Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Items of Devotional Service to God
item | itemize | items
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Items of Devotional Service to God"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Adoption of any of the above-mentioned items (hearing, chanting etc), can help a conditioned soul get out of the tangle of nescience and thus become liberated from all material sufferings created by the living being illusioned by the external energy
- All these different items are favorable in elevating saintly persons situated in santa-rasa to the advanced stage of devotional service
- Of the nine different items of bhakti-yoga, the first and foremost is to chant and hear about the Lord
- On the path of regulative devotional service, one must observe the following items: (1) One must accept a bona fide spiritual master. (2) One must accept initiation from him. (3) One must serve him
- One should be very careful as far as these items are concerned. If one is not careful, one will be negligent in executing devotional service
- One should surrender to Krsna in all respects. (35) One should observe particular vows like kartika-vrata. These are some of the sixty-four important items of devotional service
- The idea is that we should follow in the footsteps of great devotees. If we are unable to execute all the different items of devotional service, we must try to execute at least one of them, as exemplified by previous acaryas
- There are many devotees who execute only one of the nine processes of devotional service. Nonetheless, they get ultimate success. Devotees like Maharaja Ambarisa execute all nine items, and they also get ultimate success
- These ten items are preliminary necessities for beginning the discharge of devotional service in regulative principles
- This process entails always considering oneself the eternal servant of Krsna, making friends with Him and dedicating everything unto Him. These nine items of devotional service, when directly offered to Krsna, constitute the highest attainment of life
- To be elevated to the platform of devotional service, the following five items should be observed: association with devotees, engagement in the service of Krsna, the reading of SB, the chanting of the holy names and residence at Vrndavana or Mathura