Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
inferior | inferiority | inferiors | inferior's
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Inferior"
The following 118 pages are in this category, out of 118 total.
- A faithful devotee is a truly eligible candidate for the loving service of the Lord. According to one's faith, one is classified as a topmost devotee, an intermediate devotee or an inferior devotee
- A man's psychology and woman's psychology are different. As constituted by bodily frame, a man always wants to be superior to his wife, and a woman, as bodily constituted, is naturally inferior to her husband
- A woman, as bodily constituted, is naturally inferior to her husband. Thus the natural instinct is that the husband wants to post himself as superior to the wife, and this must be observed
- According to Sanskrit conception, service is offered to the superior. And to the inferior, mercy
- According to the Vedic civilization, a wife cannot call her husband by name. In the present civilization the wife calls her husband by name, but in Hindu civilization she does not. Thus the inferiority and superiority complexes are recognized
- According to Vedic civilization, right hand is the superior hand, and left hand is the inferior hand. When you want to give somebody something, you must give it with the right hand. If you give it by the left hand, it is insult
- All energies are working under the direction of Krsna, because it is in touch with Krsna, therefore nothing is inferior or material. Everything is spiritual
- All the Vedas - the Rg Veda, Yajur Veda, Sama Veda and Atharva Veda, along with their corollaries, known as siksa, kalpa, vyakarana, nirukta, chanda and jyotisa - belong to the inferior system of material knowledge (apara vidya)
- Although the supreme source is one, the emanations from this source should be separately regarded as inferior and superior. The difference between the Mayavada and Vaisnava philosophies is that the Vaisnava philosophy recognizes this fact
- Anything you take material, material thing has no value, it is inferior, but by the touch of the superior energy, the living entity, it becomes important
- At that time (when he witnessed the universal form) Arjuna forgot himself and could not understand that he was Arjuna, Krsna's friend, although he was always dependent upon Krsna's mercy. This incident is an example of inferior dependence
- Balarama said, "On the other hand, Duryodhana is superior in the art of fighting with a club. Taking this into consideration, My opinion is that neither of you is inferior to the other in fighting"
- Because you are also part and parcel of Krsna, therefore you have got the quality of independence, to make your choice whether to be under the influence of this inferior nature or to become under the influence of superior nature
- Besides this inferior nature, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is another, superior energy of Mine, which comprises the living entities who are exploiting the resources of this material, inferior nature
- Bewildered by the modes of material nature, the ignorant fully engage themselves in material activities and become attached. But the wise should not unsettle them, although these duties are inferior due to the performers' lack of knowledge (BG 3.29)
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu also had a discussion with the Tattvavadi community, and the Tattvavadis felt themselves to be inferior Vaisnavas
- Consciousness is already there because we are part and parcel of the Lord, but for us there is the affinity of being affected by the inferior modes. But the Lord, being the Supreme, is never affected
- Cosmic manifestation is called "nature," but there is another nature, which is superior. The cosmic manifestation is inferior nature, but beyond this nature, which is manifested and unmanifested, there is another nature, which is called sanatana, eternal
- Dependence is also grouped under ecstatic love & this can be divided into superior dependence and inferior dependence. The direct differentiations between superior & inferior dependence are ascertained by Rupa Gosvami and will be presented in due course
- Devotional service to the Supreme Lord, which leads one to eternal, blissful and all-cognizant life, is called the superior quality of occupation. This is sometimes polluted when mixed with the inferior quality
- Dharma, artha, kama and moksa are called catur-varga. They are all within the system of inferior, material knowledge
- Duty of the inferior to carry out the order of the superior with great respect
- Every devotee should be ready to take instructions from a superior Vaisnava, and a superior Vaisnava must be ready to help an inferior Vaisnava in all respects
- Every one of the innumerable planets within the universes is endowed with a particular type of atmosphere, and the living beings there are advanced in science, psychology, etc., according to the superiority or inferiority of the atmosphere
- Happiness derived from pure devotional service is the highest because it is eternal. But the happiness derived from material perfection or understanding oneself to be Brahman is inferior because it is temporary
- Have you (Arjuna) contacted a woman of impeachable character, or have you not properly treated a deserving woman? Or have you been defeated on the way by someone who is inferior or equal to you?
