This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Krsna's Brother"
The following 78 pages are in this category, out of 78 total.
- After creating this situation by His yogamaya, Krsna, appearing with His elder brother, Balarama, as the most illustrious son in the dynasty of the Satvatas, very submissively and respectfully addressed Vasudeva and Devaki
- After giving up the company of the gopis in Vrndavana, Sri Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, engaged in His pastimes at Dvaraka. When Krsna went to Kuruksetra with His brother and sister and others from Dvaraka, He again met the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- Although Lord Baladeva appeared before the birth of Lord Krsna and is therefore Krsna's worshipable elder brother, He used to act as Krsna's eternal servitor
- Amongst various names of the relatives, the name of Rama or Balarama, eldest brother of Lord Krsna, is added with the words "the Personality of Godhead" because Lord Balarama is the immediate expansion of visnu-tattva as prakasa-vigraha of Lord Krsna
- At that time, Krsna became very much afraid of Jarati and went to His elder brother Baladeva. He said, "My dear brother, I have stolen yogurt! Just see - Jarati is coming hurriedly to catch Me!"
- At the time of Aniruddha's marriage, when we were all playing chess, there was another fight with your brother Rukmi on a controversial verbal point, and My elder brother, Balarama, finally killed him
- At those times, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would visit Lord Jagannatha. Then His feelings exactly corresponded to those of the gopis when they saw Krsna at Kuruksetra after long separation. Krsna had come to Kuruksetra with His brother and sister to visit
- Baladeva, or Balarama, is the elder brother of Krsna. He is an expansion of the Godhead Himself, and therefore to be considered and incarnation of God, as explained in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Balarama and Baladeva are different names for the same expansion of Krsna. He is Krsna's elder brother
- Balarama said, "Tell Him He should not leave the house today." This shows how Balarama, Krsna's elder brother, took care of Krsna with parental love, within the scope of fraternal affection
- Being afraid of His mother, Krsna replied, “My dear mother, all these boys, including My elder brother, Balarama, are speaking lies against Me
- Both brothers, Lord Krsna and Lord Baladeva, went to Mathura from Vrndavana and killed Their maternal uncle (Kamsa), who had given so much trouble to Their parents, Vasudeva and Devaki
- I understand that You (Krsna) have appeared in order to kill the uncivilized Kamsa and his followers. But knowing that You were to appear in order to kill him and his followers, he has already killed so many of Your predecessors, Your elder brothers
- In His village of Vrndavana He enjoyed Himself with His mother, brother and friends, and when He played the role of a naughty butter thief, all His associates enjoyed celestial bliss by His stealing
- In reply to this, Canura said, "My dear Krsna, we can understand very well that You are neither a child nor a young man. You are transcendental to everyone, as is Your big brother, Balarama"
- In the presence of all the damsels of Vraja, He presented the valuable jewel (resembling a conchshell) to His elder brother, Balarama
- In this way Sri Krsna, along with His elder brother Balarama, passed the childhood age known as kaumara and stepped into the age of pauganda, from the sixth year up to the tenth
- Krsna addressed Balarama, "My dear elder brother, best among the Aryans, You are the Lord of the universe, and, specifically, You are the protector of the Yadu dynasty"
- Krsna and Balarama present Themselves as younger brother and elder brother, but in the scriptures They are described as the original Supreme Personality of Godhead and His expansion
- Krsna appeared along with Balarama (Baladeva), who is known as His elder brother. Balarama is the origin of Sankarsana, of the quadruple expansion. Balarama is also the plenary expansion of Krsna
- Krsna continued, "There is one difficulty, and that is that My elder brother, Sri Balarama, does not believe My version that the jewel is with you (Akrura)"
- Krsna first of all offered respect to His spiritual master, then to His father and then to His elder brother, Balarama. In this way Lord Krsna, the lotus-eyed, was completely happy and pure at heart in all of His dealings
- Krsna replied, "My elder brother, Balarama, while playing with Me today, became angry, and therefore He has joined with the other boys to complain against Me. They have all combined together to complain so you will be angry and chastise Me"
- Krsna said, "As they were washing My cheeks, My dear elder brother, for at least one moment I completely lost Myself"
