Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
initial | initially
Pages in category "Initial"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- Alas, before We met there was an initial attachment between Us brought about by an exchange of glances. In this way attachment evolved. That attachment has gradually grown, and there is no limit to it
- Although the effulgence of the moon is brilliant initially at night, in the daytime it fades away. Similarly, although the lotus is beautiful during the daytime, at night it closes
- As a disease, if initially neglected, becomes acute and impossible to cure, or as the senses, if not controlled at first, are impossible to control later, an enemy, if neglected in the beginning, later becomes insurmountable
- Because of Krsna's kidnapping Rukmini, there was initially some misunderstanding between the two families
- By advancing in hearing and chanting, a devotee becomes more firmly fixed in his faith, and gradually his initial faith develops into a taste for devotional service, and that taste gradually develops into attachment
- I have previously described in synopsis the adi-lila (initial pastimes), which have already been fully described by Vrndavana dasa Thakura
- In the initial stages, the attempt to fix the mind on Krsna may be unsuccessful, but with regulated practice (abhyasa-yoga) it becomes possible
- In the material world also, the initial creator is the Lord Himself. He brings about the creation of Brahma, who becomes the subsequent creator, empowered by the Lord
- Initially, one must develop confidence by hearing the science of devotion from a qualified spiritual master
- The faint illumination of knowledge that appears at first is certain to lead to full enlightenment, but we have to be patient. We must carefully avoid letting pride enter our hearts because of some initial perceptions of the inconceivable Absolute
- The first initial stage is called sraddha, or a liking for the Supreme Lord, and in order to increase that liking one has to associate with pure devotees of the Lord
- There are five transcendental rasas, or mellows. The initial stage is called santa-rati, wherein one who is liberated from material contamination appreciates the greatness of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- There is a gradual order of improvement in transcendental mellows from the initial ones to the later ones