Pages in category "Household Affairs"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.
- A chaste woman should not be greedy, but satisfied in all circumstances. She must be very expert in handling household affairs and should be fully conversant with religious principles
- A man becomes increasingly entangled in household affairs, so much so that leaving them becomes almost impossible. Thus the household becomes grham andha-kupam, a dark well into which the man has fallen
- After a while, she (Mother Yasoda) became engaged in household affairs. At that time, a servant of Kamsa's known as Trnavarta, as instructed by Kamsa, appeared there in the shape of a whirlwind
- After binding her son, mother Yasoda engaged herself in household affairs. At that time, bound up to the wooden mortar, Krsna could see a pair of trees before Him which were known as arjuna trees
- After mother Yasoda bound Krsna and became engaged in other household affairs, Krsna observed two yamala-arjuna trees, which were actually Nalakuvara and Manigriva, two sons of Kuvera who had been condemned by Narada Muni
- Although she was the mother of so many sons and heroes, the King still feared that she would not be able to maintain the responsibility of household affairs
- Ambarisa gave up all attachment to household affairs, wives, children, friends and relatives, to the best of powerful elephants, to beautiful chariots, carts, horses and inexhaustible jewels, and to ornaments, garments and an inexhaustible treasury
- Apart from such Vedic duties, even in our ordinary dealings (for example, in our household affairs or in our business or profession) we must consider that the result of all activities must be given over to the supreme enjoyer, Lord Krsna
- As the Supersoul living in everyone's heart, Lord Krsna could understand their (the wives of the brahmanas) minds; they had come to Him despite all the protests of their relatives, fathers, husbands & brothers, & despite the duties of household affairs
- At the age of only three months Krsna killed the Sakatasura, who had remained hidden behind a cart in the house of Yasodamayi. And when He was crawling and was disturbing His mother from doing household affairs, the mother tied Him with a grinding pestle
- Being an ideal king, Maharaja Yudhisthira wanted to retire just to set an example for others. As soon as there is some young fellow to look after the household affairs, one should at once retire from family life to uplift oneself to spiritual realization
- Being inquisitive as to how Krsna was managing His household affairs with so many wives, Narada, desiring to see these pastimes, set out to visit Krsna's different homes
- For such a man (who is entangled in household affairs) to get out is extremely difficult unless he is helped by a strong person, the spiritual master, who helps the fallen person with the strong rope of spiritual instructions
- Foreseeing disturbances, she (mother Yasoda) called for the brahmanas to counteract this heaviness (of Krsna), and then she engaged in her other household affairs - SB 10.7.19
- If a woman is attached to a man other than her husband, she will appear very busy in carrying out her household affairs, but within her heart she is always relishing feelings of association with her paramour
- In household affairs the first attraction is the beautiful and pleasing wife, who increases household attraction more and more. One enjoys his wife with two prominent sense organs, namely the tongue and the genitals
- In modern civilization the horses and elephants have been replaced by cars and conveyances with considerable horsepower. To maintain all the household affairs, one has to increase the bank balance and be careful about the treasury house
- In such a case (when one has a good wife and mother), everything about household affairs and all the paraphernalia in the house becomes very pleasing
- In this regard, the word tulya-silaya is very significant. Unless a wife is equally as qualified as her husband, household affairs are very difficult to continue
- It is the duty of the wife to take charge of household affairs and not to compete with the husband. A wife is meant to help, but she cannot help her husband unless he is completely equal to her in age, character and quality
- It was fortunate for Sati that Lord Siva did not take the ornaments from his wife and spend them for ganja, because those who imitate Lord Siva in smoking ganja exploit everything from household affairs
- Kardama Muni finished his household affairs quickly by his mystic power. The building of the castle in the air, traveling all over the universe with his wife in the company of beautiful girls, and begetting of children were finished
- Krsna continued, "My dear beautiful wife, you (Rukmini) know that because we are householders we are always busy in many household affairs and long for a time when we can enjoy some joking words between us. That is our ultimate gain in household life"
- Krsna went on speaking, "Engage yourselves in sacrificial activities and in the service of your husbands and household affairs so that your husbands will be pleased with you and the sacrifice which they have begun will be properly executed"
- Let the man & woman combine together, live peacefully. The woman takes charge of the household affairs, the man may take charge of bringing money, & they meet together, have Deity at home, together chant Hare Krsna. Where is the difficulty? That is unity
- Lord Krsna’s father, mother and household affairs are all displayed in the same visuddha-sattva existence
- Maharaja Ambarisa's queen was equally as qualified as the King. Therefore it was possible for Maharaja Ambarisa to engage his life in household affairs
- Mother Yasoda saw that her child felt sleepy, and to give Him all facilities for sleep, she lay down with the child, and when He was peaceful, she got up to attend to her other household affairs
- O Uddhava! It is indeed regrettable that Krsna resides in Mathura. Does He remember His father's household affairs and His friends, the cowherd boys?