- Krsna said, "How could that happen? My brother, Lord Balarama, is there, and it is impossible for anyone to conquer Balaramaji. He is in charge of Dvaraka City, and I know He is always alert"
- Krsna said, "My dear brother, You are the supreme worshipable Godhead. Just see how the peacocks are dancing before You in great ecstasy. The deer, whose behavior is just like that of the gopis, are welcoming You with the same affection"
- Krsna saw the two chariots present before Him and immediately addressed His elder brother, Balarama, who is also known as Sankarsana
- Krsna spoke to His elder brother Balarama as follows, "My dear brother, You are superior to all of us, and Your lotus feet are worshiped by the demigods. Just see how these trees, full with fruits and flowers, have bent down to worship Your lotus feet"
- Krsna was always very silent about His love affairs with Radharani, so much so that Baladeva, Krsna's elder brother and constant companion, could not understand the transformations of Krsna on account of His gravity
- Lord Krsna and Lord Baladeva were constant companions from Their very childhood, although They were stepbrothers
- Lord Krsna then addressed His devotees, "My dear brothers, My dear father, My dear inhabitants of Vrndavana, you can now safely enter under the umbrella of Govardhana Hill, which I have just lifted"
- Lord Krsna's gentle behavior before His so-called superiors such as His father, grandfather and elder brother, His amiable behavior with His so-called wives, friends and contemporaries, His behavior as a child before His mother Yasoda
- Lord Krsna, along with His elder brother, Lord Baladeva, lived at Vrndavana in this auspicious (rainy) season
- Lord Sri Krsna, along with His elder brother, Sri Baladeva, and other cowherd boys of the vicinity, entered the beautiful forest, accompanied by the cows, to display transcendental pastimes with His eternal friends
- Maha-Visnu is actually an expansion of Balarama, who is Krsna's first expansion and, in the Vrndavana pastimes, His brother - CC Intro
- My (Krsna's) elder brother, Balarama, has joined them (in plotting complain against Krsna). Actually, I have not done this (eating dirt). Take My words as true. Do not be angry and chastise Me
- O my (Vasudeva) Lord (Krsna), Lord of the demigods, after hearing the prophecy that You would take birth in our (Vasudeva's and Devaki's) home and kill him, this uncivilized Kamsa killed so many of Your elder brothers - SB 10.3.22
- Observing the inauspicious signs, the cowherd men, including Maharaja Nanda, became very anxious out of fear. At the same time they were informed that Krsna had gone to the pasturing ground without His elder brother, Balarama
- On hearing this, the S P of Godhead, Krsna, replied, “Akrura, I shall surely come to your home with My elder brother, Balarama, but only after killing all the demons who are envious of the Yadu dynasty. In this way I shall please all My relatives
- Once Sridama challenged Bhadrasena and said to him, "My dear friend, you needn't be afraid of me yet. I shall first of all defeat our brother Balarama, then I shall beat Krsna, and then I shall come to you"
- Once when Krsna came before Lord Balarama, He was anxious to offer His respects to His elder brother, but at that time Balarama's club was lowered down upon Krsna's lotus feet
- Once, when He (Lord Krsna) was engaged in tending the calves in the forest along with His elder brother, Balarama, a demon named Bakasura appeared, and Krsna at once bifurcated the demon's beak
- One cowherd boy said, "When Krsna, along with His brother, Balarama, entered the Talavana forest, the demon known as Dhenukasura, in the shape of an ass, attacked Them and was immediately killed by Balarama"
- Sometimes when Lord Krsna's elder brother, Lord Balarama, felt tired after playing and lay His head on the lap of a cowherd boy, Lord Krsna Himself served Him by massaging His feet
- Somewhere Lord Krsna was found discussing the ultimate auspicious activity for the entire human society with His elder brother, Lord Balarama
- Sri Baladeva is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. He is equal in supremacy to the Supreme Godhead, yet wherever Krsna appears, Sri Baladeva appears as His brother, sometimes elder and sometimes younger
- Sri Baladeva was very angry at Arjuna (for kidnapping Subhadra), and He wanted to kill him, but Lord Krsna implored His brother to excuse Arjuna
- Sri Krsna knew that His elder brother, Lord Baladeva, was arranging her (Subhadra's) marriage elsewhere, and since He did not dare to go against the arrangement of Baladeva, He advised Arjuna to kidnap Subhadra
