"Haridasa Chota"|"Chota Prabhu" |"Haridasa Junior" |"Junior Haridasa" |"Chota Haridasa"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya and Junior Haridasa (3 P)
Pages in category "Junior Haridasa"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total.
- A devotee named Chota Haridasa used to sing for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Bhagavan Acarya called him to his home and spoke as follows
- A devotee returned to Navadvipa from Prayaga and told everyone the details of Junior Haridasa's suicide
- After begging the rice from her, Junior Haridasa brought it to Bhagavan Acarya, who was very pleased to see its quality
- After saying this, Paramananda Puri Gosani left for his own home. Then all the devotees went to see Junior Haridasa
- After this, the Lord punished Junior Haridasa, and Damodara Pandita gave some warning to the Lord
- Haridasa cannot have been degraded; he must have attained liberation. This is a pastime of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's. You will all understand it later
- Haridasa fasted continuously for three days. Then Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and other confidential devotees approached Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to inquire from Him
- Haridasa must have committed suicide by drinking poison, and because of this sinful act, he has now become a brahmana ghost
- Having said this, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami induced Haridasa to bathe and take prasadam. After thus reassuring him, he returned home
- He explained how Junior Haridasa had made his resolution and had thus entered the waters at the confluence of the Yamuna and Ganges. Hearing these details, Srivasa Thakura and the other devotees were very surprised
- In a spiritual body resembling that of a Gandharva, Junior Haridasa, although invisible, would sing at night for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to hear. No one but the Lord, however, knew of this
- In this way a complete year passed for Junior Haridasa, but still there was not a sign of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy toward him
- Junior Haridasa afterwards committed suicide due to being disassociated from the company of the Lord (Caitanya), and the news of suicide was duly related to the Lord
- Junior Haridasa chanted the Hare Krsna mantra throughout his entire life and served the Supreme Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Moreover, he is dear to the Lord and has died in a holy place
- Junior Haridasa had conclusively decided to attain shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Thus he entered deep into the water at Triveni, the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna at Prayaga, and in this way gave up his life
- Junior Haridasa had made his resolution and had thus entered the waters at the confluence of the Yamuna and Ganges. Hearing these details, Srivasa Thakura and the other devotees were very surprised
- Junior Haridasa went to the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna and committed suicide. In his spiritual body, however, he continued to sing devotional songs, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard them
- One day Jagadananda, Svarupa, Govinda, Kasisvara, Sankara, Damodara and Mukunda all went to bathe in the sea. They could hear Haridasa singing from a distant place as if calling them in his original voice
- One day Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired from the devotees, "Where is Haridasa? Now you may bring him here"
- Other devotees of the Lord (Caitanya) had appealed to Him to forgive Haridasa, but He replied, "All of you can forgive him and live with him. I shall live alone"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the teacher of the entire world, and therefore He enforced this exemplary punishment (of Junior Haridasa) to establish that illicit sexual connections are never allowed by Vaisnava philosophy
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the ocean of mercy, chastised Junior Haridasa, although Junior Haridasa was His dear devotee, to establish that one in the devotional line, engaged in pure devotional service, should not be a hypocrite
- Summarizing this chapter (the Chastisement of Junior Haridasa), Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura says that one should derive from it the following lessons...
- Svarupa Damodara Gosani said, "Please hear us, Haridasa, for we all wish you well. Please believe this"
- The devotees all replied, "One night at the end of a full year, Junior Haridasa got up and went away. No one knows where he has gone"
- The Lord (Caitanya) formed another group (during the Ratha-yatra), appointing Govinda Ghosa as leader. In this group the younger Haridasa, Visnudasa and Raghava were the responding singer
- The Lord (Caitanya) told him (Junior Haridasa), "You are living with Me in the renounced order, and yet you are looking at a woman with lust"
- The Lord as Supersoul could detect the lust in the mind of Junior Haridasa, who was at once banished from the Lord's association and was never accepted again, even though the Lord was implored to excuse Haridasa for the mistake
- The Lord formed another group, appointing Govinda Ghosa as leader. In this group the younger Haridasa, Visnudasa and Raghava were the responding singers
- The Lord inquired, "What is your order? For what purpose have you come here?" Paramananda Puri then submitted his prayer that the Lord show favor to Junior Haridasa
- The Lord is persisting, and if you also persist, His persistence will increase. It is better for you to bathe and take prasadam. In due course, His anger will automatically subside
- The next day, all the devotees together approached the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to submit an appeal on behalf of Junior Haridasa
- The Second Chapter tells how the Lord instructively punished Junior Haridasa. Also in that chapter is a description of the wonderful vision of Sivananda Sena
- Then all the devotees, headed by Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, concluded that because Haridasa had committed suicide at the confluence of the rivers Ganges and Yamuna, he must have ultimately attained shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Then Srivasa Thakura related the details of Haridasa’s decision and his entering the waters at the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna
- They all remained with Govinda to serve Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu; therefore no one could estimate the good fortune of Govinda
- They said, "Haridasa has committed a small offense. Therefore, O Lord, please be merciful to him. Now he has received a sufficient lesson. In the future he will not commit such an offense"
- They said, "We cannot see his material form but still we hear his sweet singing. Therefore he must have become a ghost." Svarupa Damodara, however, protested, This is a false guess
- Thus at the end of one night, Junior Haridasa, after offering Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu his respectful obeisances, departed for Prayaga without saying anything to anyone
- What great offense has Junior Haridasa committed? Why has he been forbidden to come to Your door? He has now been fasting for three days
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to see Lord Jagannatha in the temple, Haridasa would stay a long distance away and see Him
- When Srivasa Thakura inquired from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Where is Junior Haridasa?" the Lord replied, "A person is sure to achieve the results of his fruitive activities"
- With His followers in the renounced order, however, Lord Caitanya was very strict. He even banished Junior Haridasa, an important kirtana leader, for glancing lustfully at a woman