- He (Krsna) addressed Pradyumna thus, "My dear boy, just give up your inferiority complex, and do not hang your neck"
- I hope you will not take my offering in an inferior complex but accept it in a spirit of love for the Bhagavad-gita
- I was born in an inferior family, and my body is most abominable. I always engage in low work. Therefore, I am the lowest, most condemned of men
- If a man finds a woman who is from an inferior family but who has good qualities, he can accept such a brilliant wife, as advised by Sri Canakya Pandita
- If he associates with the mode of ignorance, he gets the body of an animal or an inferior man, but if he associates with the mode of goodness or passion, he gets a body accordingly
- If one cherishes pure loving devotion to Me, thinking of Me as his son, his friend or his beloved, regarding himself as great and considering Me his equal or inferior, I become subordinate to him
- If one has full faith in Krsna and confidence in Him, one becomes eligible to discharge devotional service confidentially. According to one's faith, one is a topmost, intermediate or inferior devotee
- If you like to remain as inferior, you can remain. God has given you independence. And if you like to become superior, you can become superior. It is not God's discrimination; it is your discrimination
- In order to follow in his (Prahlada's) footsteps, saintly persons will try to emulate his character by practicing freedom from animosity, just as the purifying processes rectify gold of inferior quality
- In the present civilization the wife calls her husband by name, but in Hindu civilization she does not. Thus the inferiority and superiority complexes are recognized
- In the Seventh Chapter (of Bhagavad-gita) we have already discussed the opulent potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, His different energies, the inferior and superior natures, and all this material manifestation
- In the spiritual world to accept one's inferior position does not mean envious mentality upon the other
- Individual soul and Supersoul are compared to swans. One swan is superior and is the instructor of the other. When the inferior swan is separated from the other swan, he is attracted to material enjoyment. This is the cause of his falldown
- Inferior devotee
- Inferior people cannot accept the real God, yet they are very eager to accept an imitation God who can simply bluff foolish people. All this is going on in this Age of Kali
- It is abominable for a ksatriya to be defeated by one who is inferior in strength or equal in strength. If one is defeated at all, he should be defeated by some superior power
- It may be clearly said that the understanding of a woman is always inferior to the understanding of a man
- Krsna continued, "In comparison to Sisupala, with his personal qualities, I am nothing. And you (Rukmini) may personally realize it. I am surprised that you rejected the marriage with Sisupala and accepted Me, who am inferior in comparison to Sisupala"
- Krsna continued, "Now, of course, I may address you (Rukmini) as My beautiful wife, but still I may inform you of My actual position - that I am inferior to all those princes who wanted to marry you"
- Lord Krsna is detached from the variegatedness of the inferior nature, but He is in eternal, blissful enjoyment of the spiritual nature, or His internal potency
- Lord Krsna is the source of all incarnations, and all others are His parts or partial incarnations. We find that the whole and the part behave as superior and inferior
- Lord Krsna thought: "If one cherishes pure loving devotion to Me, thinking of Me as his son, his friend or his beloved, regarding himself as great and considering Me his equal or inferior, I become subordinate to him"
- Love for Krsna has this one unique effect: it imbues superiors, equals and inferiors with the spirit of service to Lord Krsna
- Mana indicates a superior, and dana indicates one who gives charitable gifts or is compassionate towards an inferior. We cannot treat the Supreme Personality of Godhead as an inferior who is dependent on our charitable gifts
- Mayavadi philosophy is inferior to Buddhist philosophy, which directly denies Vedic authority. Because Mayavada philosophy is disguised as Vedanta philosophy, it is more dangerous than Buddhism or atheism
- Of course, any yoga system, we cannot say it is third class, fourth class, but when we make comparative study, there must be something better or something inferior
- Once Narada had taken a parijata flower and presented it to Krsna's senior wife, Sri Rukmini-devi. On account of this, Satyabhama had developed an inferiority complex; she also wanted such a flower from Krsna
- One is superior or inferior according to his spiritual development in Krsna consciousness. One is forbidden to observe the activities of a pure Vaisnava from a material point of view
- One should have the practical knowledge that matter, being an inferior state of existence, is useless for our spiritual, blissful life, whereas spirit, being a finer state, is full of bliss
- Seva means to give service to the superior, and daya means to give service to the inferior. Both of them are service
- Simply criticizing and no work, that is the business of inferior men
- Since Krsna has nothing to do with the material conception of life because He is absolute spiritual identity, there is for Him no superior or inferior action
- So far question of inferior, superior, that is your calculation. But we say that by nature, a woman and man is different
- Sri Caitanya continued, "You are a great, spiritually advanced personality, and therefore you cannot worship a person like Me. I am far inferior. If you do so, My spiritual power will be diminished, for you are as good as the impersonal Brahman"
- Srila Rupa and Sanatana are very much experienced in education, devotional service, intelligence and strength, yet they think themselves inferior to straw in the street
- The beginning of divya-jnana is there when we try to understand that "I am not this body. I am superior element, I am spirit soul. This is inferior. So why should I remain in this inferior knowledge?"
