantly"
- He (Akrura) cited, as an example, that Krsna, even at the age of seven years, had lifted Govardhana Hill and had continued to hold up the mountain for seven days, exactly as a child carries a small umbrella
- He (Akrura) did not know what sort of pious activities he must have performed to gain an opportunity to go see Lord Krsna and Lord Balarama in Vrndavana on that day. A pure Vaisnava always thinks himself unfit to serve Krsna
- Here is an instance of such friendly feeling, When Krsna was holding up Govardhan Hill with His left hand, the vayasyas said, "My dear friend, You have been standing for the last seven days and nights without any rest
- I was expecting to fight that case at least for some years, but by Krsna's grace he has given on the first day the judgment
- If all the mental speculators bring the bees of their minds into this forest of lotus flowers and jubilantly enjoy ecstatic love of Krsna day and night, their mental speculation will be completely transcendentally satisfied
- In that great palace, the Pandavas lived with their family members, and Queen Draupadi served her husbands very peacefully. And because in those days Lord Krsna was also there, the palace was also decorated by His thousands of queens
- In the Caitanya-caritamrta it is stated that all these Brahmas were called one day by Lord Krsna on the inquiry of the small Brahma, who, after seeing all the larger Brahmas, was thunderstruck
- In this way, the maintainers of the complete creation, Krsna and Balarama, used to take care of the calves every day, beginning in the morning, and thus They enjoyed Their childhood pastimes as cowherd boys in Vrndavana
- In those days exchange was by barter; therefore Krsna might have seen His parents acquire fruits & other things by bartering grain. So He imitated. But His palms were very small, & He was not very careful to hold the grains tight, so He was dropping them
- It is cited herein by the Lord that during his daytime Brahma would see Him as Lord Sri Krsna. He would appreciate how the Lord expanded Himself into all the calves during His childhood at Vrndavana
- Krsna and Balarama mastered the sixty-four arts and skills in sixty-four days
- Krsna continued to talk with His brahmana friend, "My dear friend, I think you remember our activities during the days when we were living as students. You may remember that once we went to collect fuel from the forest on the order of the guru's wife"
- Krsna continues, "For many days I have been observing you, and I have been wondering, 'When will Madhavendra Puri come here to serve Me'"
- Krsna Himself worshiped the cows on several occasions, especially on the days of Gopastami and Govardhana-puja
- Krsna lifted the Govardhana Hill, just as a boy picks up a frog's umbrella, and stood several days continuously just to give protection to the residents of Vrndavana
- Krsna replied, "My dear kings," He said, "I bestow upon you My blessings. From this day forth you will be attached to My devotional service without fail. I give you this benediction, as you have desired"
- Krsna replied, "My elder brother, Balarama, while playing with Me today, became angry, and therefore He has joined with the other boys to complain against Me. They have all combined together to complain so you will be angry and chastise Me"
- Krsna said, "My dear brahmana friend, that you remember all those days of our school life when you and I were living together at the boarding school (gurukula). Actually, whatever knowledge you and I received in life was accumulated in our student life"
- Krsna was once thinking, "Today, while I was engaged in tending the cows in the pasturing ground of Vrndavana, I went to collect some flowers in a beautiful garden"
- Krsna's age is considered in three periods: from His appearance day to the end of His sixth year is called kaumara; from the beginning of the sixth year up to the tenth year is called pauganda; and from the tenth to the sixteenth year is called kaisora
- Kubja told Krsna, "My dear friend, kindly remain with me at least for a few days and enjoy with me. My dear lotus-eyed friend, I cannot leave You immediately. Please grant my request"
- Lord Krsna could not refuse the request of His devotee, and thus He remained there for a few days with the sages to sanctify the city of Mithila and all its citizens
- Lord Krsna said that Govardhana-puja is as good as worship of Him. From that day, Govardhana-puja has been going on and is known as Annakuta
- Many obstacles we are facing. Never mind. Still, we are coming out, gradually. Kuntidevi said, "Krsna, all those dangerous days may come again, so that I can always remember You. Now... When we were in dangerous days You were always with us"
- My dearest Srimati Radharani, please hear Me (Krsna). I am speaking the truth. I cry day and night simply upon remembering all you inhabitants of Vrndavana. No one knows how unhappy this makes Me
- Nanda continued, "How wonderful it is that for seven days continuously He (Krsna) held up Govardhana Hill with one hand! How wonderful it is that He has killed all the demons like Pralambasura, Dhenukasura, Aristasura, Trnavarta and Bakasura"
- Narada Muni did not mention Krsna's killing Vyomasura, which means that he was killed on the same day as the Kesi demon
- No one can estimate the value of such a large number of cows given in charity, but that was the system of Krsna's daily affairs while He was reigning in Dvaraka
- O Krsna, when You go to the forest during the day and we do not see Your sweet face, which is surrounded by beautiful curly hair, half a second becomes as long as an entire age for us
- O my Lord, You (Krsna) have executed all duties Yourself. Are you leaving us today, though we are completely dependent on Your mercy and have no one else to protect us, now when all kings are at enmity with us?