- Subhadra: Daughter of Vasudeva and sister of Lord Sri Krsna. She was not only a very dear daughter of Vasudeva, but also a very dear sister to both Krsna and Baladeva. The two brothers and sister are represented in the famous Jagannatha temple of Puri
- Sudama thought, "Lord Krsna was so kind to me that He allowed me to sit on the same bedstead where the goddess of fortune lies down. He considered me His real brother"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "To the Vrsnis He (Krsna) is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In such a predominating position Krsna appeared in that arena along with His older brother Balarama"
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells King Pariksit, "My dear King, as soon as Akrura the chariot driver saw Lord Krsna and His elder brother Balarama in Vrndavana, he immediately got down from the chariot"
- That Maha-Visnu who lies on the Causal Ocean is actually an expansion of Balarama, who is Krsna's first expansion, and, in the Vrndavana pastimes, is the brother of Krsna
- The cuckoos there sing nicely in five kinds of tunes. Krsna, the reservoir of pleasure, blowing His flute, accompanied by His elder brother Balarama and the other cowherd boys and the cows, entered the beautiful forest of Vrndavana to enjoy the atmosphere
- The gopis said, "Now, how shall we live even for a moment if He (Krsna) goes away from us? At the end of the day, in the evening, along with His elder brother Balarama, Krsna would return home with His friends"
- The other gopi continued, "Here the vibration of the flute was heard, and Krsna, along with His elder brother, Sri Balarama, enjoyed the atmosphere in our company. Thus the environment of Vrndavana constantly reminds us of Krsna and Balarama"
- The sacrifice (undertaken by the sages of Naimisaranya) was to continue for one thousand years, and it is understood that in the beginning some of the contemporaries of Baladeva, the elder brother of Lord Krsna, also visited the sacrificial place
- The two transcendental brothers, Krsna and Balarama, were naturally beautiful and had beautiful complexions, and They were nicely dressed in colorful garments
- There is a description of Krsna's feeling for his vayasyas in Vrndavana. He once said to Balarama, "My dear brother, when My companions were being devoured by the Aghasura, hot tears poured down from My eyes
- There was not much difference of Their (Krsna and Balarama) age, say one year or two years, like that. So Balarama was eldest brother
- Thereafter, His father, being afraid of Kamsa, brought Him to the cow pastures of Maharaja Nanda, and there He lived for eleven years like a covered flame with His elder brother, Baladeva
- They (the Queens) were especially surprised to see that Lord Krsna had embraced him exactly as He embraced His elder brother, Balaramaji, because Lord Krsna used to embrace only Rukmini or Balarama, and no one else
- This Kamsa imprisoned his father and became the King of Mathura. By the grace of Lord Krsna and His brother, Lord Baladeva, Kamsa was killed, and Ugrasena was reinstalled on the throne
- This song refers to Srimati Radharani’s meeting with Krsna at the holy place of Kuruksetra, where Lord Sri Krsna and His brother and sister came to visit when there was a solar eclipse. It is a song of separation from Krsna
- To please Rukmini, Balarama personally untied Rukmi, and to further please her, Balarama, as the elder brother of Krsna, spoke some words of chastisement. "Krsna, Your action is not at all satisfactory"
- We can simply imagine how fierce the fighting was - Lord Siva with his valiant sons on one side, and Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and His elder brother, Sri Balaramaji, on the other
- When Krishna appeared on the earth Pradyumna appeared as His son born of Rukmini. The immediate expansion of Krishna is Baladeva who appeared as elder brother of Krishna and Baladeva expands Himself further as Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Pradyumna, Aniruddha
- When Krsna appears, all His plenary expansions and other incarnations appear with Him. This is elaborately explained in Caitanya-caritamrta. This time, Baladeva would appear before Krsna as Krsna's elder brother
- When Lord Krsna appeared, He (Balarama) became His elder brother to serve Him to His heart's content and make Him enjoy all sorts of happiness
- While this was happening, Balarama, who is the master of all knowledge, stood there simply smiling. He knew how powerful His younger brother was & that there was no cause for anxiety when Krsna was fighting with an ordinary serpent of the material world
- Without hesitation, she (hunchback) caught the rear part of His cloth, began to pull it. She smiled flirtatiously & admitted that she was agitated by lusty desires. She forgot that she was on the street & before the elder brother of Krsna & His friends