- One should not remain continually implicated in household affairs up to the time of death. He must leave. Family affairs and the wife may be taken charge of by a grown son
- Ordinary household affairs become miserable for him (anyone who drinks a small drop of krsna-katha), and without attachment he suddenly gives up everything. Although such renunciation is quite suitable, because I am a woman I am unable to adopt it
- She (Mother Laksmiji) is an ideal wife because she takes care of Lord Narayana in every detail. She takes care not only of His lotus feet but of the household affairs of the Lord as well
- She (Vatsara's wife) had all good qualities for managing household affairs. If both the husband and wife are endowed with good qualities and live peacefully, then nice children take birth, and thus the whole family is happy and prosperous
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami continued: One day when mother Yasoda saw that all the maidservants were engaged in other household affairs, she personally began to churn the yogurt - SB 10.9.1-2
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami strictly prohibits the behavior of the materialistic so-called hearers of Srimad-Bhagavatam. Instead of awakening real love for Krsna, such hearers of the Bhagavatam become more and more attached to household affairs and sex life
- The activities in householder affair is that you have to get some store from the market, and they are brought in your house, and they are stocked, and in due time they are cooked, and you take your foodstuff and then go to your work
- The eleven people - five watchmen, four personal servants and two brahmanas - who were guarding him became less strict in their vigilance. When Raghunatha dasa actually took up his household affairs, his parents reduced the number of guards
- The gopis are always liberated souls because they are fully in Krsna consciousness. They only pretended to be entangled in household affairs in Vrndavana
- The gopis said, "Your feet are worshiped and meditated upon by great mystic yogis and highly learned philosophers. We wish that these lotus feet may also be awakened within our hearts, although we are only ordinary persons engaged in household affairs"
- The gopis said, "Your instructions to women to be faithful to their husbands and merciful to their children, to take care of household affairs and to be obedient to the elder members of the family, are surely just according to the tenets of the sastras"
- The laborers in great factories and workshops are also engaged in such burdensome work, and after working hard during the day, the poor laborer has to be again kicked by the fair sex, not only for sex enjoyment but also for so many household affairs
- The Lord is independent and desireless. He does not create the material world for His own satisfaction as we create our household affairs to fulfill our material desires
- The statement in this verse (SB 3.33.15) that Kardama Muni's household affairs were envied even by persons who travel in outer space refers to the denizens of heaven
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead was engaged in His so-called household affairs in order to teach people how one can sanctify one's household life although one may be attached to the imprisonment of material existence
- The way of Vedic civilization is that whatever was used in household affairs had to be valuable. In case of need, such items of value could be exchanged immediately. Thus one's broken and unwanted furniture and paraphernalia would never be without value
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned the art of making paintings on the floor with a liquid paste of rice and flour; such paintings are very popular at auspicious ceremonies performed at household affairs or in the temple
- They (the inhabitants of Gokula) sorted out their household affairs, placed their clothing and other paraphernalia on the carts, and immediately started for Vrndavana - SB 10.11.30
- This system is still followed by Indians in household affairs. They keep metal utensils and golden ornaments or silver plates and valuable silk garments with gold embroidery, and in case of need, they can have some money in exchange immediately
- To maintain all the household affairs, one has to increase the bank balance and be careful about the treasury house
- When Akrura was present in Vrndavana and was narrating the activities of Krsna in Dvaraka, Mother Yasoda was informed that Krsna had married so many queens and was very busy there in His householder affairs
- When the teachers went home to attend to their household affairs, the students of the same age as Prahlada Maharaja would call him to take the opportunity of leisure hours for play
- While mother Yasoda was very busy with household affairs, the Supreme Lord, Krsna, observed twin trees known as yamala-arjuna, which in a former millennium had been the demigod sons of Kuvera - SB 10.9.22
- While offering himself as a fully surrendered soul, he said, "My mind, my household affairs, my body, whatever is in my possession, my dear Lord, I offer to You for Your service. Now You can do with them as You like"
- While the elderly gopis go about their household affairs, Krsna and Balarama sometimes go into a dark room, brightening the place with the valuable jewels and ornaments on Their bodies and taking advantage of this light by stealing - SB 10.8.30