- Oh, it is our good luck that we have come again today under Your (Krsna) protection by Your presence, for Your Lordship rarely visits even the denizens of heaven
- On the next day, Dvadasi, Nanda Maharaja went to take a bath in the Ganges and was arrested by one of the men of Varuna; then he was released by Lord Krsna. Then Nanda Maharaja, along with the cowherd men, was shown the spiritual sky
- On the twenty-eighth day, Bhimasena told Krsna, "My dear Krsna, I must frankly admit that I cannot conquer Jarasandha"
- On the very night of the day of the chastisement of the Kaliya snake, when the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi were sleeping carefreely, there was a forest fire ablaze due to dry leaves, and it appeared that all the inhabitants were sure to meet their death
- One day Lord Krsna, the liberator of the twin arjuna trees, was playing with Balarama and the other children on the bank of the Yamuna, and because it was already late in the morning, Rohini, the mother of Balarama, went to call them back home
- One day while Krsna was awaiting the arrival of Srimati Radharani by the bank of the Yamuna, He began to make a garland of kadamba flowers
- One day, a fruit vendor came before the house of Nanda Maharaja. Upon hearing the vendor call, "If anyone wants fruits, please come and take them from me!" child Krsna immediately took some grains in His palms and went to get fruits in exchange
- One day, after having returned from the sacrificial performances at Kuruksetra, when Lord Krsna and Balarama went to offer Their respects to Vasudeva
- One day, in a joking mood, Krsna informed Radharani, "My dear Radharani, I am going to give up Your company." Upon saying this, He immediately disappeared
- One day, shortly after the ceremony (of Krsna's birthday), when mother Yasoda was patting her baby on her lap, the baby felt too heavy, and being unable to carry Him, she unwillingly placed Him on the ground
- One day, while Krsna was staying with the Pandavas, He and Arjuna prepared themselves to go to the forest to hunt. Both of them sat down on Arjuna's chariot, which flew a flag with a picture of Hanuman
- She (Kunti) was certainly living like a poor innocent animal in the midst of several tigers. Being a devotee of Lord Krsna, she always thought of Him and expected that one day Krsna would come and save them from their dangerous position
- Since Lord Krsna appeared on the eighth day of the waning moon, there could be no rising of the full moon. In answer to this it may be said that Lord Krsna appeared in the dynasty which is in the hierarchy of the moon
- Since Lord Krsna was very merciful toward these two devotees, King Bahulasva and the brahmana Srutadeva, He one day asked His driver, Daruka, to take His chariot into the capital city of Mithila
- Since the auspicious day when Krsna left for Mathura, Srimati Radharani has been pressing Her head on one of Her hands and constantly shedding tears
- Sometimes when Krsna and His sakhas went to the pasturing ground, Kamsa would send a demon to kill Krsna. Therefore, almost every day there was a fight with some different kind of demon
- Srimati Kunti said, "My dear Krsna, I remember the day when You sent my brother Akrura to gather information about us. This means that You always remember us automatically"
- The appearance of Lord Visnu at that time could be compared to the rising of the full moon over the eastern horizon. The objection may be raised that since Krsna appeared on the eighth day of the waning moon, there could be no rising of the full moon
- The citizens of mathura continued, "Krsna held up the great Govardhana Hill in one hand for seven continuous days and saved all the people of Gokula from incessant rain, hurricane and hailstorm"
- The gopis are so fortunate that they can see and think of Krsna twenty-four hours a day, beginning from their milking the cows or husking the paddy or churning the butter in the morning
