This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Begging"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- Although Krsna is the maintainer of everyone, sometimes He takes the part of a beggar. He begs to benefit the charitable. Who is giving in charity, he is benefited. Just like Bali Maharaja, he gave everything to Vamanadeva. There are different devotees
- Anyone who voluntarily cooperates with Krishna's desire He responds to his call very eagerly. Krishna descends to teach us Bhagavad-gita begging our cooperation and anyone who cooperates with Him becomes blessed
- As God, Krsna's energy creates and sustains everything, so why should he beg a leaf, a fruit and a little water from us? He will be very pleased
- He (Jarasandha) also thought that he had seen them (Krsna, Arjuna and Bhima) somewhere before. But although these three persons were ksatriyas, they had come to his door begging alms like brahmanas
- He (Jarasandha) decided that he would fulfill their (Krsna's, Arjuna's and Bhima's) desires in spite of their being ksatriyas, because they had already diminished their position by appearing before him as beggars
- He (Krsna) therefore told Narada, "Since Your Holiness is a brahmana, it is Our duty to offer you something as far as possible. Therefore, I beg you to please order Me. What can I do for you"
- If we no longer want to be in such a fearful condition, we have to take shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna. Krsna is begging us to come to Him because we are all His sons
- If you offer Krsna little things... Krsna is not hungry; Krsna is providing food for everyone. Eko yo bahunam vidadhati kaman. But Krsna wants your love, your devotion. Therefore He is begging little patram puspam phalam toyam
- It is not that Krsna is hungry and is begging food from us. The purpose of this offering is to create a loving transaction. Krsna wants this transaction: You love Me, and I'll love you
- It is simply illusion for one to think that Krsna begged food from the brahmanas. It was actually a trick to show them mercy by teaching them that they should accept Him in pure devotional service instead of engaging in ritualistic ceremonies
- Krsna addressed Jarasandha as follows: "My dear King, please note that we are not actually brahmanas, nor have we come to ask for food or grain. We are all ksatriyas, & we have come to beg a duel with you. We hope that you will agree to this proposal"
- Krsna continued, "You (Rukmini) mistakenly heard about My having very exalted character, although factually I was nothing more than a beggar. Without seeing Me and My actual position, simply by hearing about Me, you selected Me as your husband"
- Krsna is not in want of money, for He is the original proprietor of everything (Isavasyam idam sarvam (ISO 1)). But still He asks us for charity. For example, Krsna, in the guise of Vamana, a dwarf brahmana, went to beg from Bali Maharaja
- Krsna says that "Anyone who offers Me a little fruit, a little water, and little leaf with devotion and love, I accept it." Krsna is not hungry that He is begging some food from us. No. He is trying to create loving transaction
- Krsna, when He wants, "Give Me a little flower, a little fruit, a little water," it does not mean that He is begging. He is just inducing me to the practice of offering everything which belongs to Krsna
- Lord Krsna begged food from the wives of the yajnic brahmanas, and Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed a similar pastime by begging rice from Suklambara Brahmacari
- Lord Visnu said, "My dear brahmana, I am very sorry that when you first entered My home I could not receive you properly. It was a great offense on My part, and I beg you to pardon Me"
- The smarta-brahmanas, who were simply sacrificial-minded, could not understand the dictation of the transcendental devotees of the Lord. They could not even appreciate the begging of the Supreme Lord, Krsna and Balarama
- They then all discussed the story of Sri Madhavendra Puri's installation of the Gopala Deity, and they discussed how Gopala begged sandalwood from him
- We are flattering Laksmiji, "Give me some favor," but Krsna doesn't flatter anyone. Sometimes He does out of love to Radharani. That Laksmi is Radharani. Therefore She is the topmost of all Laksmis. So why Krsna will be beggar, daridra
- When we create any loving transaction with any boy or girl, man or woman, we give and take. Thus Krsna is teaching us how to give and take. Krsna is begging us: Try to love Me. Learn how to love Me. Offer something to Me
- When you create loving transaction with any boy or girl or any man, any friend, the give and take. So Krsna is teaching us give and take. "You give something," Krsna is begging
- Why He (Krsna) is asking that patram puspam phalam toyam? He is so rich, so opulent, still He is begging that, - Little flower, a little water, a little fruit, if offered to Me with devotion and love, I accept and eat it