Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
ill | illness | illnesses
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Ill"
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total.
- According to Vedic culture, although polygamy is allowed, none of one’s wives should be ill-treated. In other words, one may take many wives only if he is able to satisfy all of them equally as an ideal householder; otherwise it is not allowed
- Actually I was very ill. I was falling down
- Actually I was very ill. I was falling down. But, by your prayers Krishna has kindly made me recover
- Akrura could understand very well that ill-motivated Dhrtarastra was much inclined in favor of his own sons. In fact, Dhrtarastra had already usurped the kingdom and was now intriguing to dispose of the five Pandava brothers
- Akrura hinted that although Dhrtarastra was ill-treating his nephews, the Pandavas, they happened to be his subjects
- An example of His (Krsna's) not being disturbed was shown when Sisupala began to call Him ill names
- Balarama said, "It is clear that they do not want a peaceful settlement, for they are factually warmongers. With great pride they have repeatedly insulted Me by calling the Yadu dynasty ill names"
- Because of their natural affection for Krsna, they (the inhabitants of Dvaraka) began to call Satrajit ill names, for he was the cause of Krsna's disappearance. They went to worship the goddess Candrabhaga, praying for the return of Krsna
- Both of them (Bhimasena and Duryodhana) then became like madmen in remembering the strong accusations and ill behavior they had exchanged with each other
- By your prayers and by your chanting Hare Krishna, and by the grace of Lord Nrsimhadeva I am recovered from the serious illness
- Daksa, who is so hardhearted that he is unworthy to be a brahmana, will gain extensive ill fame because of his offenses to his daughter, because of not having prevented her death, and because of his great envy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Devotees are not simply emotional, as is ill conceived by certain less intelligent men. Their direction is practical. They know everything that is and all the details of the Lord's domination over the different creations
- Dhrtarastra did not act in accordance with the good instructions given by Bhisma and Vidura; instead, he was being conducted by the ill instructions of such persons as Karna and Sakuni
- Duryodhana was bereft of his fortune and duration of life because of the intricacy of ill advice given by Karna, Duhsasana and Saubala
- He said. "You are a fool, you have brought ill fortune upon yourself, for you have no knowledge of the existence of the two Lords, Jagannathadeva and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, nor have you faith in Them"
- His (one's) ill-gotten wealth and possessions are taken by someone else, and he goes to the darkest region of hellish life. One should not, therefore, accumulate more wealth than allotted to him by destiny
- I am very glad to learn that your illness is cured. You can take it that it is Krsna's mercy
- I beg to apologize for not keeping our scheduled appointment on the morning of November 3rd. I became ill due to exhaustion from too much travelling and was not able to leave my room
- I have received a letter from Gargamuni. It is very much depressing. I thought that your father and mother will receive him as beloved child, but instead they are ill treating, or at least not treating as beloved child. I am very much sorry for this
- I should have joined and executed his (My Guru Maharaja's) desire immediately, but due to my ill luck I could not immediately execute his order, but it was in my heart that it is to be done
- I was seriously ill for the last few days, so that I could not attend the meeting, but I sent a message through my disciple, and when the message was read it was received with great applause
- If you are willing to offer your medical services to my students, when it is required, that will be very nice. It is important to keep the body fit and healthy so that we will not meet the obstacle of ill health while serving Krishna
- If you yourselves are suffering from the very ills we are trying to remove, how can the people be influenced favorably? Stop this fighting, tolerate, chant and read our books
- Ill trained
- Ill-fated yogis are given a chance in the next birth by being placed in the families of good learned brahmanas or in the families of rich merchants in order to execute the unfinished task of Vasudeva realization
- In Sanskrit, these activities are called pravrtti and nivrtti-positive and negative action. There are many examples of negative action. For instance, a diseased person has to be cautious and take medicine in order to avoid some unfavorable illness
- In spite of this divine voice (voice from sky), Rukmi insisted that Balarama had lost, and by his persistence it appeared that he had death upon his head. Falsely puffed up by the ill advice of his friend, he did not give much importance to the oracle
- In the arena of the raja-suya sacrifice of Maharaj Yudhisthira, when Sisupala began to call Lord Krsna ill names, Krsna did not care and remained silent
- It should be our definite policy that nobody is ill treated that he may go away. We recruit a person to join us after spending gallons of blood
- Just after sending you my letter sometimes in the month of May, 1967, I also fell seriously ill by heart stroke, and my disciples here admitted me into the hospital
- Just like a person, when he's ghostly haunted, he calls his father by ill names, but he cannot recognize even his father. So all of us, we are already under the clutches of maya. That is the position of intoxication
- King Sisupala was the monarch of the Cedi Kingdom, and although he happened to be a cousin of Krsna's, he was always envious of Him. Whenever they would meet, Sisupala would try to insult Krsna and call Him ill names as much as possible
- King Yudhisthira, "Since (Krsna) You are the Supreme Person, there cannot be any ill luck for one who has fully surrendered unto You"
- Maharaja Prthu did not ask the Kumaras about their good fortune, for the Kumaras are always auspicious by dint of their life in celibacy. Since they are always engaged on the path of liberation, there was no question of ill fortune
- My (Krsna) dear boys & relatives, I therefore advise you that even if a brahmana becomes angry with you & calls you by ill names or curses you, still you should not retaliate. On the contrary, you should smile, tolerate him & offer your respects
- Nityananda Prabhu meanwhile became very hungry and upset. Because He had not yet obtained a suitable residence, He began calling Sivananda Sena ill names
