Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Krsna's City of Dvaraka
Pages in category "Krsna's City of Dvaraka"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.
- A similar satisfaction was observed when Krsna returned from the battlefield of Kuruksetra to His home at Dvaraka
- After a few days, Lord Krsna took permission from King Yudhisthira to return to Dvaraka
- After this, the chief of the Yadu dynasty, Lord Krsna, along with His newly married wife and the huge dowry, entered the city of Dvaraka with great pomp. Krsna then lived there with His wife very peacefully
- All the citizens joined their friends & relatives to welcome Lord Krsna with great pomp & jubilation, & a tumultuous vibration of conchshells, drums & bugles received the Lord. In this way the SP of Godhead, Krsna, entered His capital, Dvaraka
- All the residents of Dvaraka approached and addressed Him, "Dear Lord (Krsna) of the three worlds, a great fiery demon is ready to burn the whole city of Dvaraka! Please save us"
- All the sixteen thousand palaces of Krsna's queens were situated in this beautiful city of Dvaraka, and Lord Krsna, the supreme eternal enjoyer of all these facilities, expanded Himself into sixteen thousand forms
- All the visitors as well as the inhabitants of Dvaraka City were joyful to see Krsna & Rukmini together. In other words, the goddess of fortune was now united with the Supreme Lord, the maintainer of everyone, thus all the people felt extremely jubilant
- As soon as there was enemy attack in the Dvaraka city, immediately the kings, royal family, Krsna's family, Pradyumna, His son, and others, immediately go out of the city and combat with the enemies
- At other times Krsna went to Kuruksetra from His paternal home (Dvaraka) during the solar eclipse, and at these times the residents of Vrndavana also went to see Him there
- Because of their (gopis) separation from Krsna, He might have asked them to return with Him to His capital city, Dvaraka. But the inhabitants of Vrndavana, the gopis, were not interested in the idea of going with Krsna to Dvaraka
- Being pleased with the citizens of Dvaraka, Krsna informed them that the person they described as the sun-god was actually King Satrajit, who had come to visit Dvaraka City to show his opulence in the form of the valuable jewel obtained from the sun-god
- Decorating the entire city very festively, the citizens of Dvaraka held a great celebration, and when Lord Krsna passed through the city, all the members of the Vrsni dynasty and the heroes of the Yadu dynasty followed Him with great respect
- During a solar eclipse, the Lord came from Dvaraka and met the inhabitants of Vrndavana at Samanta-pancaka. The meeting was intensely painful for the damsels of Vrajabhumi because Lord Krsna had apparently left them to reside at Dvaraka
- During the time of Lord Krsna's presence on the earth, the members of the Yadu family forcibly brought the celestial assembly house to earth and placed it at Dvaraka
- He (Bali) worshiped the Lord sufficiently, and thereafter Lord Krsna and Lord Balarama took away the six conditioned souls and returned to the city of Dvaraka
- He (Krsna) arranged for suitable garments and ornaments for them (the young princesses), and each of them, seated on a palanquin, was dispatched to Dvaraka City
- He (Krsna) said, "and every one of us will derive benefit from the jewel. Because of the jewel’s presence in the city of Dvaraka, there will be no more famines or disturbances created by pestilence or excessive heat and cold"
- He (Lord Krsna) is residing even within the atom. But still He has got special residential places like Vrndavana, Dvaraka, Mathura. So a devotee is anxious to live in those places
- In Dvaraka-dhama, all the queens, headed by Rukmini, also consider themselves maidservants of Lord Krsna
- In the city of Dvaraka the following devotees are known as Krsna's close associates: Uddhava, Daruka, Satyaki, Srutadeva, Satrujit, Nanda, Upananda and Bhadra. All of these personalities remain with the Lord as His secretaries
- In this greatly beautiful city of Dvaraka, Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, had many residential quarters. The great kings and princes of the world used to visit these palaces just to worship Him
- In this way all the inhabitants of Dvaraka appealed to Lord Krsna for protection from the fiery demon who had just appeared in Dvaraka to devastate the whole city
- In this way, after killing Salva and destroying his wonderful airplane and then killing Dantavakra and Viduratha, Lord Krsna at last entered His city, Dvaraka
- It is understood that even in those days, about five thousand years ago, there were prostitutes in a city like Dvaraka, where Lord Krsna resided. This means that prostitutes are necessary citizens for the proper upkeep of society
- Krsna continued, "My dear father (Vasudeva), everyone and everything, including Me and My brother Balarama, as well as all the inhabitants of the city of Dvaraka and the whole cosmic manifestation, are exactly as you have already explained"
- Krsna's opulence of strength has already been displayed in His different pastimes, and now it will be shown how His residence at Dvaraka displayed His opulences of wealth and beauty
- Laksmana said, "Expecting opposition from the princes, He (Krsna) armored Himself and took up His bow, named Sarnga, and then our celebrated driver, Daruka, drove the beautiful chariot, without a moment's delay, toward the city of Dvaraka"
- Lord Krsna began to think that while He was staying in Hastinapura with Balarama after the killing of Sisupala, Sisupala's men must have attacked Dvaraka. On reaching Dvaraka, Lord Krsna saw that the whole city was greatly endangered
- Lord Krsna killed Paundraka and his friend Kasiraja on the battlefield, and then He returned to His capital city, Dvaraka. When Lord Krsna returned to the city of Dvaraka, all the Siddhas from the heavenly planets were singing His glories
- Lord Krsna personally surrounds Dvaraka-puri as its protector. In different parts of the city, in nine places, He expands in nine different forms
