Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Bed (7 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Bed"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- After rising from bed, Lord Krsna would wash His mouth, hands and feet and would immediately sit down and meditate on Himself. This does not mean, however, that we should also sit down and meditate on ourselves. We have to meditate upon Radha-Krsna
- After the brahmana had been received nicely and seated on Lord Krsna's own cushioned bed, he and Krsna took each other's hands and began to talk about their early life, when they had both lived under the protection of the gurukula
- Also describe Deity worship, wherein one should offer food to Krsna at least five times daily and in due time place Him on a bed
- Although Rukminidevi, the first queen of Lord Krsna, knew that brahma-muhurta is the most auspicious time in the entire day, she would feel disgusted at the appearance of brahma-muhurta because she was not very happy to have Krsna leave her side in bed
- Arjuna said to Lord Krsna: I have dishonored You many times, jesting as we relaxed, lay on the same bed, or sat or ate together, sometimes alone and sometimes in front of many friends. O infallible one, please excuse me for all those offenses
- As soon as They lay down on the bedding, They very quickly fell fast asleep. In this way, Krsna and Balarama used to enjoy Vrndavana life as cowherd boys
- He (Ananta Sesa) serves Lord Krsna, assuming all the following forms: umbrella, slippers, bedding, pillow, garments, resting chair, residence, sacred thread and throne
- He (Krsna) got down from the bedstead, lifted her (Rukmini) up by her hands and, placing His cooling hands on her face, smoothed the scattered hair on her head
- Hearing that sound (the crowing of the cocks), Krsna would get up from bed, but His rising early was not very much to the liking of His wives
- In due time, the brahmana took his bath, accepted his meals & lay down to rest on a bedstead completely bedecked with soft silk. As he was resting, Krsna silently approached, with great respect, put the brahmana's legs on His lap & began to massage them
- In some palace He (Krsna) was found (by Narada) lying down on His bedstead taking rest, and somewhere else He was found sitting in His chair, being praised by the prayers of His different devotees
- Instead of being angry or cursing Bhrgu Muni, Lord Visnu immediately got up from His bed along with His wife, the goddess of fortune, and offered respectful obeisances to the brahmana
- Lord Krsna had him seated on His own bedstead and personally brought all kinds of fruits and drinks to offer him, as is proper in receiving a worshipable guest
- Lord Krsna used to lie down with His sixteen thousand wives, but He would also rise from bed very early in the morning, three hours before sunrise
- The cowherd friends used to please Krsna by sitting together with Him on couches or on swings, by lying together on their beds, by joking together and by swimming in the pool
- The Queens knew that he must have performed great pious activities; otherwise why was Krsna, the husband of the goddess of fortune, taking care of him so much? They were still more surprised to see that the brahmana was seated on the bedstead of Krsna
- The wives of Krsna were so much attached to Him that they would lie in bed embracing Him, and as soon as the cocks crowed, Krsna's wives would be very sorry and would immediately condemn the crowing
- There are many nice things offered to Krsna - garlands, bedsteads, nice ornaments, nice food and even nicely prepared pan, betel nuts - but a humble Vaisnava, thinking his body material and nasty, does not accept such preparations for himself
- They (Krsna and Balarama) were given palatable dishes by Their mothers (Yasoda and Rohini), and They pleasantly ate everything. After eating, They were seated nicely on clean bedding, and the mothers began to sing various songs of Their activities