- Now it is our ill fate that after the passing away of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, the exemplar of patita-pavana, we have returned to our lowly, fallen ways
- Of course the climate is nice & I am keeping nice here (in Hawaii). Kartikeya is ill for indigestion. Hope you are well. Please offer my blessings to all there. The condition of the centre is not very satisfactory. So I am trying to rectify it
- One should not wear a fur blanket before the Deity. 21) One should not eulogize or praise anyone else before the Deity. 22) One should not speak any ill names before the Deity. 23) One should not pass air before the Deity
- One who could not continue by his ill luck, he is also not loser because, that slight Krsna consciousness will help him to get another human form of body. That is guaranteed
- Our dear husbands (Kamsa and his eight brothers), you treated persons ill who were faultless, and as a result you have been killed. This is inevitable because a person who torments an innocent person must be punished by the laws of nature
- Our Krsna consciousness movement is trying to educate people to cure his disease of forgetfulness. He has forgotten simply. Just like a madman forgets who is his father, who is his mother, he talks nonsense, sometimes he calls ill names. Mad
- Regarding the Narayana Kavaca mantra, the Hare Krsna mantra is everything. But, I think that you are working too hard. Your illness is the result of too hard work
- Regarding your daughter's illness, all of the family members should sit down together and hold Hare Krsna kirtan. Let your daughter hear and she will be alright
- Regarding your illness - so long we have got this material body, the miseries will be coming and going, simply we have to tolerate them and try to make advancement in Krishna Consciousness as best we can
- Regarding your proposed program of editing, the Bhagavatam First Canto is already edited, so when making final typing, you shall simply see it for proofreading. I do not think that you need take too much burden because you may fall ill with too much work
- Romaharsana Suta had been given the chance to become a perfect brahmana, but because of his ill behavior in his relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, his low birth was immediately remembered
- Sisupala was habituated to calling Krsna ill names, and by his insults he irritated the sons of Pandu more than he irritated Krsna
- Some of the people at the arena were prepared to kill Sisupala (because he was calling Krsna ill names), but Krsna restricted them. He was so forgiving
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued, "The demigods, headed by Lord Brahma and Lord Siva and including Lord Indra, Candra, Varuna and others, are apt to be very quickly satisfied or very quickly angered by the good or ill behavior of their devotees"
- The activities are called pravrtti and nivrtti - positive and negative action. There are many examples of negative action. For instance, a diseased person has to be cautious and take medicine in order to avoid some unfavorable illness
- The Bhattacarya then began to curse his son-in-law and call him ill names. When the Bhattacarya returned, he saw that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was laughing to hear him criticize Amogha
- The child is afraid of taking medicine. That also I have experienced. In my childhood, when I became ill, I was very stubborn. I won't accept any medicine. So my mother used to force medicine within my mouth with a spoon. I was so obstinate
- The cowherd boys would come out of the water when they saw their own shadows & stand imitating, making caricatures & laughing. They would also go to an empty well and make loud sounds, and when the echo came back, they would call it ill names and laugh
- The daughter of Time (Jara) was very unfortunate. Consequently she was known as Durbhaga ("ill-fated"). However, she was once pleased with a great king, and because the king accepted her, she granted him a great benediction
- The first sporting took place between Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, who threw water upon each other. Advaita Acarya was defeated, and He later began to rebuke Nityananda Prabhu, calling Him ill names
- The King of Kalinga was a friend of Rukmi and gave him the ill advice to play chess with Balarama and thus defeat Him in a bet. Among ksatriya kings, gambling on chess was not uncommon
- The mass of people, especially in this age of Kali, are all born sudras, basically lowborn, ill-trained, unfortunate and badly associated. They themselves do not know the highest perfectional aim of life
- The Mayavadi philosopher cannot understand that the Lord has feelings. The Lord is satisfied if someone offers Him a nice prayer, and similarly, if someone decries His existence or calls Him by ill names, God is dissatisfied
- The person who is very careful about his health does not generally fall ill. Similarly a person who is always fixed up in Krishna Consciousness cannot be defeated by maya
- The princely friends of Jarasandha instructed him that ordinarily it would not have been possible for him to be defeated by the strength of the Yadu kings; the defeat he had experienced was simply due to his ill luck
- The proportion in which we fall back in Krishna Consciousness is filled up by the influence of maya. It is exactly like the proportion of negligence of our health is subsequently resulted in our falling ill
- The Vedic system of acquiring knowledge is the deductive process. The Vedic knowledge is received perfectly by disciplic succession from authorities. Such knowledge is never dogmatic, as ill conceived by less intelligent persons
- There is not question of a devotee becoming ostracized because he has become ill, nor do I think this is being widely practiced. One of the symptoms of a devotee is that he is kind, so if our Godbrother becomes ill it is our duty to help him
- Thus They both went on talking and praising one another, although Their praise appeared negative, for it appeared as if They exchanged ill names
- We should be very much angry. When? When there is anything against God and God's devotee. But generally, for my personal interest, I should not be angry. "All right, if you like to call me by ill names, I don't mind. You go on with your business"
- While this scene (Kaliya and Krsna) was taking place on the bank of the Yamuna, there were ill omens manifest. The earth trembled, meteors fell from the sky, and the left side of men’s bodies shivered. All these are indications of great immediate danger