- The body itself is composed of inferior nature, matter, but it is the superior nature that is moving the body. The symptom of that superior nature is consciousness
- The devotees who always think of Krsna as a superior are in subordinate ecstatic love. To such a devotee the concept of inferiority to the Lord is very prominent, and he rarely takes interest in any other kind of transcendental loving humor with the Lord
- The forceful restraint of sense activities by the eight principles of yoga is recommended for inferior men; superior men, being engaged in the superior activities of Krsna consciousness, naturally retire from the inferior activities of material existence
- The humility of these two brothers could even melt stone. Because I was very pleased with their behavior, I told them, 'Although you are both very much exalted, you consider yourselves inferior, and because of this, Krsna will very soon deliver you'
- The living entities belong to the eternal superior nature of the Lord, but due to contamination by the inferior nature, matter, their illusion is also eternal
- The living entity may transmigrate to either a superior or inferior body according to his association with the modes of material nature
- The material conception of ego is equibalanced in Him (Lord Krsna). He does not feel, therefore, inferior by becoming the chariot driver of His pure devotee
- The mention of upadeva-vara refers to inferior demigods like the Gandharvas, Kinnaras and Uragas, who are not exactly demigods but between the demigods and human beings
- The path of enjoyment is inferior, and the path of sacrifice for the supreme cause is superior. The material existence of the living being is a diseased condition of actual life
- The personified Vedas continued, "When one's mind is thus fixed on the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one does not take to any kind of inferior worship or inferior process of self-realization"
- The printing, binding is nice, but the paper is a little inferior, especially the end paper. It is good that you are getting it done quicker
- The relationship between material nature and spiritual nature is eternally going on, and this combination is effected by the Supreme Lord; therefore He is the controller of both the superior and inferior natures
- The source of all incarnations (Krsna) has the emotions of a superior when He considers Himself the master, and He has the emotions of an inferior when He considers Himself a devotee
- The source of all incarnations has the emotions of a superior when He considers Himself the master, and He has the emotions of an inferior when He considers Himself a devotee
- The universal form of the Lord and the formless Brahman effulgence of the Lord, being invisible, are inferior features
- The wise man is he who can discriminate between matter and spirit, between God's superior and inferior natures. Such knowledge is Krsna Himself
- The word dharma is meant for human beings and is never used in connection with beings inferior to human beings, such as animals
- There are 8,400,000 species of life, some inferior, some superior and some mediocre. The gradations of the bodies are calculated according to the covering of material energy
- There are different parts of the body. Some of them are considered as inferior and some of them are considered superior. Even two hands. According to Vedic civilization, right hand is the superior hand, and left hand is the inferior hand
- There are two kinds of nature, namely the material nature and the spiritual nature, or the external and internal potencies of the Lord. The material nature is called apara, or inferior, and the spiritual nature is called superior or transcendental
- There are two things, superior and inferior, everywhere, but in the eyes of God, Krsna, there is no such thing, superior or inferior. He's superior, and everything is superior. This should be understood
- There is just the futile attempt to get rid of the miseries, and temporary cessation of misery is falsely called happiness. Therefore, the path of progressive material enjoyment, which is temporary, miserable and illusory, is inferior
- This verse definitely proves that Srila Sukadeva Gosvami did not refuse to teach Suta Gosvami about the transcendental science nor did the sages of Naimisaranya refuse to hear lessons from him because of his inferior birth
- Thousands of years ago there was no bar to learning or preaching the transcendental science because of inferior birth. The rigidity of the so-called caste system in Hindu society became prominent within only one hundred years or so
- Thus Vasudeva Datta admitted his inferiority to Mukunda, his younger brother. "Although Mukunda is my junior," he said, "he first received Your favor. Consequently he became transcendentally senior to me"
- To identify oneself with Krsna's devotees, to always feel inability without the help of Krsna, and to always think oneself inferior to Krsna, even though one may have full capacity to perform something on his own
- Vasudeva Datta admitted his inferiority to Mukunda, his younger brother. "Although Mukunda is my junior," he said, "he first received Your (Caitanya Mahaprabhu's) favor. Consequently he became transcendentally senior to me"
- Vasudeva Datta admitted his inferiority to Mukunda, his younger brother. "You (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) very much favored Mukunda. Thus he is superior in all good qualities"
- We cannot treat the Supreme Personality of Godhead as an inferior who is dependent on our charitable gifts. When we give charity, it is to a person who is inferior in his material or economic condition. Charity is not given to a rich man
- We must accept that, that God and His representative, they do not come, who come directly from the kingdom of God, they do not come, accepting this inferior nature
- We must always know that we are executing the topmost yoga system, Krishna Consciousness, and we do not require any inferior quality yoga system
- We two are millions and millions of times inferior to Jagai and Madhai. We are more degraded, fallen and sinful than they
- Whatever we (Narada Muni) can understand by the nomenclature, characteristics and features of a particular thing - superior, inferior or equal, eternal or temporary - is not created from any source other than that of Your Lordship (Brahma)
- Whatever we can understand by the nomenclature, characteristics and features of a particular thing - superior, inferior or equal, eternal or temporary - is not created from any source other than that of Your Lordship, thou so great
- Whatever we see, very superior or inferior, good or bad, that is all from Krsna. "Bad is also Krsna?" Yes. Bad is also Krsna because there cannot be anything existing without Krsna - no existentional position
- When one takes to bhakti means he understands the inferior quality of karma
- When one wants to supersede a superior power, one's own inferior power becomes ludicrous. Just as a glowworm in the daytime and snow at night have no value, Brahma's mystic power became worthless in the presence of Krsna
- With the development of the bhakti cult, with the application of positive service to the positive form, one naturally becomes detached from inferior things, and he becomes attached to superior things