Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
inimical | inimically
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Inimical"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- Actually we belong to the caste of meat-eaters because we are servants of meat-eaters. Indeed, our activities are exactly like those of the meat-eaters. Because we always associate with such people, we are inimical toward the cows and brahmanas
- All preachers will have to meet opponents, but they should not make them more inimical
- Although a sadhu is not inimical towards anyone, the world is so ungrateful that even a sadhu has many enemies
- Atheists like King Vena, however, being unable to think of Krsna's form in any of these five ways, cannot attain salvation. Therefore, one must somehow think of Krsna, whether in a friendly way or inimically
- He is thus ready to suffer the threefold miseries - miseries brought about by the body and mind, the inimical behavior of other living entities and natural disturbances caused by the demigods
- Here in this material world the citizens may be inimical to the chief executives or heads of state, but in Vaikuntha there is no such mentality
- Hiranyakasipus are always inimical with the devotees of the Lord even if such devotee happens to be a son. Hiranyakasipu persecuted Prahlada although he was a boy of 5 years old and a beloved son of Hiranyakasipu
- How can a person equal to everyone be partial to some and inimical toward others?
- If the creative laws are changed according to the whims of providence, then providence certainly should not be considered merciful, but must be considered inimical to the created being
- Inimical mood
- Instead of being inimical toward other living entities, one should act piously by engaging in the service of the Supreme Lord, thus avoiding a fearful situation both in this life and in the next
- Krsna continued, "I have personally created this inimical feeling by fighting with them in many ways. Another fault is that although I am on the throne of Dvaraka, I have no immediate claim"
- Krsna immediately caught his (Aristasura's) horns and tossed him away, just as a gigantic elephant repels a small inimical elephant. Although the demon was perspiring and appeared very tired, he took courage and got up
- Krsna persisted, "Even for those who are not so liberal, nothing should be kept secret from the family members and friends, although secrecy may be maintained for persons who are inimical. Therefore you cannot keep any secrets from Me"
- Maharaja Drupada was inimical toward Dronacarya, and thus when he attacked the Acarya, Arjuna got him arrested and brought him before Dronacarya
- Many, many persons have attained liberation simply by thinking of Krsna with great attention and giving up sinful activities. This great attention may be due to lusty desires, inimical feelings, fear, affection or devotional service
- The Lord is addressed here as acyuta, the infallible, because He takes care of His devotees. Anyone inimical to the devotees is certainly vanquished by the mercy of the Lord
- The Lord killed many inimical nondevotees, but they all received sarupya; in other words, they returned to their original spiritual bodies. One who does not know the Lord's position says that God is unkind to him but merciful to others
- The personified Vedas continued, "Even after much laborious austerity, penance and regulation, they (mystic yogis) achieve the same destination as persons inimical toward You (the Lord)"
- The pure devotee of Lord Krsna is never inimical to anyone, nor can any sane person be an enemy of a pure devotee
- The yogi should meditate upon His club, which is named Kaumodaki and is very dear to Him. This club smashes the demons, who are always inimical soldiers, and is smeared with their blood
- These ghostly-haunted men become very inimical to the guardians and want to kill them. Many cases. And abuse the father, mother, like anything
- We have no business creating enemies, but the process is such that non-devotees will always be inimical toward us
- When his (Arjuna's) inimical cousin Duryodhana was under the clutches of the Gandharvas, he wanted to save him and requested the Gandharvas to release Duryodhana, but the Gandharvas refused, and thus he fought with them and got Duryodhana released
- When lust and hankering are unsatisfied, the element of krodha appears, which is the formidable enemy of the conditioned soul. This most sinful and inimical passion is represented as ahankara