- The gopis said, "Now, how shall we live even for a moment if He (Krsna) goes away from us? At the end of the day, in the evening, along with His elder brother Balarama, Krsna would return home with His friends"
- The gopis said: "O Krsna, when You go to the forest during the day and we do not see Your sweet face, which is surrounded by beautiful curling hair, half a second becomes as long as an entire age for us"
- The Govardhana-puja ceremony took place on the new-moon day. After this, there were torrents of rain and hailstorms imposed by King Indra for seven days. Nine days of the waxing moon having passed, on the tenth day King Indra worshiped Lord Krsna
- The Nagapatnis said: O Lord, You can see perfectly all the activities happening in every moment, in every hour, in every day, in every month, in every year, past, present & future
- The Nagapatnis said: The entire time force is existing in You, and You are therefore the seer and the embodiment of total time in the shape of past, present and future, month, day, hour, moment - everything
- The next day, it was declared that a male child (Krsna) had been born to Yasoda. According to Vedic custom, Nanda Maharaja called for learned astrologers and brahmanas to perform the birth ceremony
- The other day I saw you both Krsna & Subala standing together, & you were keeping your hand upon Krsna's shoulder, & both of you were joyfully smiling. When I saw this in the distance, my eyes at once became overflooded with tears
- The very day and moment the Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krsna, left this earth, the personality of Kali, who promotes all kinds of irreligious activities, came into this world
- The wrath of Indra was exhibited in the shape of torrents of rain and hailstones, and Lord Krsna held up Govardhana Hill for seven days, until the ninth day of the moon
- There are many statements about the festive days in connection with Krsna's different activities. One of these festive days is Janmastami, the day of Krsna's birth
- Thereafter, on the tenth day, the inhabitants of Vrndavana were talking amongst themselves about the wonderful activities of Krsna, and the next day, Ekadasi, was observed by Nanda Maharaja
- This Madhumangala one day addressed Krsna in this fashion: "My dear friend, I can see that You are not aware of the peacock feathers that are falling on the ground, and at the same time You are unmindful of the flower garlands which are offered to You"
- Thus Krsna and Balarama gave some preliminary hints of Their arrival to Kamsa, and he could understand what severe type of danger was awaiting him the next day in the sacrificial arena
- When He (Krsna) was asked to lift some heavy article and was unable to lift it, He would simply move His arms. In this way, daily, at every moment, He was the reservoir of all pleasure for His parents
- When Krsna was a baby, one day He was walking in the courtyard, capturing the finger of His father, and because He could not walk steadily He appeared to be almost falling down
- When this city was constructed, Maharaja Yudhisthira requested Krsna to live with them a few days more to give them the pleasure of His association. Lord Krsna accepted the request of Maharaja Yudhisthira and remained there for many days more
- When Uddhava was describing Krsna's pastimes to Vidura, he said, "One day the gopis became stunned when Krsna, in the dress of a gardening maid, entered the greenhouse and enlivened them with joking and laughter"
- While Krsna is spending His days as a cowherd boy, He is in the kaumara and pauganda ages
- While Uddhava remained in Vrndavana, the inhabitants enjoyed his association. As they discussed the activities of Krsna, the days passed just like moments
- Within his mind, in his original, purified, self-realized position, he serves Krsna in Vrndavana in his particular way. He serves Krsna twenty-four hours a day, all day and night