- Lord Krsna remained in Mithila both at the house of the brahmana Srutadeva and at the palace of King Bahulasva. And after favoring them lavishly by His transcendental instructions, He went back to His capital city, Dvaraka
- Lord Krsna took the Syamantaka jewel in His hand and showed it to all His relatives and friends present and then returned the jewel to Akrura in their presence, so that they would know that the jewel was actually being kept by Akrura in Dvaraka City
- Lord Krsna's capital, Dvaraka, was well planned, and similar other cities - Mathura and Hastinapura (now New Delhi) - were also well planned. Thus the planning of cities and towns is not a modern innovation but was existing in bygone ages
- She (the wife of the brahmana) said, "Lord Krsna is now the King of the Bhoja, Vrsni and Andhaka dynasties, and I have heard that He never leaves His capital city, Dvaraka. He is living there without outside engagements"
- Since the Lord is all-perfect in Himself, there could not be any question of His welfare, and Maharaja Yudhisthira refrained from asking this question. He simply inquired about His residential place, Dvaraka Puri, where pious men assemble
- Srimati Radharani refused to go with Krsna to Dvaraka to enjoy His company in the atmosphere of royal opulence, for She wanted to enjoy His company in the original Vrndavana atmosphere
- Such eternal vayasyas are also found beyond the jurisdiction of Vrndavana, in places such as Dvaraka and Hastinapura. Except for Vrndavana, all the places of Krsna's pastimes are called puras
- That very night, she (Citralekha) traveled in outer space and within a very short time reached the city of Dvaraka, which was well protected by Lord Krsna. She entered the palace and found Aniruddha sleeping in his bedroom on a very opulent bed
- The bridegroom's (Rukmini's) party was always protected by Lord Krsna, the killer of the Madhu demon. Thus they left Rukmi's kingdom, Bhojakata, and happily started for Dvaraka
- The celebrity of earth has defeated that of the heavenly planets because of Dvaraka, where Lord Sri Krsna reigned as King. Three places, namely Vrndavana, Mathura and Dvaraka, are more important than the famous planets
- The city of Dvaraka was situated in this Kathwar province, and because Lord Krsna used to live in this city, Dvivida specifically made it his target of disturbance
- The inhabitants of Dvaraka City were so much pleased that they dressed themselves with the nicest possible ornaments and garments and went to present gifts, according to their means, to the newly married couple, Krsna and Rukmini
- The Krsna known as Yadu-kumara is Vasudeva Krsna. He is different from the Krsna who is the son of Nanda. Yadu-kumara Krsna manifests His pastimes in the cities of Mathura and Dvaraka, but Krsna the son of Nanda never at any time leaves Vrndavana
- The Lord (Krsna) would go to the assembly house known as Sudharma. It may be remembered that the Sudharma assembly house was taken away from the heavenly planets and established in the city of Dvaraka
- The Sudarsana cakra began to freeze the fiery demon created by Lord Siva. In this way, the fiery demon was checked by the Sudarsana cakra of Lord Krsna, and, being defeated in his attempt to devastate the city of Dvaraka, he turned back
- Then the Lord (Krsna) personally entered the city accompanied by elderly relatives and invalid brahmanas with their wives, all offering benedictions and singing the glories of the Lord. Others also praised the glories of the Lord
- These desire trees are not like the ordinary trees of the material world; the desire trees are found in the spiritual world. By Krsna's supreme will, everything is possible, so such desire trees were planted in Dvaraka, the city constructed by Krsna
- They (the citizens of Dvaraka) informed Lord Krsna that the sun-god, with his glaring bodily effulgence, was coming to see Him. The citizens of Dvaraka confirmed that the sun-god's coming into Dvaraka was not very wonderful
- They (the inhabitants of Dvaraka) knew that Krsna, being the Supreme Personality of Godhead, was sometimes visited by the demigods, so while Satrajit was visiting the city of Dvaraka all the inhabitants except Krsna took him to be the sun-god himself
- Thinking himself successful in his efforts, he (Jarasandha) left the city of Mathura and returned to his home in the kingdom of Magadha. Gradually Krsna and Balarama reached the city of Dvaraka, which was surrounded by the sea
- When Krsna got permission (from Yudhisthira), He returned to His country accompanied by Satyaki, the leader of the Yadus who were living in Hastinapura with Him. Kalindi also returned with Krsna to Dvaraka
- When Lord Krsna understood that there was great danger in the city of Dvaraka, He took permission from the elder members of the Pandava family, especially from His aunt Kuntidevi, and started immediately for Dvaraka
- When Satrajit was visiting the city of Dvaraka, the citizens felt great pride to think that although Krsna was living in Dvaraka like an ordinary human being, the demigods were coming to see Him
- When Satrajit wore this jewel in a locket around his neck, he appeared exactly like an imitation sun-god. Putting on this jewel, he entered the city of Dvaraka, and people thought that the sun-god had come into the city to see Krsna
- When Sri Krsna left the city of Dvaraka to seek out the Syamantaka jewel, He was late returning home. Uddhava became so afflicted that the symptoms of disease became manifest on his body
- When the brahmana came to accuse the King of Dvaraka for the ninth time, Arjuna happened to be present with Krsna
- While He (Krsna) had been absent from Dvaraka at the Battle of Kuruksetra, all the citizens of Dvaraka had become morose. Then, when He returned, the citizens joyfully received Him and said
- While Lord Krsna and Balarama were living peacefully in Their great city of Dvaraka, there was the rare occasion of a full solar eclipse, such as takes place at the end of every kalpa, or day of Brahma
- Within the spiritual sky is a second manifestation of the quadruple forms of Dvaraka from the abode of Krsna. Among these forms, which are all spiritual and immune to the material modes, Sri Baladeva is represented as Maha-sankarsana